Chapter 24

When you thought I speak Mandarin

 

Tao pressed his soft lips against mine before I could utter even a sound. His hot breath against my skin and the familiar perfume that lingered in the atmosphere intoxicated me with nothing but thoughts of the male before me and what his importance in my life really is. Suddenly, there was no right or wrong. There was just me, Tao and the surroundings which have seemingly frozen; time had surprisingly stopped. Even the city remained hushed as the rustling leaves and the rushing water were at harmony.

The drum that beats inside my chest pounded faster as seconds passed with our lips still connected and my conscience fogged by the innate desire in me to feel loved.

I closed my eyes as I was beginning to subside to my desires. But in the darkness, I saw a blurred figure before me. Sunlight seeping through the blinds shone upon his sleepy face and his tousled hazel hair. A smile flashes across his face which fits him more than his stern expressionless mask.

The warmth I felt that time came back as well as his arms were protectively wrapped around me.

Slowly, the image cleared like the morning sun. Slowly, I found out that I’m thinking about Kris.

 

 

Kris.

 

 

I felt Tao’s lips part from mine and I opened my eyes, staring blankly at his eyes under his curtain of jet black hair. They were rounded and shocked, half with worry and half with that look of pain that I only recognized as he wiped a tear that fell across my cheek.

“You’re crying,” He whispered to himself.

I abruptly wiped the rest of the water from my eyes with the back of my hand. Apologizing like a child and hanging my head low.

The surroundings began to move and the sound of the city again echoed louder than the more symphonious melody of the trees and river. It was nearing midnight but the city refused to sleep.

“Can I ask you something?” Tao’s words jolt my head up.

My heart quivered and I felt like the meanest person in the world for committing such a crime as to make an innocent, a kind, man like Tao cry. I met eyes with his red ones and his attempt to hold back his tears were obvious.

After one gulp Tao asked “Do you love…someone else?”

Tao’s words froze me; my words hitched in my throat and my brain sank to an unthinkable depth as it hid from Tao’s piercing gaze, leaving all the decision making to my poor battered heart. It had gone through so much and it was pleading me to spare it. It didn’t want to break anymore. It didn’t want to risk falling in love and hurt in the end.

Do I love someone else?  I asked myself.

Suddenly, the vibration that came from my bag snapped us seemingly out of a trance that we have fallen into. Tao wiped his tears as he looked away, assuming that I didn’t see.

I grabbed my phone and answered the call only to be startled by Sun Mi’s panic stricken voice.

“Calm down. What is it?” I said, brows knitting to the middle and heart racing as I heard my brother’s name along with the murmur of other mixed words earlier.

“Suho…he…”

 

 

 

 

My hands trembled both in fear—riding a motor still scared me—and in worry.

Suho. My brother. The person that I love more than my parents; I can’t bear seeing or hearing that he’s not okay. Because of him, I know that I still have family. We only have each other. If one leaves then…then. I don’t know what would happen. I don’t want Suho to leave me.

My arms around Tao’s waist tightened as tears collected in my eyes.

“Don’t worry. He’s going to be fine,” Tao’s comforts echoed from his back as I pressed my face close to it. I took those words to heart and did believe that everything is going to be okay. Suho is going to be okay.

Tao decided that by motorcycle was the fastest way to reach the hospital. We got his motorcycle from Baekhyun’s condominium and immediately flew like the wind. I felt the motor speed up and we whirled faster through the city. Everything passed by in a blur and all I heard was Tao’s comforting heart beat with Sun Mi’s words still painfully ringing in my ear.

“Suho got in an accident as his car lost control and he crashed into a street post. He…still isn’t awake yet,”

Just imagining Suho’s figure in a hospital bed, lifeless and the heart machine beeping slowly—hopefully, steadily, made me want to cry into Tao’s jacket. But I bit my lip and remained hopeful that Suho was okay.

We arrived at the hospital and I immediately got off the motorcycle, nearly getting hit by a car if not for Tao who whirled me into his arms. I was lost in worry and the fear of losing my brother that I’d be careless enough to lose my own.  

“Do you want to get in an accident too?” Tao’s angered tone asserted. He held my shoulders as he looked me in my heated eyes. In the end, I ruptured into tears, overwhelmed still of the news of my dear beloved brother. Suho is inside one of those lit rooms—amongst the millions of windows.

Tao took me in his arms and I cried on his chest. Wailing pathetically as Tao hushes me and whispered  how everything is okay and Suho is fine.

Part of me didn’t want to see Suho, primarily because of my fear to see him lifeless on that bed. To see someone who is part of my life entirely, nearly at a state of death, is too much to take. I cried, because that’s all I could do. My legs shook and if it wasn’t for Tao, I could’ve fallen to the ground.

 

Once I’ve calmed down, once I’ve readied myself, Tao and I went to Suho’s hospital room. Tao knocked for me since I stood there, nibbling on my fingers and heart pumping quickly.

Chanyeol’s tall figure comes into view first as he opened the door. His smile radiated warmth and joy that for a second, I thought I was going to do fine…until he moved away and I saw the foot of Suho’s bed.

Gravity pulled me down, my feet were a billion times heavier and my attempt to lift them was difficult. I carefully walked forward, eyes wide as I began to obtain full view of my brother. First the feet, then the white sheets that blanketed his body then…then…

Then his face, seemingly just asleep but with a bandage around his head and a tube connected to his lips. The movement of his chest has Suho breathes and the beeping sound of the machine that stood next to him reminded me that my brother was not as dead as the silent stiff room.

“Oppa,” My voice quivered as I neared him.

Suho didn’t reply, he remained asleep.

“Oppa wake up,”

It was like when we were youngㅡSuho’s face had remained angelic throughout the years and he had retained that charming sweet feature. I used to sit beside his bed and watch him sleep, still not getting over the fact that I have a brother—I’ve dearly been wanting one.

I sat down beside the bed, only sobs coming from my mouth whenever I’d attempt to use them.

Suho’s younger version appeared in my thoughts, back when I too was a little girl and I annoyed him in his sleep. “Suho wake up,” I pleaded.

It’s not fair. He’s not playing it right. He should wake up by now because that’s how our mini game goes. I ask him to wake up and he surprises me by suddenly roaring then pinning me on the bed. We were rowdy children back then. But he’s not waking up. Did he forget the rules?

“Oppa. Don’t leave me. You’re my only family,” My voice was hoarse and tears began streaming down my cheeks endlessly. Just when I thought I didn’t have any more tears to spare, they fall down the sheets that warmed up my brother.

Sun Mi tapped my back softly and offered her shoulders as I cried through the evening, refusing to leave Suho’s side and fighting exhaustion to keep watch.

 

Through the silence of the night, when Sun Mi, Chanyeol and Tao had left, I sat there taking note of any slight movement; but he remained frozen like a doll. The darkness of the room and the lamp near the headboard of the bed provided us light, though the mere sight of machines keeping my brother alive and  his sleep like state made me hope that the lights would just turn off.

Though I did well for the first few hours into the night, exhaustion won against me and my eyelids were beginning to fall. Attempts to fight it back were a failure as I lost to fatigue and worry; falling asleep at an uncomfortable position: leaning against his bed even if the couch could’ve served as a more comfortable bed.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sooooooo sorry that I haven't updated even though I promise I would. T_T School is such a "beach" and so much homeworks and exams, quizes stuff like that. I'm really sorry for leaving you guys waiting this long for the next chapter. I kinda rushed it so if it turns out crappy then yeah you can kick me if you want. ^^;; he he he.

I know this is a romantic fanfic and I just realized it's primarily fluff type but yeah wanted to inserted a bit of drama since I'm already starting with the TaoBomi drama anyway. Might as well go all the way? Hahaha. B-b-but my baby suho. :<<< lmao. 

okay wont make this stupid thing long cuz no one reads it haha. ♥ 

um... comments are loved. critisizm of my writing, grammar, etc (scholarly critisizm) is really encouraged dont be afraid. 

Yeah... 

SARANGHAEYO ~ 

 

-Kleo ♥