Chapter 13

When you thought I speak Mandarin

 

Kris's Point Of View

Seoul looked the same as it was several months ago. It was still the same old buildings, same old shops and same old people that walk the streets everyday to get to their destinations. Korea was my second home—where I had my second family like Chanyeol.

“So what brings you here to Korea?” Chanyeol was bound to ask sooner or later. I came in such short notice—actually, I came with no warning at all.

“Can’t I just visit you Chanyeol?” I replied, still staring out the window. It was such a beautiful sight; a change from the day to day roads that I take in Beijing.

My good friend chuckled, looking at me in pure disbelief. “Oh really. You’re visiting me because you miss me,” Chanyeol supposed.

I nodded.

“Whatever floats your boat Kris,” He brought his attention back to the road and I returned my gaze to the scenery that passed by outside the window.

Where could she be right now? Was she outside, seeing the same sky as I was seeing? Finally we were stepping on the same ground again. It has been months since I really felt her presence near me. It has also been months since my world has gone spiraling down into a series of doubt and self questioning. I don’t know who I was anymore. What I know is true and what I feel is right has been in a constant battle for supremacy. One side told me that what I was feeling was a mere figment of my imagination—that I was just missing her. But the other side told me that what I feel, the sleepless nights and the idle moments where I stare into a piece of paper, was real.

To think that I flew all the way to Korea just to see which side was right even surprises me. If I see her and the feeling goes away then I guess…I guess…I don’t know what to guess.

“By the way,” I stared at the piece of folded paper displayed in my wallet “Where are you going? Dressed like that?”

Chanyeol wore a denim jacket under a black and white streaked shirt. His headphones was wrapped around his neck like a scarf. It was a bit too stylish for just picking up a friend at the airport.

He grinned widely, suddenly shyly bowing his head for a second. There was excitement and happiness in his expression. “I’m meeting someone,”

“You’re meeting someone?” I repeated, unable to believe what I heard.

 

Bo Mi's Point Of View

“What? You’re meeting someone?” I can’t believe Sun Mi didn’t tell me this earlier. That she had been pen pals with a guy whom she was set up with by a friend. We were best friends, almost considered sisters, and knowing that she didn’t trust me enough with a very personal topic like this is heart shattering.

Sun Mi had been in front of the mirror all morning. Fixing her hair at a certain position then a few moments later she would tie it up in a bun and the cycle goes on. She was too tense about this.

“You know I haven’t been dating for a long while now,” She looked at me through the mirror as she combed her brown hair. After all this time she’d decide to go with her natural hair style, seriously. I could mentally face palm myself for this.

“That’s not the point,” I leaned on the coffee table. “The point is, you didn’t tell me about it before,”

She sighed. “Bo Mi I didn’t know you’d feel like this if I didn’t tell you,”

“What’s done is done,” I muttered dejectedly.

“Don’t make me feel bad about going. It’s just that…I wanna feel special for once okay?” She took the space on the floor beside me.

I was so angry at her that I didn’t want to look her in the eye and just turned my head the other way.

I felt her nudge my shoulder. “Bo Mi~ c’mon I can’t leave for my date knowing my bestest bestest bestest friend is mad at me,” Sun Mi wailed.

This tantrum throwing act is tiring especially if your best friend is an aegyo master. Just a few more high pitched apologies from her and my anger were already boiling down. Sun Mi was right…in a way. Her last boyfriend was two years ago and they broke up because the guy was going to continue his work abroad and—according to Sun Mi—long distance relationships are the hardest to handle.

“Fine. Whatever. Go on your date. But can I stay here? Do you have ice cream?” I looked up, brightly smiling at the thought of the sweet cold treat but Sun Mi was staring into space with a light bulb flicking on and off over her thinking head. I could hear the gears turning in her mischievous mind, a plot to probably bring me to my end.

“Don’t you da..”

“Bo Mi you should seriously come with me!”

I stared wide eyed at her. “Are you crazy? I’d be a stupid third wheel. And I’d just drag you both behind,”

“This isn’t even a date. The guy called it a meeting for crying out loud,” Sun Mi scoffed. The way she addressed the person made me wonder if she really knew the guy she’d be dating. Before I could take my stand, Sun Mi was already texting away in her phone with eyes glistening in delight.

A few moments later, the phone vibrated in her hands. Out of pure curiosity, I scooched a little closer to her.

“Great. I’ll bring my friend along as well ;)”

We both looked at each other, with the same thing going on in our heads. But my answer is no. “No I’m not going on a double date. No, no and no!” I attempted to run away but Sun Mi pulled me back down.

“Don’t be such a killjoy Bo Mi. This would be fun!” Sun Mi dragged me to hell—her cabinet. All her clothes were there, the types I would never dream on wearing. Being an only daughter and the child of a wealthy family, she was half spoiled. Sun Mi would use her credit card approximately 10 times in a week while I don’t even have that thing.

I tried my best to deny wearing the clothes she picked out for me. But she kept repeating how my jeans and shirt attire was not going to do the job so I handpicked a white dress that went all the way to above my knee, a brown belt and my brown cardigan. I didn’t let her touch my hair nor my face because that was off limits to hairspray and excessive make-up.

 

Their choice of date was an amusement park, how nice. I lost all my chances as soon as I got in the taxi with her. I was caged, trapped, and forced into doing something I didn’t want to do. This is inhumane. Shouldn’t people be jailed for this? Or at least someone take away Sun Mi’s entire collection of Gucci bags.

“You look beautiful stop being so conscious,” She remarked when we got off the taxi.

“Shut up,” I groaned.

We waited for quite some time by the entrance. He gave an excuse like “I had to pick my friend up at the airport first. We’d be a little late” which just fumed up Sun Mi’s anger. The one thing she hated the most was when people made her wait. She tapped her foot and would occasionally look at her wristwatch; those were the signs that she’s being impatient.

“Pick up my friend from the airport my face,” Sun Mi mumbled, uncrossing her arms and taking out her phone; probably to send him another text message filled with exclamation marks.

I was just looking around when a tall guy with brown almost curly hair coming our way caught my attention. He had his phone on hand and was being followed by a male from behind, which his tallness had also blocked my view of.

“Would your date be probably six foot tall, has brown curly hair and big eyes?” I tugged on the hem of Sun Mi’s shirt.

Sun Mi took her frustrated gaze away from her phone and immediately it softened at the sight of her date. Well, Sun Mi knew how to pick that’s for sure. The guy was a charming tall man with an adorable yet creepy smile. His friend though, with hazel hair, was still blocked from my view. Though a few steps closer and I’ve recognized who it was, and I became less ecstatic on knowing his identity.

Our eyes met. He was as surprised as I was; both our eyes rounded and jaws slightly opened.

“Sorry we’re late. Had to pick up this guy from the airport. He’s from China you see,” Sun Mi’s date oddly had a deep voice.

Kris was still looking at me while I was staring at my feet. What should we say to one another? I’ve left China without saying goodbye properly to him that it made me feel awkward rather than happy in seeing him again.

Sun Mi noticed the silence that came after that and initiated a conversation. “Ah Bo Mi. This is Chanyeol. Chanyeol meet Bo Mi my best friend,”

We both bowed at one another.

“And this is…” Sun Mi asked. She gave Kris a good hard look from his hazel hair gelled up to his black sneakers.

“Kris,” Kris and I both blurted out. Chanyeol and Sun Mi were as surprised as I was after I reflexively said Kris’s name.

“You know each other?” Chanyeol interrogated.

Long story short I told them about how we met in China. Leaving out very fine details that would just leave me tongue tied and flustered from head to toe. When all the questions were answered and the creases neatly straightened out, Sun Mi and Chanyeol began their date.

Considering that it was a double date, I began mine with Kris.

Ugh that sounds so wrong.

 

 

 

Haven't updated in a while. Got too carried away with my freedom. Somthing I call vacation. 

My college entrance exam reviews are over but I still have that exam coming on my way T__T

OMFG GUYS IT'S PANDA TAO'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! asjfakvbavbajhvbakjsdvbakshcbacs.

Too bad he's not in China anymore to celebrate it with his family ;___; but Exo M is in Korea with Exo K.

Tao's with Baekhyun guys. Tao. Is. With. Baixian. hahaha. 

- Kleo ♥