Chapter 7: A word of thanks.

A book of debt

 

“Thank you for the meal, Mdm Kim. You have great culinary skill,” I my lips as I finished the whole bowl of porridge.

“Thank you for the praise,” Mdm Kim smiled gently. “Actually, I would like to say sorry on behalf of our young master. He was a bit harsh yesterday.”

I kept silent, unable to respond. Even his nanny is going to apologize for him?

“I told him about the book of debt and the reason you are here, and I scolded him the whole night.” Mdm Kim chuckled softly. I smiled back. “Don’t misunderstand him. He is a good child.”

I nodded, given the experience last night, my impression of him improved by a little tiny bit.

“I need to go to the market soon,” Mdm Kim glanced at the clock. “Please make yourself comfortable here, alright?”

I smiled and bowed, sending her off. I looked at the empty house, bored. I started wandering around the house. Every area of the house was patched together by an artist, stylish yet not losing the beauty of nature. Natural daylight dances in and out of the large windows. Views of the outdoors are enjoyed from every corner in this rich and layered home.

A wonderful scent mingles from room to room, and one particular room smells extremely pleasant. I peek into the room. Simplicity was the only word that could describe the whole room - One large bed that fills up half the room, a tall closet and a study table, where only a laptop was placed on top.

I frowned. Why were there only such a few things? This room definitely needs some decoration. I let myself into the room; there was a detail that I missed, something that warmed my heart. A ceiling full of glow-in-the-night stars, I smiled.

It’s a pity it is not at night. If not the stars would have shined. I sat at the edge of the bed, gazing at the stars. Wind gently blow through the open window, I lay on his bed, getting a better view. Slowly, I fall into slumber unknowingly.

“Yah,” A hand shook me. I shrugged it off, too comfortable in sleep.

“Yah,” The hand placed on me again. What? I’m sleeping here, in his room… Oh ! My eyes shot open. He’s home. I sat up, arranging my messed up hair.

“What are you doing in my room?” Dongwoon gave a stare.

“To..to..” I have to come up with an excuse. “I came here to thank you.”

“Really?” He gave an unbelievable smirk. Dongwoon inched closer and closer, and I backed off bit by bit, till I reached the end of the bed. Under his eyes, I could see those eyes bag. It must be the result from sleepless night. Gazing at him, I could feel my face heating up.

“If you are done, leave,” Dongwoon spoke, barely above the whisper. I scrambled off the bed startled.

“Anyway, thank you for everything,” I turned to him before closing the door.

“You know,” I came back in, Dongwoon turned to look at me.

“You are actually a really nice guy, if your attitude don’t that much,” I had to add on and left the room quickly, before he could retort back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

still no subs): 

NEED comments.heh.(:

Wonder is this story interesting enough?^^