Chapter 27: Forgive me.

A book of debt

 

“Do you still want more?” I asked, as he cleared the last mouth of porridge and stopping the last drop of tears. Dongwoon shook his head. I his prefect hair, what should I do?

“Before you sleep, let me help you change your bandage.” He nodded. I sighed silently as I retrieved the first aid box from the living room. He totally shut himself up. I heaved a deep breath and went back in.

Removing the bandages on his face and his hands, I replaced with new ones. Looking at the wound, it felt like those were made by me. If not for me, he would not get involved in that mafia gang. I held his hands as I stared at those wounds.

Dongwoon lifted up my face with his uninjured hands, his eyes concerned.

“I’m alright,” I gave him a weak smile. I took off his shirt, revealing his perfectly toned body. His muscles defined, and constructed flawlessly. It was like looking at a man made sculpture. But that big white cloth that covered his wound was an imperfection.

Unexpected tears fell, I couldn’t control them.

“What’s wrong?” The first question he asked after so long in silence. He cared for me. Yet…

“Please, tell me,” I was at the brink of bursting into tears. “Tell me what’s hurting you.”

“I…” Dongwoon sighed. “My father was me to leave.”

“Where?”

“UK,”

“Why?”

“He was afraid of the mafia gang. He felt that Korea is unsafe for me.”

“But?”

“I don’t want to leave. I have Mdm Kim here, I have you here. All my life he had been controlling it. He is the one who planned every step in my life. Every single time I start to take a liking for him, he just had to crush my hopes with some stupid ideas.”

“So that’s what you are so angry about?”

“Yes, I’m tired. I don’t want to face that disappointment anymore. If it was my mother…” He stopped, too painful and meaningless to say anymore.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized for being such a nuisance.

“For what? I’m the one with the temper here.” Dongwoon smiled encouragingly at me.

“I’m sorry,” I said again, this time for another matter.

“I said…” He sighed, trying to convince me.

“No, not that,” I interrupted. Dongwoon raised his eye brows. “Sorry for getting you involved in the mafia gang and putting you in danger.”

From the look of his eyes, I knew what’s he was going to say. I covered his mouth.

“I don’t want to hear it’s not my fault, when it is. The only thing you can do is to accept the apology and never forgive me.” I finished the long sentence in one breath. His chuckle muffled. I release my hands.

“Alright, fine. Apology accepted, but,” Dongwoon paused, smiling. “You have to work for me your whole life for me to earn your forgiveness.”

“Fair enough,” I grinned back at him.