Chapter 13: Stay strong

A book of debt

 

“Mdm Kim!” I ran to her, as I reached Son mansion. Dongwoon followed behind me, strolling in.

“Oh, Yoora! Young master, you are home!” Mdm Kim smiled as soon as she saw me. Dongwoon nodded.

“I came to play!” I took her hands.

“I’ll go up first,” Dongwoon headed up. We both stare after him as he went up.

“Do you mind helping?” Mdm Kim asked me. I shook my head. She led me to the kitchen. There on the table were fresh ingredients not touched.

“I just came back from the market, preparing for tomorrow,”

“Tomorrow? Is there an occasion?”

“It’s Madam’s death anniversary,” Mdm Kim replied sadly. My face fell, thinking about my mother.

“It will be a hard day for young master tomorrow. He never fails to go to his mother’s grave, taking along her favorite food and flowers.”

“I too, miss my mother on that day,” My eyes turning sour. Mdm Kim looked over at me. She patted my head.

“You will be okay, Yoora,” Mdm Kim whispered. I smile, wiping away my silly tears.

“Let me help you,”

The kitchen was filled with food by the end of the day. Dongwoon never once stepped out of his room. I was starting to get worried. Was he going to be alright?

“Yoora, do you mind bringing this up to young master?” Mdm Kim handed me a bowl of dumpling soup on a tray. I nodded, taking the tray. Slowly and steadily, I reached Dongwoon’s room.

“Dongwoon,” I tried to call out, no response.

“Dongwoon,” I tried again, this time louder. “Please open the door.”

Still silence. I fidgeted, holding the tray with one hand. I knocked and let myself in. Dongwoon was lying still on his bed, his arms covering his eyes. He’s asleep? I left the tray on his desk. He needed to eat or drink something at least.

I stepped slowly towards him. His face feature got clearer as I got closer. I bend towards him, one leg kneeing on the bed, observing that prefect face.

“Mum! Mum!” he mumbled in his sleep. My heart ached. He carried a burden in his heart. He must had blamed himself for unable to protect the person he loved. Even in his dream, it was his nightmare.

“Dongwoon, Dongwoon,” I tried to wake him up from his nightmare, from his fears.

“Dongwoon,” I shook him again. His eyes abruptly opened, grabbing my wrist. I lose my balance and fell over Dongwoon.

“What are you doing?” Dongwoon asked wryly.

“Erm…” This was bad. My face was so close to him that it was burning up.

“Ermm… you are having a nightmare,” I explained. He just looked at me, not saying anything. Why was he staring me like that? My face must be a red as a tomato right now.

“Dinner!” I suddenly remember, jumping up. “Mdm Kim asked me to bring you some dumpling soup.”

“Please eat, at least a little,” I smiled.

“Arraso,” He sat up on his bed, his face buried in his hands. I his hair, wanting to comfort him.

“Be strong,”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hellos.

Sorry for the late update!

Been trying to write as fast as i can. But.>< heh.a little stuck here and there.

Sorry guys. & thanks for being patient with me^^

Enjoy the story!