Chapter 26: Fatherly Love

A book of debt

 

“Yoora, can you help me bring this up to Dongwoon?” Chairman Son asked. This was the third day since that incident. Chairman Son stayed at home for full 3 days to care for Dongwoon. From preparing his meal to preparing his medicine, the fatherly love for his son was absolute.

“Why not you bring it up to him?” I encouraged him. “Tell him it’s from you.”

“Well…” Chairman Son hesitated, he was afraid of rejection.

“Go on,” I pushed him towards Dongwoon’s room. I giggled, watching this interesting thing. How could fathers be so shy? I went back to the kitchen, where Mdm Kim was and helped clearing up the table.

Out of the blue, Bam! The door slammed opened…

“Dongwoon!” Chairman’s voice echoed throughout the house. Dongwoon came limping down the stairs. I went out to see Dongwoon’s frustrated face and Chairman chasing after him.

“STOP controlling my life,” Dongwoon stood at the foot of the stairs and glared at his father. He opened the front door opened the front door with a thud. Mdm Kim and I were shocked.

Chairman Son sighed hopelessly. Looking at the ominous situation, I rushed out to chase after Dongwoon.

“Dongwoon!” I yelled at him. I caught up to him fast and stopped him.

“Where are you going?” I asked. He was fuming, furious, outraged, all the words that can be described that he was mad.

“Don’t stop me,” Dongwoon tried to keep his calm in my presence. “Leave with me or leave me alone.”

I couldn’t retort the infuriated Dongwoon now, he seemed so terrifying to me now. It felt as if he was a different person.

“I’ll drive,” I obeyed. He threw me the keys, I caught it in surprise. What should I do? Where should I go?

I drove around Seoul, not knowing where to go. During the ride, I kept throwing glances at Dongwoon. He was looking out his window, not uttering a single word. This was where I wished I had mind reading powers. What exactly happened in Dongwoon’s room?

“I want to sleep,” Dongwoon spoke, after turning a few rounds. I nodded, knowing his suffering inside out. I drove us to my house.

“Are you hungry?” I asked, he hadn’t eaten for a few hours already. He shook his head.

“Alright, sleep,” I tugged him into my bed, covering him with a warm blanket. I left him alone.

Out in the living room, I picked up my phone and typed on it. I had to inform Mdm Kim, she must be worried. Few hours later, I entered the room to check on Dongwoon.

He was awake, still lying on the bed, but deep in his thoughts.

“Are you alright?” I asked in a soft tone. I sat beside him, on the floor. Dongwoon refocused his eyes on my face.

“Can you tell me what’s on your mind?” I his hair. Dongwoon said nothing but continued to gaze at me.

“Hungry?” Maybe he just didn’t want to talk. He nodded wordlessly.

“Wait here,” I let go and headed to the kitchen, the porridge I prepared for him. Then scooping a bowl, I went back in. He was sitting up by the time I was back. I pulled a chair beside him.

“Be careful, it’s hot.” I warned him, handing him the bowl.

Silence was his only defense. It must been such an emotional journey for him.

How could I help him?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HEllo!!!!!!!!^^

So happy to see all the comments! 

& i was on tumblr. Dongwoon's hair.>< straight i like, curls i' fine. but centre parting with maggie hair.HMMMM..

But still, he is still my bias<3 heh.

Anyway, ENJOY THE CHAPTER!^^