Chapter 29: His father’s disbelief

A book of debt

 

“Mdm Kim, we are home!” I drove Dongwoon home after our talk.

“Omo! Young master! Yoora-sii!” Mdm Kim came rushing out of the living room. “You made me worried, young master!”

“I’m sorry,” Dongwoon said remorsefully.

“It’s okay, your father is in the study room.” Mdm Kim patted Dongwoon’s back.

“Let’s go then…” I smiled encouragingly at him. We both headed to the study room, and knocked the door that would give us our answer.

“Come in,” Chairman Son’s voice came through the door. Making our way in, Chairman Son was at his desk, reading documents.

“We’re back, Chairman,” I announced. Dongwoon looked tensed up beside me.

“Sit,” He instructed. We obeyed.

“Take these,” Chairman Son took out an air plane ticket from his drawer. Dongwoon stood up, his face filled with fury.

“You have been like that since forever! If you can’t talk through me, you force it into me!” Dongwoon shouted accusingly. Chairman stayed silent with those accuses.

“Chairman, please listen to us first,” I begged, this was the worst that could happen.

“Fine, I will listen,” Chairman sighed, rubbing his temples with fingers.

“Dongwoon, please, you promised. Sit down,” I tugged his sleeves. Dongwoon glared at his father, and sat back down.

“Have you really thought of what your son wanted, Chairman? Have you guys communicated before?” I asked.

“He is getting more rebellious ever since his mother died. The only way is to do it my way,”

“You still dare to say about mother!” Dongwoon roared.

“Dongwoon!” I screamed, he was making the situation much worst.

“I love your mother very much. This is the only reason that I haven’t remarry,” Chairman expressed. Dongwoon stared at him speechless.

“I want you to be safe. I don’t want the history to be repeated again.” Chairman looked at him in a concerned face.

“Dongwoon is your only son, Chairman. You can’t send him away just like that. Besides, those men are in jail. Do you not trust the police?” I cut in. The chairman shook his head honestly, his face grim.

Then, silence, no one spoke, everyone was weighing the pros and cons of the situation. I nudged Dongwoon, hinting he should talk now.

“I want to stay here,” Donwoon spoke, his eyes sparkled with determination.

Chairman looked up in surprise, his first time listening to his son’s request.