Chapter 11: The chairman’s tears

A book of debt

 

“For you,” I handed him a pouch as he pulled in front of my house.

“What’s this?” Dongwoon looked at it, confused.

“Your reward,” I smiled at him. “See you in school tomorrow.”

I waved to him and headed upstairs.

“I’m home, mum,” I greeted the picture placed on the dining table.

~L L L L Lightless
   L L L L Lightless~

My phone rang in the silent house.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Is this Yoora? I am Chairman Son.” A manly voice spoke through.

“Neh, annyeong haseyo, Chairman,” I greeted him.

“I am just outside you apartment, do you mind coming out?” He asked.

“Sure!” I agreed.

“Alright, see you in a while,” He hung up. I rushed out, and headed down. A luxury car parked, just outside.

“Sorry to disturb you so late at night,” The chairman greeted me as I climbed into the car.

“It’s alright,” I smiled, slightly panting.

“I just want to ask how my son is recently,” Chairman Son looked tired under the dim light.

“I am still getting to know him, Chairman. But I could see he is a nice person.”

“Ah, I see,”

“Chairman Son, thank you. Thank you for sending me to school, and paying for my school fees.” I was really grateful. Being out of school of 2 years because of lack of funds was really torturing for me.

“It’s nothing. I believe in education is necessary for everyone,” Chairman Son chuckled.

“Chairman Son, can I ask you something?” I hesitated. Is it appropriate to ask?

“Go ahead,”

“Actually I heard that you weren’t present when your wife died, can I ask what the reason is?”

“Ah… that…”

“If you don’t want to answer it’s alright. I might be too busybody,”

“I was actually stuck in a snow storm for that day and couldn’t rush back just in time… I was out of country for business, and it was my mistake to leave them without guards. I should have…” He sighed deeply. This might be his life regret, to leave his son and wife.

“By the time I reached the hospital, it was too late. Ever since then, Dongwoon had the attitude. I tried the hard way and the soft way to talk to him. But, I guess it was just hard for him to forgive. Because of my mistake…” Now, silent tears fell down his face.

I tried to give a comfort pat and hand him a piece of tissue. He smiled as he wiped away his tears.

“I’m sorry to let you see such an embarrassing sight of me,”

“No, thank you for answering my question,” I smiled at him. “Don’t worry, chairman, I will do my best to patch you guys up!”

“Then, I shall wait for the good news, Yoora,” Chairman chuckled softly.

Yes, I will deliver good news to you… Definitely.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updates!^^

Was watching running man.

So hoping Beast would go on it.>< hahaha.

THIS IS CORRECT chapter.finally><

Please support and comment TYTYTY much!^^