Chapter 06

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Natalie groaned while reaching to her blasting alarm. It’s only been two days since she took the challenge from Jaeboem she already feels defeated. The thought of Friday didn’t make anything better for her. She has too many things to finish. She typed a quick text to Bambam. “Yo, how’s my dress coming up?” she threw the phone aside and dragged her body to the bathroom. She heard clanging sounds of pans from downstairs and knew Jinyoung must be preparing breakfast. Her past couple of days had been most chaotic and disastrous yet she was eating well thanks to him. She chuckled at her sudden luck with food. She admitted to herself that days were bit bearable with a full stomach rather than battling with an empty. She took a quick shower and dressed in off white sleeveless top and a black pant. She wore her thin chain with three pearls and black silhouettes. She tied her wavy brown curls into a messy bun and headed downstairs. Jinyoung plated the breakfast, an egg with toast, sausages on the side and a glass of freshly made orange juice. 

“English breakfast” he announced with a little bow like a real butler. His extravagant gestures made her chuckle and she quickly emptied the plate. 

“Are you gonna eat out tonight?” he asked when she was about to go out. “why?” she was confused. “Today is Friday?” “Ah, well no plans so far. If anything changes I’ll let you know” she was almost out when she remembered her plans for Saturday. “Jinyoung, do you own a good suit?” he frowned his brows as to remember “Nevermind, drop by Bam's boutique today. I’ll tell them to prepare a good suit" she said while sending him the location to his phone. “But why do I need a suit? Did you lie to your father that we are getting married?” “What? No... gosh...” she chuckled “One of my friends is getting married tomorrow and you are my plus one. See you later" she waved good bye while getting into the elevator. He waved at her with a firm expression on his face. He wasn’t sure whether he should be going out on public events like that and exposing himself to media. He didn’t want any unnecessary attention.

'He looked around with tears in his eyes. He was scared to make a sound. He clutched his broken toy solider in his tiny hand and pressed it into his heart. He was hungry and cold. He didn’t know how long it has been even. The room was dark. Suddenly a white light brightened the room with heavy thunder. He pressed his little body more to the corner and closed his eyes tightly. “Ma, I’m scared" he whispered under his breath. Every time a lightning cracked he jumped a little. He wanted to curl under his blanket on the bed. But he knew he will have to stay here till he becomes a good boy. He was bad. His father says so. He was a trouble maker and this was what he deserved. His back burnt like fire. He could feel the swelling of the marks made from father’s belt. He kept his lips tightly shut today when his father hit him with the belt. He knew if he screamed his father would hit him more. Another lightening blasted the room. His knuckles were white from clutching the toy solider tightly. He wished someone would open the door. He prayed to god as his mother taught him when he was small. He prayed that he would be good. Finally his prayers were answered and door slightly opened. He peeked through the opened door but no one was there. ‘It must be noona' he thought while stepping outside. He ran to his room and jumped on the bed. He covered himself from head to toe and lied silently. 

He heard someone coming to the room so he kept his eyes shut tightly. He was afraid if they see him awake they will throw him back in the dark room. He slowly opened his eyes when he heard his door closes. A plate and a cup was on the table. A burnt toast with strawberry jam and peanut butter was on the plate. The cup was filled with juice. He took a bite from the toast. It got stuck in his throat. He covered his mouth to muffle his cough. He was afraid to make a sound. It hurt his throat and tears rolled down on his cheeks. He took a sip from the cup. He wiped his tears and took another bite. Burnt taste was too strong yet he kept eating it. He was famished to think of the taste. 

“Junho-ah" a thin voice came through the slightly opened door. His sister was standing in the doorway. “Do you want more?” he shook his head. He was full and didn’t want to trouble his sister more. “Noona is sorry that I couldn’t save you" she said while wrapping her arms around him. He didn’t make a move. He let her caress his head. He felt safe with her. He wasn’t alone.

“LEE JIWON" 

They both jumped at the voice ringing through house. She quickly put him in to the bed and covered him with the blanket. Then slowly closed the door behind her. He put a pillow over his head to muffle the shouting. He could hear his father’s loud voice shouting at his sister for taking him out. He heard his sister's screams and he wanted to stop their father. But he was a coward. He was scared of his father. So he curled up in his bed under the blanket and prayed to God to save his sister.'

Jinyoung read what he has written so far. It sounds so bitter and dark but he liked it. He realized he should not be always worry about creating happy endings rather he should focus on real life. He still didn’t have a name for the story. But he knew what he was going to write. He had the whole story mapped in his mind. His thoughts broke with the sound of a text message. 

“Turns out I’m free in the night. Wanna go somewhere?” He re-read the text and checked the name. 

“Are you sure you meant to send this to me?” he replied.

Natalie clutched her phone in disbelief. She had to type and delete that message numerous times before sending it. 

‘This clown is making me repeat myself’. She shook her head as to erase the whole message from her head. She even thought of sending as it was meant for someone else but then she would have to go home early. So she will be embarrassing herself twice. 

“Well I’m being nice to you” she managed to send a little embarrassing text. “Awesome! Where are we going?” he replied immediately. Of course she didn’t think of that before sending the text. 

“Will let you know later" she sent a quick reply. She opened her browser and thought of what to search. It’s not like they are gonna go in a date. She just wanted to treat him to a nice meal since he always cooked for her. 

“What are you looking for?” Natalie jumped at Zara’s voice and slammed the phone on the table. Zara widen her eyes at her boss’s sudden flustered reaction. “Nothing” Natalie mumbled and went on to check the presentation. 

“Zara make an appointment for Jinyoung at Bam's boutique for a suit fitting” Natalie suddenly remembered she forgot to make the appointment. “For Jinyoung?” Zara paused “Oh, are you taking him? Really?” she sounded curious like a high school girl. “Why is that a surprise?” Natalie frowned her brows. “Well, I thought you didn’t want to show him to media" Zara shru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter