Chapter 22

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


She ran in the long corridor reaching to the reception despite the fact she was wearing heels and in a shining cocktail dress. People were staring at her with widen eyes, whether it was her dress or her ruined make up because of crying, she didn’t know.

“I received a call about my nephew Kim Yugyeom,” she said to the nurse. Nurse nodded as she searched the name in the system. 

Natalie felt something on her shoulder as realized Jinyoung has covered her with his blazer. He squeezed her shoulder as to reassure her everything will be alright. 

“He is currently in ICU. Go to the south wing and meet Doctor Jung. You need to sign some papers" 


She quickly went to the direction nurse pointed with Jinyoung following her behind. Her heart was racing and tears kept rolling on her cheeks. She was used to check on him once in a while in the past. But recently she rarely got time to even to send a quick text. Her mind ran to the evening she admitted him under her name. His call saved her that day but she failed him.

“Doctor Jung, I’m Natalie Wang. Yugyeom’s guardian” she spoke to a male in his fourties with a name tag of Jung Hae-suk. 

“He is in ICU at the moment. Luckily the cut hasn’t reached to the radial artery but since he cut himself while inside warm water, he has loss a great deal of blood,” he calmly explained to her. 

“Can I see him?” 

“Yes, but before that I need you to sign a consenting form, for blood transfusion” He pushed a document to her hand which she signed without reading even. Jinyoung stood by her side the whole time watching her. 

The doctor took them to a glass window and Natalie broke down as she saw him lying helpless with a machine attached to him. Jinyoung hugged her tightly without letting her fall on her knees. Doctor Jung gave permission to his subordinates to starts the process as he watched them through a monitor.

“Don’t worry Miss. Wang he will be ok. What about his parents? Do they know about this?”

Natalie shook her head and tried to find her sister’s number in her phone. It has been nearly three years since she last spoke to her and that conversation didn’t end on a good note either. She hesitantly dialed the number and let it ring.

“Hello, Christina speaking" 

Natalie took a deep breath before speaking, “Tina, it’s me Lia. I’m at the City Hospital and I want you and Jaehyun oppa to come here,” 

“What? If you are at the hospital why are you calling me?” Tina snapped at her. 

“It's not me, Tina it’s Yugie. He is… he is… in ICU” 

“What the hell? What did you do to my boy?”

Even Jinyoung could hear the scream from the other side. Natalie clenched her fist and bit her bottom lip as trying to control herself.

“Listen here, I don’t need to explain every damn thing over phone. Get your ing down here,” with that she hang up the phone. 

Her head spinning as she looked for a place to sit. Jinyoung guided her to a chair next to the wall and kneeled in front of her. He slowly removed her heels from her feet and that’s when she noticed he had brought her canvass shoes. He took a wet tissues out from his pocket and slowly wiped her smudged mascara under her eyes. He sat next to her and pulled her head on to his shoulder. 

 

“what the hell is going on?”

It was Jinyoung who first spotted a lady in her forties running with a man following her behind. Her attire suggested she must have left home in a hurry. Natalie stood up and took a step forward as to hug her. But Tina pushed her aside and proceeded to the doctor. 

“What’s wrong with him?” she demanded from the doctor. 

“Tina, he had tried to commit suicide,” Natalie calmly said trying to get her attention. 

“Suicide? My son? But… but… why?” Tina’s voice cracked as she fell on to a chair. Her husband hugged her with tears in his eyes. 

“We want to take him to the Seoul teaching hospital. Discharge him" Tina said abruptly to the doctor. 

“What? He is in middle of blood transfusion,” Doctor Jung said annoyingly 

“I didn’t give permission for that,” Tina protested.

“I did. I have been listed as his guardian,” Natalie said while  pulling Tina by her arm. 

“Why you? You aren’t even his family” Tina slapped Natalie’s hand away harshly.

“He is my nephew, he is my family too” Natalie snapped back.

“Really? Well I’ve got news for you. You ain’t a Wang. I don’t know why they took you in to the family even” 

“Tina, stop it,” Jaehyun stepped in between them pulling Tina away while Natalie froze in shock.

“Look here miss, she hasn’t done anything wrong to you apart from being a good sister right now. And if you are really concern about your child, you will stop making a fool out of yourself" Jinyoung said while dragging Natalie away from the couple.

She crunched down as she didn’t have energy in her legs. Deep down in her she always had doubts, with the way her own parents treated her. But she always brushed those thoughts away. It was her worst nightmare knowing that she actually had no-one in this world. Jinyoung pulled her up from her waist and took her a nearby chair to sit. They spent the whole time in silence until a nurse informed them that Yugyeom was out of danger and most probably he would wake up in next two hours time. Natalie nodded her head and stood up to leave.

“Don’t you wanna see him?” Jinyoung held her back. Natalie silently shook her head as she went to the front desk.

“I want to change Kim Yugyeom's guardian details,” she told the nurse behind the front desk. “change it to Kim Jaehyun. It’s his father" 

Jinyoung brought the car to the front for her to get in and they rode in complete silence. She made no effort to talk as she went to her r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter