Chapter 12

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The clock showed five fifty nine quietly and alarm started to ring when it hit six. A pale hand reached under the blanket and slammed the alarm. The hand went back inside the blanket without a trace. 

Jinyoung stood near Natalie's door step thinking about the events from the previous night. He slowly ran his finger over his lips. He remembered the taste of her lips, a mixture of soju and her strawberry flavored lip balm. As he was thinking whether he should kiss her back or not, she broke off the kiss and passed out on his lap. He smirked at the memory. 'Good that it didn't lead us anymore' he thought. It would have been awkward and uncomfortable if they have ended up sleeping together.

"You better wake up if you don't wanna be late on Monday" Jinyoung dragged the blanket to reveal a zombie with dark circles and messy hair. "Why did you even drink that much?" he folded the blanket nicely. 

"Don't shout please" Natalie said in a hoarse voice. Her head was spinning with a heavy headache and was dry. She cursed herself for drinking that much and she tried to remember what happened on the previous night. 
After struggling for sometime she finally managed to sit on the bed. 

"Here's some honey tea" 

She took the cup Jinyoung gave her. 

"Come down, I made hangover soup," he said while taking the laundry basket down. 

When she came down, she looked much better. She was wearing a dark green skin fit dress with black ankle boots with kitten heels. She tasted the hangover soup and moaned a little. Jinyoung smirked at her reaction. 

"Jinyoung you are the best" she gave a thumps up to him. 

"But that's not what you said last night" he . 

"Last night? Why did something happen?" she panicked with his teasing. 

"You don't remember?" He asked again. 

"I remember we playing the game and then everything is sort of a blur" she admitted. 

"Nothing happened. You just stopped the game and slept without dinner" he said instantly. He didn't want to remind her if she was going to pretend like she doesn't remember. 

"That sounds like drunk me" she continued to eat. 

Jinyoung felt violated that she has forgotten all about yesterday but he thought maybe it's for the best. Remembering last night might have complicated things between them. 

She took her bag and was ready to go out when she turned back. "Jinyoung, don't go to the mart alone again," she said nonchalantly and went out from the home. Jinyoung stared at the closed to door contemplating whether she has actually forgotten or she was pretending. 

 

"Oh you look awful," Zara said as soon as she got down from the elevator. 

"Thanx, why is the office so bright?" Natalie squirmed her eyes to avoid the brightness. 

"It's not bright, you are just hungover" Zara handed over the coffee to her. 

"Thank god you have nothing important in your schedule today. Just to stay in the office and be yourself," Zara said while opening the door to Natalie. Natalie nodded her head and sat on the chair. 

She tried to read some emails but none of those required her immediate attention. She fumbled through the files on her table but her body wasn't ready to work. She pulled the manuscript she carried from home and turned to the page one. 

Prologue This story is not going to be pretty. It might not be happy either. But it is real. It did happen and it is happening at the moment. If you pick this for light bedtime story, you have been warned. It all started when a Japanese woman fell in love with a strict Korean man. Her parents told her not to marry him but she was blinded in love to listen. In her defense he had looks of an actor and a smile of a kid. He looked like an angel but she was too late when she realized he was the fallen angel. But this is not their story. It is the story of the aftermath of their story. It is the story of a lonely soul birthed by an angel and raised by the devil.


Natalie read the prologue of Jinyoung's novel and intrigued by the story. She continued to read the story and slowly started to get lost in the world he created by the words.

'Junho lifted his head up to see Emiko entering the room with a bottle in her hand. "Turn your back little master," Emiko said. Junho turned his back to her and she started to apply healing oil on the marks. He shifted a little with pain. "Why did you go out alone? You know how angry your father gets" she blamed him. "I wanted to see her Emiko" he whispered. "Madam isn't coming back little master. You can't see her again" she stood up from the bed. His eyes filled with tears. All he wanted was to see mom. "Why did she go Emiko?" his tiny voice trembles. "It's God's wish little master. God decides who lives and who dies" she didn't sugarcoat her reply. She felt sad for the boy but she couldn't be his mom. "You have to be tough if you want to live here little master" she offered one final advice before leaving. Junho took the picture he hid under the bed. His mom was holding him and they both were smiling brightly at the camera. He hid it to save it from his father, who destroyed everything belonged to his mom when she passed away. He couldn't understand why he was so angry but his sister thought he wasn't angry but sad. But would a sad man make others sad too by creating a bad world? He never got an answer to that question. His father was never an affectionate person. He never showed his emotions except anger. That he showed all the time. Junho rarely saw him laughing or crying or showing any other emotions that humans are born with apart from anger. Junho remembered the first time his father got angry with him. It was Christmas eve and he was only 4 years old. He watched his mom decorating the Christmas tree with such an awe. "This is noona" his mother hanged an angel on the tree. "This is me" she hanged another angel. "And this you" she placed the big gold star on the top of the tree. He clapped his tiny hands in joy. All he wanted was to hang a one little piece on the tree. A little piece for dad. His short arm couldn't reach to the top so he was standing on his toes. But unfortunately he lost his balance and
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter