Chapter 27

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jackson sat patiently until the hair stylist added the final touches to his hair. The filming crew was already in place. The stylist gave him the signal as she was done and Jackson got into his feet. He smiled briefly at Choi Youngjae who sat  next to him getting ready. Youngjae gave slight nod as to acknowledge. 

“How’s everything going?” Natalie barged into the dressing room with a wide grin on her face. They were down to final two weeks and what left was to film the advertisements. The marketing team came up with the idea of letting the celebrity write their own struggle and the script was merely brushed up by a writer. Natalie wanted it to be authentic and real as much as possible. 

“Hey Lia,” Jacksons gave a quick hug to Natalie.  

He wasn’t his usual loud cheerful self. Natalie knew Yugyeom's recent incident had affected him as well. He blamed him for not being close enough to the boy, so he wouldn’t have felt the need to runaway from life. Natalie had the same guilty feeling as well. That’s why she even invited Yugyeom to join with them for the filming as a way to distract him from his state of mind. It was foolish but she had to do something. However, Yugyeom refused her offer. 

Natalie said a quick hello to Youngjae before going after Jackson to the set. He was seated surrounded by so many cameras and shined like a star. As the director gave the signal for him to start, Natalie walked out from the set to look into other preparations.

The two members picked from the public were also ready and they looked genuinely excited for the project. Yang Ji han was more of a shy personality while Nyla was out going. Seeing them excited to show off something that they have been bullied their whole life was a beautiful sight to Natalie. 

“Hey gorgeous, shouldn’t you be filming your own video?” 

She jumped with the husky whisper near her ear to find Mark standing behind her. He looked dainty with his permed hair and small face. 

“What are you doing here?” she asked while letting him peck her on cheek. 

“I heard Youngjae is filming and you are here too” he shrugged “and I was bored"

“So you come to see me only when you are bored. So much for best friend,” Natalie teasingly pushed him. 

“So how’s thing with Park?” Mark asked while walking to the dressing room with Natalie. 

“It went well,” her cheeks blushed with pink. She should have told him earlier but she was too busy getting pampered by Jinyoung even to give a call. 

“I’m glad baby” he ruffled her hair. 

“hey, I’m not a kid.” Natalie playfully slapped his hand away. But the smile on her face told that she was glad to be treated that way. 

“I wanted to talk to you about something as well. Do you have any contact in the emigration authority?” Natalie asked.

“Emigration?” Mark frowned his brows, “I think dad has few contacts.”

“It’s  about Bambam. Are you free on Friday? Jackson is coming for dinner at my place. I can tell your more about it then.” she wanted to have a peaceful moment with three men who had rooms in her heart. 

“Sure. Count me in.” He agreed instantly. She pecked his cheek lightly before leaving him at the waiting room to meet Youngjae. She wanted to send an update on the preparations to Kang Seho, representative of Sonic. 

 

Kang Seho turned the laptop towards the Sonic Chairman. “They are shooting the advertisements which are supposed to be  release before the launch. That’s Richard Wang's son, Jackson Wang,” he explained to the old man.

The old man took a glance at the screen before going back to his newspaper. He had no interest in Richard Wang’s children. The one he was interested in had nothing to do with Richard.

“Everything is going good Chairman. I personally think going for the launch would be smart Sir. We can do the announcement at the event. That will give us enough publicity and it will get those hyenas out from our back,” Seho said cautiously not wanting to anger him. Seho knew by experience the old man do not take advices from anyone. Seho waited for him to respond but the old man continued to read the paper. Seho politely bowed and left the room as he realized the meeting was over. 

 

Black Rose released one of the teasers with a week to go for the launch of the project. The teaser showed a line from each model’s script. It was instantly shared via social medias gaining attention of the youth. Natalie checked the graph the marketing team set up to track the impact on social media while stirring the pot. She and Jinyoung decided to give Jackson and Mark a homemade meal since both of them regularly consumed hotel food. She was excited like a kid while helping Jinyoung with chores. Despite the fact her team was working day and night she took a break to be the perfect host. She heard Jinyoung humming a song. He was engrossed with cooking and a line of sweat visible on his forehead. It was surreal to her how much she has changed within a short period of time. She guarded her heart like a dragon guarding a chest of treasure for eight years only to be melted like butter in heat. 

The door bell rang breaking her moment. Jackson came with a bottle of wine while Mark carried a big bunch of roses. Jackson as usual engaged her in a bone crushing hug and Mark kissed her on cheek.

“What's up brother?” Jackson gave a quick hug to Jinyoung. The house filled with laughter and stories soon. Natalie noticed Jackson has already made Mark into a friend even though they rarely had interactions in the past. They were engrossed in a conversation of Chinese music industry as Natalie set the table. As she expected both of them inhaled food like they have been starved for a year. They had nothing but praise for Jinyoung’s cooking. 

Natalie settled on the couch with a glass of wine in her hand after dinner with Mark. Jackson went to the balcony for a smoke and Jinyoung went to accompany him.

“My divorce was finalized yesterday. She agreed to take the house in Beijing as alimony and settle,” Mark said while sipping wine. Natalie squeezed his hand for comfort. 

“Nah, I’m alright. I feel relieved actually” he smiled wearily “I would have given the apartment in Seoul if she has asked, because it wasn’t fair for her what I did"

Natalie could see the regret in his eyes as he spoke but it wasn’t guilt. “are you happy now? Did you find the love you wanted to hold?”

 “I will be happy. Someday definitely,” He chuckled softly, “enough with me. How is it going with him? Looks like he already has brother-in-law's approval.”

Natalie looked at the balcony where she could see the back of Jackson and Jinyoung. They looked like they were deep in a conversation. 

“They have been friends since fourteen. I also got to know later,” Natalie said “Jackson had stayed with Jinyoung after leaving home.”

“Wow really?” Mark exclaimed “ a small world it is. What about his family?” 

Natalie bit he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter