Chapter 14

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Zara opened the blinds starting a new day at office. Her wrist watch displayed five minutes to seven. The office door opened to her surprise and Natalie walked in with a smile. 

“Aren’t you early today?” Zara asked while checking the time again. 

“Can’t I be early?” Natalie winked at Zara making her eyes grow wide in shock. 

“Seriously, the new guy is definitely doing something to you. You are even smiling a lot these days" Zara voiced her surprise. 

Natalie’s laugh roared in the office making Zara join the laugh. 

“What do we have in our schedule today?” Natalie asked switching on her desktop computer. 

“Well, you have a meeting with Busan branch to discuss their next year plan at nine. Then Bambam has sent some more sketches and fabrics for the approval of our team. You might wanna check those up as well” Zara recited checking her tablet. 

“Then the opening of your mother’s gallery is at six in the evening followed by the charity dinner” 

“Gallery?? What sort of gallery?” Natalie turned her head. 

“Art gallery, I told you last week. She is into art business these days" Zara said. 

“I wonder for how long" Natalie shook her head. 

Her mother, Catherine tends to take her hobbies extremely serious and sometimes she mistakes her hobbies as business opportunities. One time she opened a bar when she found that she loves alcohol and another time she opened a coffee shop because she thought sophisticated women drink only coffee. These days she seems to take a likeness to arts maybe because of the recent tour she took to Louvre, Paris. Her father didn’t pay much attention to Catherine’s changing business ideas because she would be burning her own inheritance money. Catherine happened to be the only daughter with three brothers of Zhang family with a huge inheritance. She got married to Richard when she was only nineteen and had her first daughter Christina when she was twenty. Though Catherine is in her sixties anyone would vouch that she doesn’t look older than fifty. Natalie had a hard time matching to her mother’s beauty as growing up and still it’s a concern when they are seeing in public. 

She knew she can expect  comments like, “Your mom is getting younger by the day, you should take care of yourself too" or “Your mom looks like your sister" or “your mother was beautiful than you when she was in your age" ect. 

She wished if she could skip town just to avoid going to the opening but consequences of avoiding her mother were severe than going against her father. 

“I better take Jinyoung with me” if she has to go through torture she better have a companion on her side. 

“I’ll confirm your attendance with a plus one" Zara noted down. 

“That blue folder contains everything you need for the Busan branch meeting, I’ll leave it to you" Zara pointed to a file. 

“Thanx” Natalie nodded her head. 

 

 

Jinyoung combed his closet trying to find a fitting suit for the gallery opening in the evening. When he received the text from Natalie he was busy making plans for his next novel. He hasn’t heard from the contest results yet but he decided to keep his momentum going by writing. He checked several shirts with the flannel pants but none of those suited for the occasion. After all he was supposed to appear as the gallery owner’s daughter’s boyfriend. He sent a text to Bambam asking whether he would be able to borrow a suit for the evening. Since the last time Bambam had grown to like him. “Sure, drop by at the boutique” he received the reply. 

“Hey hyung, so what’s occasion?” Bambam asked as soon as Jinyoung entered the shop. 

“Natalie’s mom is opening a gallery" Jinyoung shrugged his shoulders. 

“Let’s go for a full black suit with a white shirt. That way you will fit in with any dress and you won’t be stealing the thunder either like you did at Mark’s wedding” Bambam picked a full black suit off the rack. 

Jinyoung chuckled at his remark. “So how’s the project going?” he asked. 

“It’s going good. I hope that isn’t putting pressure on Ma too much" Bambam said more to himself than to Jinyoung. 

“Which one?” Jinyoung chuckled softly. 

Bambam looked confused with the question, “I mean Richard Wang or Im Jaeboem?” Jinyoung clarified. 

Bambam smiled, “Well both of them” 

Jinyoung nodded his head. “Aren’t you going for the opening? I thought you are close with her family" he asked again. 

“Oh no, I have only seen Catherine Zhang once in my life and I got scared for a lifetime” Bambam shook his slender figure as he was cold. 

“Is there any advice you would like to share? I’m meeting her for the first time” Jinyoung said. 

“Don’t leave Ma alone with her. They tend to raise hell when they are left alone” Bambam said in a serious tone. 

 

 

Bambam opened the door to reveal a snobby beautiful lady wearing a tight dress and a dark shades that one could see their own reflection. “Yes?” he inquired. She looked at Bambam from head to toe before speaking and scrunched up her nose “Is Natalie there?” she asked. “Yes, please come inside" Bambam opened the door and led her inside the apartment. “Ma!! Someone is here for you" he knocked on Natalie’s door. “Ma??? You call her Ma?” the lady grasped. “Yeah she is my adoptive guardian” he explained happily. He had been saying this to every cat and dog he met during the past month because he was over joyed. Natalie opened the door and froze on her feet. “Mom, what are you doing here?” she asked slowly. Bambam’s eyes widen in shock as he realized the pretty lady is Natalie’s mother. He wished he was invisible or he could just vanish into thin air. “I see you have opened an orphanage” Catherine commented sharply. “Mom, if you come here to insult me you can just leave" Natalie intended to say firmly but her voice shook a little. “Insult?” Catherine scoffed, “Where did you pick this one up?” she said while sitting down on the couch. “Bambam wait in your room" Natalie said to Bambam. He went inside the room but he kept his ear pressed to the door to hear what they were talking. He didn’t want eavesdrop but he was worried about Natalie. “Why did you come here?” Natalie asked again. “I want you to come for the charity ball tomorrow” Catherine said after a while. “What are you talking about?” Natalie was confused, “You never wanted to be seen with me in public" she added. “Yeah, well still I don’t. But legal representatives from Hudson’s will be there. So I need you to make an appearance and show them that you are doing well" she casually mentioned. “Why are you so afraid of a legal firm? Just because they have grandfather’s will, that doesn’t mean they can control us" “Your father thinks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter