Chapter 05

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


         Natalie pushed the door of her father’s office despite the warning of his PA, “What does this mean?” she waved the paper in front of his face without caring he was with two other people. Richard glared at her and stood from his seat. “Gentlemen, I’m glad that you brought this proposal and I will contact you soon with good news" he shook hands with the two businessmen and continued to walk to the door with them as Natalie just stood there with the email print out in her hand. Once Richard bid goodbye to his visitor he walked back to his seat and started to read the file while ignoring her presence. Natalie took a deep breathe and slammed the paper on top of his file. “Dad, what the hell are you doing?” she asked quietly as she didn’t have energy to scream. She knew there wasn’t a point of confronting her father yet she wasn’t ready to lose. 

“It means what it says Natalie and there is no Dad in the office" he pushed the paper away, “also this is a high risk project and it’s better if Jaeboem handles it" 

“So you are just gonna give him my project? Just cause he asked for it?” 

“He didn’t ask. I told him to take it” he paused and continued “Well, he insisted to talk to you about it first” 

“But why? Why so little faith in me?” 

“This has nothing to do with you Natalie. This is for the company” 

“Bull” it came out before she had time to think. 

“That’s enough. Stop acting like a child” Richard's voice ringed inside the office making it clear that he has nothing else to talk about it. But she wasn’t ready to give up yet. 

“Give me two weeks. I’ll prove that I can handle it" 
“It’s already decided” 

“Give her two weeks sir, I anyway have to finish the Seoul fashion week preparations” Natalie rolled her eyes at Jaeboem’s voice. ‘Great now he is doing the rescuing act' she thought. But even with that she was ready to take two weeks.  

“Ok, after two weeks you will hand over the project" 

“No, I won’t” 

“If you going to be stubborn I’ll take out the company investment” 

Natalie was dumbfounded. “You can’t do that" 

“Yes I can and I will" Richard said firmly. 

“Ok what happens if I manage to get outside investors” she wasn’t ready to give up yet. “If I manage to get investments from outside I get to keep the project” she challenged her father. 

“Deal” before Richard say anything Jaeboem extended his hand. Richard glared at them but Natalie grabbed Jaeboem’s hand. “Deal.” 

She existed the office and walked straight to the elevator. She felt her knees going weak when she stepped inside and she held on to the horizontal bar. She didn’t know why Jaeboem helped her and she wasn’t even sure whether he actually helped her or not. But she had no time to worry about his intention, she had to come up with a solid plan to get investors on board. 

Jinyoung cleared a small space in Natalie’s wardrobe and placed his extra pyjama set. They both agreed he will keep some of his clothes in her room just in case if someone like Jackson visited again. They won’t be able to fool anyone as long as they had two separate rooms. Her room had the minimal furniture and decorations. It didn’t look like a room of a young woman, rather a hotel room occupied for a longer period. She didn’t have any photo frames of her or her family. Not even a picture of her graduation or any other occasion. Even he had couple of his personal belongings inside his trunk, a picture of himself in College, his first draft, his journal. But she had nothing. He knew she has a story, a story she is not willing to share with anyone. The writer inside him was very curious to know the story but the gentleman inside him knew he shouldn’t go poking around her life. Someday, if she is comfortable enough she will open up herself to him. He grabbed the dirty clothe basket and made his way down. 

Jinyoung  loaded the laundry into washing machine and switched it on. Then he collected the pile of dry clothes and carried it into the bed room. He started to iron one by one and get those hang up inside the cupboard. He did all this like he was on auto pilot. While doing all the chores his mind was wandering over the possibilities of creating a new story. He looked at the small note he attached on to his desk last night. “4 weeks". That’s how long he got to complete a short novel. He realized trying his hand with some writing competition would actually bring some luck to him. He registered in one competition organized by the Seoul University for aspiring writers. While hanging the ironed clothes it came to him. The plot, which is definitely not original but he can give it his own spin' he thought. He finished all the ironing and sat down on his table with the laptop. 

“So what’s our plan?” Zara asked while typing an email. Natalie kept pacing up and down in her office. She checked their project timeline once again. They had three months till the end of July to the launch of the project. The original timeline gave them one month to get investors and two months of preparations. However, the challenge is to find a solid investor before two weeks time. “We will make few changes to the presentation I presented to the board and in the meantime look into young people with new money. Rather than approaching to an old established businessman, it’s easy to talk to a young person with nothing to do with money” 

Natalie said while sitting down and dialling from her phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter