Chapter 04

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung was silent for couple of seconds before breaking into a hysterical laugh.

“You would make a good stand up comedian. You can joke with a straight face.”


He finally managed to say while catching his breath. He honestly thought she would ask him to do something illegal but he never expected her to say this.

“I’m not joking Mr. Park. I’m very serious” She said while handing over the tablet to him. He took a look at the gossip site.

“So why not deny it?” 
“I kinda lied to my father about dating. So it’s too late to back out" she decided to at least tell him partially truth.

“why?”

Natalie could see Jinyoung was actually curious as why she lied to her father, but that’s not something she could explain to a stranger. To be honest it is something she would like to avoid talking at all.

“The relationship between I and my father are little complicate and there are things which I cannot explain to your Mr. Park. But if I had a choice I wouldn't be doing this” Natalie said without breaking the eye contact.

“So my job would be to be your boyfriend?”
“Yes and No”
“What do you mean?”
“You will be my boyfriend in public but in my house, you will take care of my household work. So you will have a place to live and I will have a housemaid. Also if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, you can keep them but it will have to stay as a secret till this is over. Same goes for if you are sleeping around. Things should stay as secrets"

Natalie realized how bizarre this situation sounds more she explained it calmly.

“If you agree to my terms we sign this contract for three months then after three months we announce our beak up.”

Jinyoung contemplated for couple of seconds. He didn’t have a girlfriend and at the moment his main focus was on finding a stable job rather than . He didn’t have a job, money or a place to stay and now she is offering him all three together. All he have to do is agree to be her fake boyfriend. He couldn’t stop but to think how cliché it sounds. ‘Fake boyfriend and a contract’ sounds like he is stuck in a bad romance film.

Natalie saw Jinyoung’s lips twitch in a smirk. “I know this is so cliché”

"Like a low budget romance movie"

“That’s what I thought when I thought of this. This can’t be get more cliché than this”

They both shared a smile. Jinyoung knew it could go either way. It could be his ticket to success or his path to doom. It could be a like a contract with the devil though she didn’t look evil. ‘What the hell, I’m anyway at the bottom and I can’t fell farther than this’ he thought to himself.

“I have some conditions” he said, “I want you to help me find a publisher for my book" "A publisher?" "Yeah, don't worry I'm planning to write a new one and I'll make it good. But I need a connection to get a good deal" "Ok. I'll do what I can do once you finish the book" Natalie agreed. "Also make it six months" "Deal" 

“You can call me Natalie when we are in public”
 She sounded nonchalant about the situation even nothing could make it more boring than it is.

“Okay… can I call you Nat?” He smirked and . Natalie was taken back by his playfulness and shook her head.

“No… You will not” she stated firmly.

“Well, you can’t stop me Nat. I get to decide what name I’m going to call you”
Jinyoung was determined to enjoy this bizarre situation, at least he would be able to tease this tough lady so her ears would go as red as cherries.

“See you at home honey”
He held the door open half way and yelled at Natalie making sure everybody heard him. He flashed his innocent smile which makes wrinkles around his eyes. Natalie kept starring at the closed door and wondered what just happened. She could see the other side of the room through her blinds and she could say her team is definitely having a field day. The very first thought that crossed her mind was ‘Jaeboem is going to hear this and I’ll not hear an end.’


Zara opened the door to find her boss with her head between her hands. She was alarmed to find her boss, frozen Queen, in such a situation. She took a step closer “You know you can break up with him this instant” said slowly.

Natalie lifted her head and she had a huge grin on her face which turned into a violent laugh. Zara was deeply worried that her boss has finally gone mad with the stress. “Is everything alright?”

“Oh yeah… Everything is good. I mean I won… You should have seen his face when he realized he is going to lose. Serves him right” she kept blabbering and laughing till she got tears in her eyes. She wiped a tear with a tissue.

“What do you mean won?”

“We, Zara, won the summer project. Tell Bambam I’m going to make him the next G-Dragon”

“Oh my god… oh my god… are you serious? I’ll call him right now” Zara rushed to the door and opened it. She stopped on her heels when she saw the person who was standing in front the door.

“Oh… I’ll… I’ll go ...” she stuttered a little before disappearing. Jaeboem stepped into the office and from the look on his face she was sure he must have heard the conversation. He didn’t have his blue blazer which he was wearing earlier and both sleeves were folded up to elbow. His hair was messy and for a millisecond Natalie forgot how much she despised him. He sat on the couch. Natalie continued to watch him without getting up from her chair. He came to her office surely to spit some insults and she wasn’t ready to share greetings with him.

“Congratulations” he suddenly said without looking at Natalie. She was surprised to hear if coming from him but nevertheless decided to accept.
“Thank you”

“I know we are not exactly in the same page most of the time…”

“Most of the time??” Natalie interrupted him.

“Ok maybe all the time. But that’s not the point. I’m here to ask a favour” he paused for a moment as it is physically challenging for him to ask for a favour from her.

“I want you to take your suggestion out”

Natalie was dumbfounded and waited for Jaeboem to tell he is actually being annoying as usual. But the man looked serious and Natalie knew he meant what he said.

“What are you talking about? I can’t take out my suggestion, it is already approved by the board”


“Then give the project to me. Let me handle it” he stood up moved closer to the table. He sounded desperate and his eyes had a familiar look. She knew that look from a time when they were just kids in College. Desperate, cornered and ready to do anything to get what he wants.

“No… you can’t take this away from me”  Natalie said but her own voice ran thin betraying her.

“Lia please, just trust me for once”

“Don’t… Don’t you dare call me that” Natalie stood up from the chair.

“Trust you for once? For once?  Jaeboem I trusted you more than anyone else in the world. I tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter