Chapter 16

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Natalie kicked the blanket in frustration as she thought of the events from previous night.. She wanted to dig a hole and hide in there forever. She checked weather from her phone praying for a storm, so she could stay at home. But unfortunately Thor wasn’t on her side. She vowed never to touch a drop of alcohol again. She managed to get ready and in an impulse  she grabbed a black mask. 

Jinyoung had arranged the breakfast on the table when she went down. It was a simple breakfast with eggs, toast and sausages. However, there was something in the air she couldn’t pin. 

“Are you going out tonight as well?” Jinyoung asked her without looking up from his task of cleaning the fridge. 

Natalie was taken back by his question and the tone. “No, coming home. Why?” She asked. 

“Cz I don’t wanna waste food again like last night,” he took out a bowl from the fridge. 

“Did you cook last night?” she felt guilty instantly. 

“Hmmm…” he hummed.

“Jinyoung are you upset with me for something?,” she asked as she felt a change of his attitude. 

“Is there something I should be upset?” he looked at her.

Natalie shrugged as she was clueless. “Then No” he replied nonchalantly. She nodded her head and continued to finish her food. 

“Have you finished my book?” he asked as she was walking away from the table. 

“Not yet. Half way done. I’ll be done soon" she looked back and replied. ‘Is that why he looks upset?’ she thought. 

She parked her car at the usual spot and looked around. When she realized she was alone in the parking she wore the face mask and hurriedly walked to the elevator. She carefully got into the elevator and she felt like a thief. She had no idea why would she even go into such lengths to avoid running in to him. But she knew she doesn’t feel comfortable seeing him knowing what almost happened on the previous night. She peeked her head before getting out and ran to her office. She had made up her mind to stay inside the office for the rest of the day and when Zara came with the scheduled meeting with the shareholders, Natalie wished she never came to work at all. 

“Is it necessary to go?” She blinked her eyes like a cat. 

Zara frowned at her strange behavior, “Yes. You should be there"

“Would division B also come there?” Natalie tried to sound as normal as possible. 

“Minki would be there. Jaeboem has another meeting with a foreign investor” 

Natalie smiled at Zara’s reply, “ok, let’s go" she eagerly stood up. Zara was confused at her boss’s behavior and knew better than to question. Natalie walked confidently to the meeting room and she was almost in when she noticed him sitting inside while checking a file. She turned back so sudden bumping into Zara who was right behind her. 

“ouch, what happened?” Zara touched her head. Natalie had taken a cover behind a pillar and stood there without moving. 

“Nat, what are you doing?” Zara snapped without caring Natalie is her boss. 

“Shush! Don’t shout. Listen, go to the meeting. Tell them I had to go and check on Bambam” Natalie pushed Zara towards the meeting room. Zara was confused but she before had a chance to speak Natalie ran off leaving her alone. 

She entered the meeting room and sat on the chair allocated for Natalie, which was next to Jaeboem. 

He lifted his head up from the file, “Where’s Natalie?” he asked. 

“she had to go to Bambam on sudden notice,” she said and to her surprise, he looked disappointed. 

Natalie blamed herself for running away like a teenager but she kept driving to Bambam’s studio. She anyway had to check on Bambam and she justified her cowardly action. When she entered the studio, he was busy with preparing the final pieces. 

“Hey don’t you have work?” Bambam broke into a huge grin seeing Natalie but he was surprised to see her at this hour. 

“Well I had to check on you as well" she avoided his question. 

“So have you decided on a model yet?” Bambam asked while working on his designs. 

“Theme is about beauty of outside and inside both. So who should we pick?” Natalie asked in return. 

“A person that can give a message you are beautiful underneath all the scars and marks of your struggle” Bambam replied after thinking for a while. 

“That’s actually a very thoughtful concept Bam-ah,” she was impressed with his suggestion.

“Thank you. Btw Ma, how’s hyung doing?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter