Chapter 03

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung couldn’t believe his luck. Finally when he thought things will get better, he has been kicked into the gutter again. He kept watching the angry woman who is now pacing up and down in the living room while screaming to her phone loudly.

“Zara didn’t you check his background before opening my doors to him? what hell were you thinking recruiting someone like him?”

“I don’t ing care he was the only one agency had. Find me another maid and you have till morning”

Natalie threw her phone on to the couch and kept her hands on the hips. She looked like she was thinking deeply. Jinyoung looked at his soggy noodles in the bowl sadly. He was more worried about not being able to finish the dinner rather than getting kicked out from the house at night.

“How did we end up in this mess? Explain” she snapped at him.

“Err... I applied for a job and got it. It’s purely coincidental” he tried his best to explain the situation.

“coincidental my . Are you trying to blackmail me? Are you planning to sell this story to my dad? or did he put you up to this?” she looked at him like he is a plague needs to be avoided at every cost.

“What? No. Listen I don’t have any ulterior motive or hidden agenda. I’m just an honest guy trying to make a living” Jinyoung put his hands up as to show he has nothing to hide. He knew it’s more of a body language. As he was talking he realized he is actually nervous, as his habit of spitting words suits for an essay starts to flow from his mouth. It’s a habit he developed in School and whenever he does that his teachers would believe him. “I’m a writer or trying to be a writer. But it doesn’t pay my bills. That’s why I applied for this job. I didn’t even know who you are. We didn’t actually shared pleasantries when we met in the morning” he tried to reason with logic. However, his logic wasn’t getting any closer to her.

She stopped pacing up and down and sat on the couch. She motioned him to sit in front of her.

“Maybe, I overreacted. Maybe everything you tell is true” Jinyoung was happy internally thinking she has started to warm up to him.

“But… I can’t have a young man living with me. I have a reputation to maintain”

“But your PA must have told you I’m young” he tried to point out.

“She did say you are young, she just forgot to mention how you look”

“So is that why I’m not getting the job? Because I’m handsome than an average guy?”

“Seriously what’s wrong with you? I didn’t say you are handsome but I think you don’t look like a housemaid”

She knew that anyone would think him as a pet, than a housemaid to a rich woman. She didn’t want to take that risk.

“So you think every housemaid should have a stereotypical look? That’s pretty racist maam” he tried to attack her moral values.

“What? no no. Listen I will find another job for you. Come to me with a proper CV” she resort to the final solution. At least when she finds a decent job, the man would leave her alone.

“No, I can’t have another job. This is the ideal job for me. I don’t have any educational qualification to apply for something else” Jinyoung kept his eyes glued to her. He wasn’t technically lying' this is the ideal job for him' He didn’t have to worry about getting a place to stay or food and also he would have free time to work on his book.

She knew enough to realize that he is lying about his educational qualification but he didn’t look like a criminal who is hiding from the Police. However she was tired with having to battle with too much of testosterone everyday at office she didn’t want to struggle with another at home. Also she didn’t want to have her conscious yelling at her for kicking him out to streets at night.

“You can stay tonight. But tomorrow you have to leave” she delivered her final verdict and went up into her room. Everybody call her Elsa but definitely not for the cute reasons. She is known as the woman with an iceberg in place of a heart' She is known as a woman without feelings but only working on logic. Actually the truth was quite the opposite. She feels so much inside of her and she is scared if she didn’t keep a lid on her feelings she will eventually break down. She can’t let her estrogen control her emotions in a world full of testosterone. They would call you cold and ruthless but they won’t try to cross you nevertheless.

Jinyoung was glad he doesn’t have to sleep in the subway station at least for this one night. He was sure he would think of something tomorrow. He didn’t sacrifice much in his life to go on this journey just to give up when he is encountered with little obstacles on the way.  However, his appetite was long gone and he emptied the rest of soggy noodles into the garbage. Then he cleaned the kitchen and dusted the living room despite the fact that he is only employed for one night. He was recruited as a housemaid and he wanted to prove that he is good at the job.

Natalie could hear the slow noise coming from the vacuum cleaner and she wondered whether he misunderstood her. Because nobody in his right mind would work when he had been told that he is fired from the job. She stayed still on the bed and revisited their conversation. She realized how much of doubt and insecurity she is living on as she had a hard time believing a coincident. She wasn’t sure as why she insisted of firing him. He didn’t look like a harmful or deceiving person. Just he has a secret that he doesn’t wish to share with the world. Everybody has secrets of their own and Natalie of all people couldn’t judge someone for keeping a secret and wanting to start fresh. She couldn’t deny the fact that he is definitely eye candy and she feels little excited be with him. Probably she will reconsider the option of having a young handsome housemaid instead of an old woman.

Natalie had no idea at what time she fell asleep and when she woke up she felt as tired as she has never slept. She wanted to sleep more but she knew she can’t be late twice in a row. She kicked her blanket out and jumped out from the bed. It is a habit taught to her by her brother. He believed when you literally jumped out from the bed it gives a jump start to the day. She smiled at the thought of her brother. Though she didn’t show it much she missed him dearly every day. She sent a quick text to the little trouble maker of the family and she was the only one who keeps in touch with him.

She looked around the house and was surprised to find the house too quiet. The first thought that crossed her mind was that Jinyoung had eloped with valuables. But she couldn’t find anything missing and she could see her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter