Chapter 02

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung kept starring at the closed door while clutching his draft. This is the fifth time in a row that his draft was rejected by an agent. He never imagined it would be this difficult to pursue his dream. All the famous writers made it looks too easy to write. Some even went to the length as to say writing came naturally to them. Even Metatron had God whispering in his ear. Nothing came naturally to anyone. Jinyoung knew that now but not before making a whole fuss about leaving home to follow his dream.

 

Jinyoung was naturally good at telling stories. Since he was a kid he used to have a vivid imagination and people would go crazy with adorableness. His warm thoughtful voice made it easy for people to trust him and confide in him. Later, he used that skill to get girls but his ex girlfriend, who was only interested in his money told him to go and put his skills into a paper instead of trying to get es into his bed. Those were her exact words to him when she caught him bed with one her best friends. In his defence, they were on a break and she only wanted his money. Everything was good until he tried to put his stories into a paper and get an agent to publish it. He started to realize the world isn’t easy for those who aren’t privileged to be born with comfort. People would always categorize you according to your birth and wealth. Sometimes, even being educated can’t beat an uneducated brat from a rich family. For the first time in his life he started to see a whole different world.  

“Are you going to order sir?” he realized he has ended up coming to a nearby cafe.

“ahem… Gimme an americano” he picked the cheapest coffee from the display.

He sat in a corner checked his wallet to find what has left in it. It’s only been five months and he is already broke. He is left with so little of money and few clothes in his bag. He thought he would be able to make a break through his writing career within five months. He realized what sort of a fantasy he had lived before actually living in the real world. Without connections real world is not a place for a weak heart. But nearly 99% of the people go on with their lives without connections. This realization made Jinyoung feel strong though he is broke and is about to be kick out of his hostel for not paying rent. Today was the last straw he had and from tomorrow he had no place to stay, no money to buy food and his only valuable thing was now in it’s way to waste site. He wondered whether he would at least get some cash for the metal. It wasn’t like he doesn’t have friends he could go and ask for help. But he knew exactly what everyone would tell him. They would ridicule his dream and would tell him to go back to home. He didn’t want to listen to that when he is anyway in a slump.

However instead of wallowing in self pity Jinyoung decided to find a job. He scrolled down in the job vacancy page in his phone. He registered himself in an agency under manual labour. He knew he can’t use any of his educational qualifications since he didn’t have any of his certificates with him. Under manual labour category, there were few openings for housemaid, builders and delivery boys. He tried working as a construction worker earlier and it wearied him off. Also working as a delivery boy means he would have to have his own bike, which he doesn’t have any more. Housemaid was the only available vacancy and without thinking much he applied to be a housemaid. Only after sending he remembered he has no any professional skills or knowledge about household work. He was used to live on his own when he was in France but it isn’t the same thing as working as a housemaid. However, despite everything, he had to find a job as soon as possible or else he would have to sleep in metro station like a homeless.   

‘Black Rose will be launching their summer fashion line soon and this time we are excited to find out which designer they are going to collaborate with”

Jinyoung turned his head to the TV to catch a beautiful anchor presenting about a cosmetic and fashion company. He felt the name Black Rose being vaguely familiar and remembered seeing black rose cosmetics inside the BMW he hit in the morning. When he was coming to meet the agent he was certain that he would get the them to publish his book so he decided it won’t harm him even if he agreed to pay repair cost for the BMW. He started to worry about her calling him and asking for compensation. He is definitely not in a position to pay at all. Probably not for another five years time.

He collected his small suitcase which was placed in front of the hostel gate with a note attached to it. “You are no longer welcome here”

At least they didn’t keep my luggage’ a comfort thought passed through Jinyoung’s mind. He wondered what would his friends or girls he hooked up with from college would think if they saw him right now. To be honest, they won’t spare a glance even. He didn’t look like the Prince any more, as everybody used to call him. His unshaven face and unruly hair made him look like a scoundrel rather than an aspiring writer. He took the suitcase and wondered where he could go to spend the night. He obviously missed ‘living in street 101’ when he was young. He searched his memory for someone that he can ask help but not going to lecture him to go back home. Unfortunately, he could only think of one person and he knew that one is currently not in the country. Only if he was in here, he would have understood the struggle. After all he did the same thing as Jinyoung and the difference is he did it when he was 14 and now he is pretty success

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter