Chapter 21

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


She heard Jinyoung talking in phone as she came down  on the stairs. She realized it was Sarah on the other side and they sounded like making plans to meet up. It didn’t sit with her right. The restless night made her realize she didn’t want to lose him. She didn’t love him but she was greedy and wanted to hold on to him. She went back to her room to change her clothes with a plan in mind. 

Jinyoung was surprised to see Natalie dressed in a short beige color dress tight dress with stilettos. The dress hugged her body highlighting her curves and . It only covered up to her mid thigh showing her thick thighs. His eyes ran from top to bottom on her body savoring her beauty. She smirked seeing the reaction on him, knowing she got him flustered. 

“why?” she asked innocently.

“Are you going to wear that to the office?” he tried to sound unaffected.

“Yeah, I felt it’s time to bring this collection out again,” she said while sipping her coffee. 

“Okay,” he said while trying to avoid looking at her but failing nevertheless. 

“But isn’t it too… I don’t know… revealing?” he said side eyeing her.

“Is it?” she said while grabbing an apple, “Oh Jinyoung, company annual Spring dance is happening on Friday. Will you be free?” 

Jinyoung nodded his head as she walked out waving him goodbye.

 

 

The days kept getting longer  but Natalie always felt she needed more time. The work load was piling up as the launch was getting closer. On top of that the Black Rose annual Spring dance was around the corner. She had to give few members of her team for the preparations.

She wanted to focus on work but Jinyoung wasn’t leaving her mind and it didn’t help her at all. Zara found Natalie in her office pacing up and down while pulling her dress down in every few steps.

“Why did you even wear that Nat? Didn’t you say those kind of dresses make you uncomfortable?”

Natalie was asking the same question from her since the time she got into the office.

“Zara, how would you feel if Nick met a woman from his past?” Natalie posed the question to her. 

“What kind of woman?”

“Let’s just a woman he had a ual relationship with?”

“If they met once accidentally I wouldn’t feel anything,” Zara shrugged her shoulders. 

“But what if they are talking in phone and making plans to meet?” Natalie wanted a solution.

“What the hell, I would tell him directly to stop it,” Zara said while sitting down on the couch. 

“what if you can’t tell him directly?” Natalie mumbled slowly.

“Why can’t I? He is my fiancé and I should be able to talk to him openly” 

“oh… yeah. Hypothetically let’s say he isn’t your fiancé. He is your best friend. So how would you stop him from meeting her?” Natalie chose her words cautiously. 

“Ok so this hypothetical best friend met his hypothetical old flame and you want to know how to stop him from meeting her hypothetically,” Zara said with a smirk. She had a knowing look on face and poked her inner cheek with her tongue. 

“Yeah" Natalie nodded her head.

“Would this hypothetical old flame has red hair?” Zara said with a teasing grin on her face. 

Natalie's mouth fell in shock and she was dumbfounded as Zara laughed loudly. 

“I saw them on Friday when I went to get lunch,” Zara said again.

“Oh… forget it,” Natalie said avoiding Zara’s piercing gaze. She had thousand questions but she wasn’t going to ask them from her PA.

“Well if it’s any comfort, they didn’t look like a couple,” Zara said getting up from the couch.

“and the best way to stop him from rekindling an old flame is to tell him if you like him,” and with that Zara was quick to leave the office. 

 


Jinyoung waved at Sarah as she was approaching to the café. When she called him in the morning, all she said was she has something important she needed to tell him.

“Hey you" She placed a quick peck on Jinyoung’s cheek and sat next to him. They took time placing their orders before settling in their chairs.

“So?” Jinyoung smiled softly.

“So,” Sarah chuckled nervously as she leaned back in her chair. She rubbed her palms and shifted in her chair.

“My assignment concludes in next week and I’ll be going back to France,” she said choosing her words carefully. Jinyoung nodded his head as to encourage her to go on. 

“I know things at your home isn’t good for you and I also know you are struggling at the moment,” she paused as the waiter came with their orders. 

Jinyoung carefully placed the hot cappuccino and sandwich in front of Sarah and took a sip from his americano. He waited till Sarah pick up the conversation. 

“So, the friend who agreed to publish your book offered a contract for three years. They will act as your agent,” she said stopping to take a bite from sandwich. 

“I sense a ‘but' coming,” Jinyoung chuckled softly. He was grateful to her forwarding his manuscript to a French publisher who agreed to publish it. 

Sarah scrunched her nose while smiling and continued, “but they want you to settle down in France, because they can’t sign a contract unless you will be governed by French law” 

Jinyoung nodded his head realizing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter