Chapter 10

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N - i usually update on Fridays. But today is kinda special since the same story in Wattpad reached to #169 out of 7.13k stories. So to celebrate that I'm update chapter 10 for you guys. Thank you for being my strength. Love you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natalie stared at her phone for couple of seconds after she finished the call with Zara. Jinyoung was worried that he couldn’t read the expression on her face.

 “Is everything alright?” He asked. 

“It’s the dawn nyongie. The darkest hour is finally over.” She smiled widely which turned into a loud cry. She cried while laughing and Jinyoung hugged her tightly. They parted after a while and she took a deep breath. 

“So?” Jinyoung waited for her to tell him what changed. 

“Do you want to eat toektbokki nyongie?” 

“nyongie? Where did that come from?” he was perplexed with her nick name for him. She laughed loudly while walking to the street food cart. Jinyoung smiled and followed her. 

Natalie stepped in to the 9th floor and she couldn’t hide her smile. As soon as stepped inside division A roared in cheers and applauds. She smiled widely as she walked to her office.

“This is just the beginning, we will have to work harder.” She didn’t forget to say before hiding inside her office because she was afraid she might broke in tears.

Zara beamed with joy as handing over the file and coffee. Natalie reviewed the agreement carefully before putting her signature. 

“Congratulations” Zara said while closing the file. 

Natalie smiled, “But you know this means more work right?” she said. 

“Of course but it will be your own success" Zara felt proud about her boss. 

“No, it won’t be my own success Zee. It will be division A's success" Natalie corrected her. Zara nodded her head. 

“Should we go now?” she asked while checking her watch. “After you boss" Zara dramatically pointed to the door. 

“…Carrots, pasta, beef, cabbage, cooked kimchi, chicken, prawns, garlic, onions” Jinyoung checked items on his list as he put those on the counter. 

“Oh wait, I forgot one" he told the cashier as he ran looking for what he forgot. 

“There it is" he took one from the shelf and went back to the cashier. 

The woman waiting on the line eyed him as he kept his last item on the counter. Even the cashier tried to hide her smile when she billed it. 

“She is lucky” he heard the woman behind him says as he was leaving. He looked back and smiled. 

He unloaded all the items in kitchen top and carefully stored in the fridge. He wondered how was going with her now that she was back in the game. 

“Hey how’s everything?” he sent a text before starting to clean up the house. 

Natalie shook hands with Kang Seho, Managing Director of Sonic group while handing over a copy of the agreement. 

“Let’s make this summer a Black Sonic summer Ms. Wang" he said. 

“Please call me Natalie and also thank you for very much for joining with us Mr. Kang” after thinking for a second she asked “Do you mind me asking what made your mind to invest in this event?” 

“Let’s say it was you, also Seho is fine by me” he smiled before walking out from the meeting room. 

“It honestly felt like a miracle when you told me sonic agreed to invest on the event Zara" Natalie admitted as she was walking back to her office. 

“I know how you feel. Even I didn’t have hopes" Zara agreed with her.

“Tell the team to release articles and to include that Sonic will be funding the event” Zara noted down the instructions in her tablet. 

“Where are you going?” Zara asked when she realized Natalie didn’t take the turn towards the office. 

“I’m gonna rub it in his face" she winked at her PA before getting into the elevator. She got down from the 8th floor and she felt all the eyes were following her. She went directly into his office without bothering to check whether he was engaged with something. 

Jaeboem lifted his head to see who entered the office without knocking first and he was surprised to see Natalie standing in his office. She looked around his office before saying anything. The trophies he won at college were on display on a shelf along with some books. A picture of his mother was on the shelf and there was another photo frame on his table facing him. 

“So? What do I owe this pleasure?” He asked when Natalie didn’t speak. 

“Oh it’s not a pleasure. I came to rub the fact I got an investor on your face" she said nonchalantly while checking books on his shelf. 

Jaeboem scoffed at her response. “Good luck Natalie” he wished her. 

“Don’t waste words with things you don’t mean” she responded with a sassy reply. 

“Take it. You are gonna need it with an unknown designer” he smirked. 

“No thanx Jaeboem. It’s dawn for me" she said as walked out from his office.

Jaeboem looked at the picture on his table with a girl in the middle having her arms draping over the shoulders of the two guys beside her grinning widely from an ear to ear. When Natalie came to his office he was worried she would see the picture. 

Jb got distracted by Natalie as she shouted loudly his name and Mark used that instant to steal the ball from him to score a basket. “Oh, did I make you lose again" Natalie turned her lower lips out as pouting. “Hey no, you never make me lose" he ran to her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “Eww, gross. Get a room people" Mark hit Jb's back with the ball. “Hey, don’t you dare hurt my man Tuan" Natalie shouted at him. “OMG!!! Women are so fickle. It only took two semesters for you to go from Markie to Tuan" Mark complained while sitting next to her and ruffling her hair. She slapped his hand. When Jb first started hanging out with Natalie, he felt really jealous that Mark knew her better than anyone else and that Mark was always around her. But with time he realized what they shared was pure platonic kind of love. “I’m hungry" Natalie whined. “Ok, let’s go and have meat" “Yay!! Meat” she draped one arm over Mark’s shoulder and Jb's the other arm over Jb's shoulder. “Hey, I’m taking snaps for the 1st year memories album, shall I take a snap?” Kibum stood in front of them with his camera. “Sure” Natalie smiled widely at the camera.

Jaeboem dragged his finger over her smile. It has been over eight years since she last smiled like this. A happy, genuine and carefree smile. But he knew it was too late turn things back and also he knew he would have done the same thing he did back then again if he was given another chance. ‘Worrying about past is like carrying a dead body with you. It won’t come back to life and it will only weighs you down while making you smell rotten' he remembered his mom’s advice. 

Natalie chose a black ink pen and a off white hard cover spiral book. When she got home Jinyoung wasn’t anywhere to be found so she kept the gift bag on the coffee table and went to her room. After hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter