Chapter 17

Accidental Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jinyoung wandered aimlessly in the streets without having a destination in mind. When his legs were tired he sat in a near by café and ordered a cappuccino. He took his book out and tried to read it. But his mind was all over the place and he couldn't concentration on the book. He ended up re reading same thing over and over again. 

Earlier he never felt as he was alone because he was always his own person. But something was different today. He felt a heavy lump in his heart. He tried to reason with the pain he was feeling but he knew he was being unreasonable. Natalie wasn’t his girlfriend and she had every right to enjoy her time with anyone. But he had grown to think Natalie as his person and seeing her with her ex was an eye opener for him. She never was his to begin with and one night drunk kiss doesn't change that fact. He was used to being alone and the feeling of no one to call his own, but one month of domestic life had made his walls stumble down like it was made of cards. He thought he was immune to pain of loneliness but he realized his heart has grown soft with the time. Natalie has melted his guard like butter. He no longer felt as his own person. He wanted someone to hold him close. He wanted someone to hug him. He wanted to have someone to look at him, the same way Natalie looked at Jaeboem. The longing in eyes with a silent story. 

He saw them together, dancing and getting lost in their own worlds. He wished he never went to her office last night to check on her. If he didn’t go he wouldn’t know where to look for her. He kept calling her phone and he was about to pull her out from the dance floor when Mark went there with her phone. He couldn’t understand why he slipped out from the bar, to answer the call and pretended he was close by. He was confused as why he was feeling like cheated when he wasn’t even in a relationship with her. 


He couldn’t understand why he feels this way about Natalie. But deep inside he knew, she is special to him because she didn’t know his past nor she cared about it. She gave him a new life, new dream and above all she gave him a place in her heart. Though it wasn’t as a lover but even as a friend, he knew he should be thankful. But his heart wants more and his greedy little heart was asking for more. 

“Park Jinyoung?” 

Jinyoung’s thoughts were disturbed by a female voice. A fair woman with a slender figure and red hair stood in front of him and he knew she looked familiar. 

“Seriously? You don’t remember me" she scoffed with a slight disappointment on her face. 

“Sarah, what are you doing here?” He remembered, his ex-girlfriend’s best friend. 

“You haven’t changed a bit, you know,” she said while inviting herself to sit in his table. 

He smiled as he closed down his book. Sarah Delamare, that was her name but the painter, was what he called her. Out of all the women, if he had to pick one to remember, he would pick her. She wasn’t attracted to his money but to him as a person. She had no ulterior motives or hidden agendas like other women he knew. If she wanted something from him, she asked directly instead of beating around the bush. 

“So what are you doing here?” Jinyoung asked again.

“I’m working on a project with the Seoul Art Gallery. They are having an  exhibition of oil paintings from artists all around the world. I was invited to act as in-charge for until it's over,” she said while taking the coffee mug from the waitress. 

“That’s a wonderful news. I’m glad to see you are doing what you love,” and he meant it.

“Maria got married to a professional cyclist,” Sarah blurted out suddenly. 

“Oh!,” he didn’t know what to say. “She always wanted money so I guess she got it" he finally said.

“Yeah, she invited me to the wedding,”

“Really, it’s good your friendship didn’t break because of me,” he said with a smile. 

“Friends ?” she laughed and continued, “She did a lovely toast to me actually, so it went as this ‘Sarah Delamare, who is sitting in table 15 wearing a lovely red dress, the one friend who made me realize that I should not settle for a bastard like my Japanese ex by sleeping with him behind my back and convinced me that I should try to find a better man'” 

Jinyoung burst out laughing with Sarah joining his laugh. He laughed until it was hard to breath.

“That was some good four years ago. How can she still be this petty? She wanted money and I even gave her everything she asked for,” he said when he finally caught a breath. 

“You actually didn’t cheat on her Jinyoung,” Sarah said quietly. 

“What do you mean?”

“She was already dating Marcus at that time behind your back. I wanted to tell you that many times, but I thought it would be wrong by her. Then when she found out we slept together, she used that to break up with you,” her voice sounded worried and apologetic. 

Jinyoung smiled softly. “It doesn’t matter Sarah. I knew about Marcus but it doesn’t change the fact I cheated on her too. but my sin isn’t that. I was with her when I didn’t love her. That is my sin,”

“let bygones be bygones,” she said cheerfully. 

“By the way, if you aren’t busy wanna go to my place for a lunch? It’s close by,” she suggested. 

“Ok, I’m not busy,” he agreed instantly.


It only took five minutes to walk to Sarah's apartment. It wasn’t a luxurious apartment but a small comfortable place. He sat on the couch while Sarah getting a drink.

She placed a bottle of French Merlot on the coffee table with two glasses.

“I have something to show you,”

She returned with an oil painting and she pulled it open in  front of him. A wide grin appeared on Jinyoung’s face as he saw it. 


“Why did you bring it here?” He sounded amused. 

“I honestly didn’t think I would meet you here. I thought you are already in Japan. I didn’t feel like leaving it alone either,” she said while laying it on the couch and, “Also it was one of my bests”

“I think you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter