Getting along fine

[HIATUS] That Damn Tramp!

Pardon the mistakes. OTL

Author's PoV

 

Seo Hee stopped her tracks as Sunggyu looked back at her eyes with a sceptical look.

"If you're looking for L, then I th---"

"Kim...Sunggyu." She said his name again. Emphasising on his forename. "Umm..."

Seo Hee didn't know how to start the conversation. I mean who would?

"Yes?" He blinked at her.

"Is ...your mother here?"

Sunggyu was a bit taken aback on the question. Slightly tilting his head in confusion, he pointed towards the door of the house and nodded. "Yeah. She's inside, but why do you want to see my umma?"

"I...um.." Before she could even explain, the door opened revealing a woman. Seo Hee observed her with a smile on Seo Hee's face.

"Gyu-ah. Have you watered my peonies?" The woman's voice sounded so light and calming. This was her real mother talking. "Oh. And who's this young lady?" A smile arose on her face and looled at Seo Hee warmly.

"Oh, umma, She's Kim Seo Hee. Myungsoo's fiance." Sunggyu introduced her and Seo Hee bowed respectfully to the elder.

"...Seo Hee..." There was a crease in the woman's face as she heard the name. She furrowed her eyebrows and neared where Seo Hee was standing.

In a blur, Mrs Kim pulled Seo Hee into a hug and she lightly sobbed. All Seo Hee could do was hug the woman back.

Sunggyu stood still, in utter confusion. He blinked his eyes as he tried to inhale in the happenings.

"Umma...I don't think she's finding it com--" When Sunggyu was about tonfinish his sentence his mother interrupted his speech.

"Gyu-ah...It's your dongsaeng." With that said, Sunggyu's heart fell. Not because of Seo Hee's sudden appearance but because of his mother's actions.

"Umma." He said pitifully as he grabbed his mother back, pulling her away from the hug. "We said we'd forget about her. You said she wasn't going to come back." He whispered.

"No Kim Sunggyu. This is your real sister!" His mother whined, pointing at Seo Hee, who was struck by what Sunggyu had just said.

"Seo Hee?" He looked at her, looking for answers for the questions building up his head.

Sunggyu knew that he did have a sister but he had vague memories about her. His mother had gone through the hardest of times that she almost fell into being mentally damaged.

In the past, she'd cry everytime she sees a girl who is supposudely in his sister's age. There had been many times she claimed a random girl as her daughter ane because of this, she had to go through rehabilitation.

But this time, Sunggyu had wanted to trust his mother and see what she had to say.

The three of them went inside the Kim residence and they gathered around the living room.

"Seo Hee-sshi?" Sunggyu gave her a questioning look.

"Oh, yeah." Seo Hee snapped out of her trance and remembered what she had wanted to say originally to the woman.

"My umm-...Your sister. She'd told me about you." The woman was in the brink of tears. "And she wanted me to meet you." Seo Hee smiled at the woman who was now flowing with tears in her eyes.

The talk had dragged. Seo Hee wanted to catch up as much with her real mother. Sunggyu, on the other hand, felt somewhat off, but nonetheless happy.

"Are you going to be staying with us from now?" Her mother looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Yes. But not for long because of the marriage."

"Oh yes. The marriage. You have grown up well and I thank my sister and her husband for all of this. You have lead a good and comfotable life that I probably couldn't have provide you with."

"I'll be staying for a week with you before I have to go back with L-sshi."

All of a sudden a loud ring of the phone echoed in the whole house. Mrs Kim shuffled and hurried.

"That's my cue." She took another hold of Seo Hee's hand, squeezing it in reassurance. "As much as I am loving every moment of this, Umma needs to go to work."

"Ah...n-ne...u-umma." Seo Hee still felt uncomfortable calling her real mother. It's just that she'd been calling a different woman 'umma' for years now.

"I'll see you two dears." The mother shot both Seo Hee and Sunggyu a heart warming smile before exiting the house "Keep her company, Gyu-ah"

Silence fell in the room as the woman left. No words were exchanged, just shy looks at one another.

"...erm...ahem..." Sunggyu coughed, hoping the awkward atmosphere would be relieved.

"So..." Seo Hee started. "Can you help me with my luggage?" She smiled sheepishly when she had remembered that her old parents had kept some spare clothing for her before moving them all to L's house just especially for this event.

The two stood up to fetch her belongings and move them inside the house.

"Thanks." Once again, the silence revisited.

Sunggyu thought that after the trip they went to with all the guys, Seo Hee and him had started to get a long pretty fine, but now that he found out that she was his brother, things started to go downhill, again.

It was bad enough that he had once had unknown feelings for Seo Hee, but now he had actually managed to force his brain to think that it was just his biological sibling love pushing him along.

"So, does Myungsoo know?" Trying to uplift the mood, he made a small talk that he hoped wouldn't end as quick.

"Um, no. Not yet anyways." Seo Hee grinned. "But...don't you think it'd be more interesting if we..."

"Tricked him?" Sunggyu finished of her devious sentence. "Or better yet, all of them." A smirk had formed into Sunggyu's lips and Seo Hee nodded in agreement.

The siblings had found what they did best together; scheming against others for pure entertainment.

The two huddled together, starting to plan what they both had in mind, cracking together an absolute mastermind plan.

"You're not half as bad that I thought you'd be, Gyu-oppa." She play fully punched his arm.

Sunggyu smiled at his new profound endearment name. "Same goes with you, Seo Hee."

Both chuckled in enjoyment as they made up small scenarios of what the members' reaction would be like on thier ingenious plans.

"I would love to know more about you, but this is much more fun than talking, right?" Sunggyu laughed and so did she as a response.

"Who do you think will have hard feelings after this 'joke'?" Seo Hee asked.

"Probably Sungjong." He bursted out laughing. "That maknae always want to know everything that's going on."

"Omo! He does, doesn't he!"

"Oh, and Dongwoo, he might even cry."

"Aww~ How cute of him."

The two of them continued to talk and Sunggyu had started to spill secrets about everybody. And he felt like he was obliged to, seeing that Seo Hee was his real sister and was soon getting married to one of his bestfriends.

"Come on, I'll show you to your room." Sunggyu took hold of Seo Hee's belongings and started lugging them upstairs. "Every year, on your birthday, umma would go in that room and put something new, as a present. Until this year when...I told her to stop doing such things."

Seo Hee didn't know what to say as she just nodded.

"But I'm really happy that you're actually real and here. I've never seen her so happy in my life. She'd usually say I'm enough, but I know she misses you a lot."

Sunggyu opened the door of which was supposudely her room. The walls were baby blue and it had a twin sized bed in the middle of the room. Half of the walls were made out shelves and it was filled with books and knick knacks.

What caught Seo Hee's eyes were the pile of letters stacked neatly on a dressing table next to probably more than a dozen tiny dolls lined up to it.

"Oh, those are letters, supposudely for you. Umma wrote them for your birthday, every christmas and any day something good happened." Sunggyu explained as he squished one of the dolls head. "I don't think you need to read all of them though, there's like more than 50 letters here."

"..." Seo Hee didn't say anything. She just felt really warm and fuzzy in her insides. The thought of just having someone write for you, even though they knew that there was a very miniscule chance of them getting the letter, Seo Hee felt...welcomed, loved and cherised.

She took a moment, staring at each dolls and observing the stacks of letters. Seo Hee knew that she'd get on to reading them, but another thing had crossed her mind and that was the plan she and Sunggyu had been conducting.

Tommorow, the plan will be put into action.

...


[A/N: Wondering what Sunggyu and Seo Hee will do? Hohohoho! ]

tumblr_lzdtxeW3uG1r7naw6o1_250.jpg