Always protective

Stella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yongsun was 12 when her first period came, and her mother explained she had become a woman. 

Her mother talked about the role of women in society, about making babies and pleasing husbands, but forgot to mention their own rights and how painful being a female might be.

The girl didn’t feel free to ask her mother questions or to share with her how scared she was.

The only person who could comfort her in any situation of physical or emotional pain was just 11 but, Byul-yi always knew the right thing to do.

From that day on, for the next 11 years, Byul-yi would sleep beside Yongsun during her 4-day period, touching her belly.

The best friends just stopped that routine when the dark-haired girl met the guy she believed to be the love of her life and he showed he was jealous of their intimacy.

Yongsun had always been the type of person who liked to please others, and she chose to lose her favorite pain relief in the world to keep her boyfriend happy. He never thought of comforting her when she needed though.

For around 2 years, the girl had to endure the pain by herself because no medicine solved her problem and nobody gave her emotional support.

Back then, the love she thought she had found in that man didn’t erase her feelings of tenderness and longing for her best friend and her gentle touch.

Yongsun knew deep down that she had hurt Byul-yi at the moment she changed their dynamic. What the brunette didn’t know was that she would be as hurt as her best friend.

Things got even worse and empty when Byul-yi moved to London and their interaction got restricted to phone calls and texts.

But even then, her lifelong friend would still take better care of her than the guy.

Had Yongsun imagined the man of her dreams would turn out so indifferent and colder with each passing month, she would have done things differently. Or not, since he gave her the best present in life.

As soon as the dark-haired young woman found out she was expecting a little girl, the first thing that came to her mind was naming the baby after her best friend. However, her husband would never be okay with that. So, Yongsun came up with the next best thing. 

__ x  __

Byul-YI was in the middle of a meeting at the company when her phone started vibrating out of control.

She excused herself and answered the call immediately.

On the other side of the line, Stella murmured:

__ Mommystar, I’m worried. Mom said she was okay but there was blood in her legs.

__ OK, bunny. I’m coming. Just check if she is awake. In case she doesn’t reply, you call 911. But am almost sure she will be OK.

Stella’s voice trembled:

__ OK, Mommystar. See you soon.

The woman drove as fast as the law allowed and when she saw the little girl with a scared face; she hugged her with tenderness and asked Stella to trust her.

The light-brown-haired woman lay down next to her friend in bed, held her from behind, and slid her hand inside Yongsun’s clothes, placing it on her belly.

The brunette sighed, and murmured with affection:

__ Byul-yi, your hand is so warm. It’s so good...

__ Why didn’t you tell me?

The older woman spoke with a weak voice:

__ You’ve been working for both of us. I didn’t want to bother. Besides, it’s been some time since I felt this bad. And the blood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter