Let's play house

Stella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-yi had been staring at her pen for the last twenty minutes, despite having a vague impression that someone was talking to her.

Suddenly her desk trembled with the slap that Jung Wheein, the head of the financial department, gave near her hand.

__ What the hell, Byul-yi! I have so much to do and you waste my time like this...

Shaking her head to get alert, the blue-haired woman apologized:

__ Sorry, Wheein-ah. I have a lot of things in my mind and I can’t help it.

Softening her tone, the shorter girl sat and asked:

__ Is there any problem?

The older woman smiled and explained:

__ Not exactly. It’s just... Do you think that would affect the company if we moved?

__ I don’t think so. A sizeable portion of our business is done through the Internet or overseas. But what’s wrong with L. A?

__ What’s not wrong, Wheein-ah? Besides all the climate problems, it’s such a horrible place to raise a child. I’m worried. Here, Stell can’t go anywhere on foot and it’s hard to find spots where she can hang out with kids from all social and economic conditions. I don’t want her surrounded by rich snobbish children who don’t even respect her Korean origin.

Wheein smiled and exclaimed:

__ Damn! You’re such a mom, Byul-yi. No way Yong would resist the idea of marrying you for much longer.

With a grin, the blue-haired woman commented:

__ Wheein-ah, it’s serious. I haven’t mentioned this to Yong yet. I don’t know if my girls would like to move. And I don’t want to disturb your life or Hyejin’s either. But I keep thinking that my parents are getting old, that omma bought a house to stay closer from time to time even though appa can’t come. I also think about Stella going to the University and Yong and I would be so far, considering Harvard is in Boston...

__Wow! The child is just seven. Have you planned her wedding too?__ The girl with a cute and deep dimple boss.

Byul-yi slightly pouted but didn’t say anything back. So, her friend and employee clarified:

__ Byul-yi, don’t worry about Hyejin and I. Although I can’t answer for her, I’m pretty sure she won’t mind moving. None of us is especially attached to this city. All you have to do is have an honest talk with your wife to see what her opinion is.

__ Yeah, you’re right...__ The businesswoman nodded her head.

__ x __

Yongsun picked up Stella at school and went out with her daughter for a while.

They bought some things for the new pet, did the grocer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter