Where did this greasiness come from?

Stella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kim Yongsun had been living in the USA since she was 8 years old.

Her family moved to Boston after a business proposal and they never went back to Korea.

The little girl was very shy and didn’t know how to speak English. So, for the first two weeks, she just wandered around the neighborhood.

It was a freezing and snowy winter when Yongsun first saw Moon Byul-yi.

The other girl had straight black hair, and she walked around like a mafia boss, wearing pants, a buttoned shirt, and a tie.

Yongsun found the girl entertaining since she had 2 dogs on the leash and she talked to them as if they were people.

The first girl got tempted to make contact, but the mafia kid was speaking English. 

Suddenly, the girl smiled at her, showing her Indian dimples, and spoke Korean:

__ Hi, my father works with yours and my mom told me to ask you if you wanna be my friend. 

Yongsun smiled back, enchanted by the charisma of the cute, boyish girl.

__ You are Korean. I am so happy! I didn’t understand anyone... Yes, please be my friend. 

__ What’s your name?

__ Yongsun.

__ Cool! I’m Moon Byul-yi. I’m the moon and you’re the sun. Come to my house for a bit.

__ Hahahahaha Moon and Sun. I like it. Where is your house?

The girl pointed to the other side of the street and Yongsun thought it was okay to go since her own house was very near.

From that day on, nobody would see one of them without the other. 

Soon Yongsun found out that her parents would enroll her in the same school where Byul-yi was studying and she loved it.

It turned out the mafia kid was a year young, and they had to be in different classrooms, but Byul-yi would spend all her free time with the beautiful girl with chubby cheeks.

And thanks to that friendship, Yongsun not only became more sociable but also learned to speak English.

Their bond grew stronger through childhood to teen years and kept going during adulthood. Until they went to a colleague and Yongsun fell in love with a guy, who was deeply jealous of her relationship with Byul-yi.

Despite having a hard time, the younger girl wanted her best friend could be happy. So she left her life as soon as Yongsun got engaged.

Moon Byul-Yi had come out of the closet to Yongsun when she was 14 and to her family when she was 17. And at the age of 24, she moved to London for a while. 

She would only go back to the USA two years later when she found out through Yongsun’s sister that her long-time friend was very pregnant and the husband had abandoned her.

Byul-yi was there when baby Stella was born and never left again.

Obviously, they had their own houses but the younger woman fell in love with her best friend’s child and the little girl was crazy about her too.

__ x __

It was a hot Saturday morning in Los Angeles, and Stella asked to go to the club.

Yongsun was at the bar having juice with some of her friends while observing her daughter sitting near the pool.

__ Why does Stella look more expensive than some es in this place? Those glasses cost a fortune.__ Hyejin, Yongsun’s friend and head of the marketing department in Yongsun and Byul-yi’s company, spoke.

The gorgeous dark-haired woman rolled her eyes:

 __ She loves to dress like Byul. And that greasy hamster spoils my daughter so much...

Wheein, head of the financial department and also a friend, giggled:

__ Honestly, if Stella wasn’t a mini version of you physically, I would think she is Byul-yi’s daughter.

__ Isn’t she, though?__ Chorong lifted her eyebrow.

Yongsun glanced at her friend from the time she lived in New York:

__ What do you mean?

__ Isn’t Byul-yi your wife? You guys act like a 30-year-married couple.

The businesswoman laughed:

__ There is always someone making this comment. I...

At that moment, two other friends joined them, and the tall one, a famous former Victoria's Secret model, exclaimed:

__ Oh my God! Is that Byul-yi? I have so many questions. Can anybody give me attention and answer? 

__ You should have invested in the acting career, Sunmi. So dramatic. What is it?__ Hyejin cracked up.

The woman started fanning herself:

__ Is that Moon Byul-yi wearing a bikini? What is the Moon herself, the queen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter