Forgiveness

Stella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-yi was out of town and Yongsun was getting ready to take Stella to school.

The woman put Helena on the backseat, adjusted the seatbelt, and asked her older daughter to keep an eye on the sister while she went back to the kitchen to grab the phone and the bag with the baby’s stuff.

The brunette opened the door of the car and was about to get in when she heard a familiar voice that she hadn’t heard in a long time.

__ Yongsun-ah...

__ Mother?__ She was totally taken aback.

The older lady blushed:

__ I’m sorry to come without calling. I see now that I should have... asked permission.

Yongsun sat in the driver’s seat:

__ You don’t even know if I kept the same number. And how did you find us?

__ Well, you are a very famous couple in Massachusetts. The solidarity works with homeless people, animal shelters, single mothers’ houses... and also they treat you 2 as celebrities for being... married with children. So it’s pretty easy to find you.

The brunette asked with sarcasm:

__ You wanted to say “for being gay”, right?

Sighing deeply, the mother responded humbly:

__ Yes, I almost said it because the media mentions this, not as a negative comment. I didn’t come to fight, Yongsun-ah.

__ And You came for what? You never came when I needed you the most. You know what? Nevermind. I am busy being a mother. I have to take Stella to school.

The cute 9-year-old whispered:

__ Omma...

__ Yes, bunny?__ Yongsun turned to look at her.

The girl got closer to her mother’s ear from behind the woman’s sit and said:

__ I know she said mean things but... can’t you give her a chance to speak? Mommystar said we are as bad as people who do cruel things if we can’t control our hate.

The black-haired woman’s eyes were instantly full of tears after receiving one more lesson from her adorable child.

__ Yes, bunny. You and mommystar are right.

Sitting properly, Yongsun fastened her seatbelt and looked at her mother:

__ Okay, you may come with us if you want. Stella can’t be late for class.

Mrs. Kim couldn’t hold the tiny smile on her face when she entered the car and sat in the passenger’s seat.

__ Good morning, Stella. You are so beautiful! Even more than before.

__ Thank you, grandma. Have you seen my tiny and cute sister?

The old lady tried to be nice, but Yongsun was not buying it:

__ Ah, Helena, right? Yes, she is very pretty too.

The two women kept silent during the entire drive on the way to Stella’s school.

When the mother parked the car, the 9-year-old kissed her sister and waved to the old lady before leaving.

Yongsun got out of the vehicle, followed her daughter to the main door, and kissed her before the teacher welcomed Stella.

Getting ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter