Motherhood

Stella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Helena’s first birthday party was not the typical big one most parents love doing.

Both Yongsun and Byul-yi talked about it and agreed that the baby was too young to understand and fully enjoy. So, instead of wasting tons of money with that, they decided to open a donation account in which anybody who wanted to gift the child could make a deposit and the final amount would be given to children living in an orphanage.

The couple were the first to donate, and it was a considerable amount of dollars.

Despite not throwing a party, the family received lots of visits on Helena’s day and their friends even brought toys and cute things as presents apart from helping with donations.

Days later, Yongsun commented she got a call from an old client offering them a huge contract and Byul-yi told her to go take care of everything. She would stay home with Helena.

Although she was feeling guilty, as most mothers when going back to work, the older one listened to her wife and did as she suggested.

Byul-yi, who had plans to go back to work too soon, couldn’t resist the temptation to stay home spoiling the baby for a little while.

The brunette took the day to start teaching Helena to swim and Mrs. Moon arrived just in time to shoot a video of that cute moment.

The grandmother was holding a small camera and wiping some tears because seeing her firstborn holding her first biological grandchild always made her emotional.

__ Don’t cry, mom.__ Byul-yi spoke with tenderness.

__ I’m sorry. I promise I am happy. And proud of everything you built with Yongsun. It makes me so happy to know you formed such a perfect family. Stella is my little bean and Yongsun will always be my favorite in-law, even though she means so much more to me.

Byul-yi got out of the pool holding tiny Helena, who continued moving her cute and chubby legs and handed the baby to the drooling grandma for a bit.

The woman grabbed a towel and started drying the child’s hair, causing giggles and protests altogether.

The brunette had a distant look and her mother noticed.

__ What is it, Byul-yi? What is bothering my baby hamster?

That brought the woman back to the reality, and she smiled with a bittersweet expression:

__ Omma... You know how much I love you and how grateful I am for all your support in my relationship with Yong and for accepting me exactly as I am right?

__ Of course, child. But to be honest, I didn’t do anything special. You are an amazing daughter. I would have to be a cheap person to act any differently.

Byul picked little Helena back with tenderness and kissed the child.

__ Well... People are hard. I still feel guilty for being so blessed while Yong doesn’t have her mother around. She doesn’t say a thing but... I know this hurts her a lot.

The baby started kissing the mother back but ended up biting her chin.

Both adults laughed for a bit and then Mrs. Moon asked her daughter:

__ And are you planning on doing something about it?

__ Honestly, this never left my mind. I can’t leave things the way they are. Not without trying to make that woman open her eyes before it’s too late.

Mrs. Moon asked while slightly squeezing Helena’s chubby belly:

__ And have you mentioned it to your wife?

__ I never lie to Yong and neither of us keeps secrets. However, this is a very delicate situation. I don’t want to make her have hopes and then...be crushed once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter