The more the merrier

Stella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new year and Stella asked her mothers to have piano lessons and also she showed an interest in learning another language. So Byul-yi found her a Spanish private teacher.

The cutest and funniest thing was tiny Helena following her big sister around the house while repeating random words in Spanish.

Yongsun spent some time dedicating herself to the company, and she was nominated for an important business award.

Byul-yi had been bitten by motherhood at such a powerful level that now she would always choose to take the kids to a park or even to a doctor’s appointment instead of doing business.

The 33-year-old woman started planning her wife’s birthday party a month in advance and even asked all their friends to collaborate because it was not just one more date. Yongsun was about to turn 35.

Besides being dedicated to her wife and kids, Moonbyul kept visiting the institutions she had been helping for years along with Stella, and they always talked about what else they could do to help more people.

The oldest daughter noticed her mommystar was more sensitive than usual, especially around abandoned kids.

On one of their days together visiting the churches and shelters distributing clothes and food, the girl decided to ask her mother why she was so melancholic.

They had finished their route of help and sat on a bench in a public park after buying an ice cream.

__ Mommy, what’s going on?__ The nine-year-old questioned.

__ What do you mean, bunny?

The child was more direct:

__ Why are you sad?

The mother caressed her daughter’s hair:

__ But I’m not sad.

__ So why have you been so distracted and... I don’t know... different?

Sighing deeply, the brunette tried to organize her ideas.

__ I constantly think about our privileges and that upsets me. What we give or share is not enough. It’s never enough. And It’s frustrating not finding a better way.

__ Mommystar, it will never be enough because there are too many people in need and just a few trying to help. But... we can’t let this hurt us. We do all that we can. Let’s keep working for those we have the chance to help. Thanks to this, fewer people are feeling hungry in the world. Even a small number is positive.

Byul-yi faced her daughter with love and pride and held her hand.

__ I love you very much. You know, right?

__ I love you too, mommystar.

The adult confessed:

__ There is something else that I can’t take off my mind.

__ What is it?

Byul-yi sighed:

__ I haven’t talked about it with your mom yet. So...it’s just a dream. But I really want us to have a bigger family.

Clapping her hands, the girl asked:

__ Mommy, you are thinking about adopting, aren’t you?

__ How do you know?__ The adult giggled.

Stella exhaled:

__ Ah, I saw how soft you get every time you see the children at the orphanage... I wish we could help them all, too. At least find them a family.

Byul-Yi's eyes shone brightly:

__ Waaait! Maybe we CAN help them all.

__ How, mommystar?

The brunette explained with passion:

__ Let’s use our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter