30 - FINAL

The Two Blocks

 

I glanced around the filled auditorium, my boyfriend nowhere to be seen. He wasn’t in his seat, with family, or with any of the Block B boys… How could he be missing on his graduation day?!  Principal Hwang was walking up to the stage to begin the graduation speeches. I glanced around the auditorium one more time, my eyes catching a familiar group. I smiled as B.A.P waved over to me; they all had freshly dyed hair, the only blonde remaining was Young Jae. I sighed, seeing Zico’s seat still empty.

“That kid is lucky he’s at the end of the roster.” I rolled her eyes and turned my attention to the principal who was recognizing some of the different achievements the senior class had this year.

The Valedictorian gave her speech, quoting random things from Dream High and Cinderella’s Sister. The first row of seniors lined up at the stage, Jae Hyo part of them. He gave me a questioning look, but I just shrugged. None of us knew where that leader was.

As Jae Hyo received his diploma, my row stood and began to walk to the stage in step. I looked to the back of the seniors; Zico’s seat was still empty. Furrowing my eyebrows, I faced forward once again. Just a few steps remained between me and my diploma that certified my departure from high school.

“Choi Hyo Lyn.” The principal called my name. I stepped forward onto the stage and heard an eruption of cheers.

I could easily distinguish them as B.A.P in the stands and Block B scattered throughout the seniors. As I accepted her diploma and shook hands with the principal, I snapped my head back at a whistle.

“That’s my baby!” Zico stood on top of his seat, yelling. His cap was lopsided and the student next to him, Woo Sang Hee, was trying to pull him down.

I smiled, embarrassed and made my way down the ramp, back to my seat. The rest of the seniors were called up, Block B- minus the maknae- and Jae Hwa all received their diplomas. Zico went up second to last, although his walk was supposed to match with everyone, he still defied the school and continued with his ‘swag’ walk. I shook my head, but cheered for him as he collected his diploma and hopped off the stage. He winked at me as he passed my row.

Everyone stood, back in their rows. The student council president stood on stage, giving a last few words of advice and congratulations. The students then turned their tassels at the given time, some throwing their hats into the air. All quickly broke out of their rows to find their friends and families.

Jae Hwa, Jae Hyo, U-Kwon, and I quickly grouped together at our meeting spot. I rolled her eyes as I heard Zico yelling at people to move, I caught sight of him with the remaining members of Block B, even P.O.

Zico pushed past the other seniors and ran up to me, “we did it!”

I punched him in the chest, “you idiot!” I hit him again, “you’re lucky you made it, or else you wouldn’t have walked with us. Or because you’re so stupid they would’ve held you back!” I smacked him once more.

He grabbed my wrists, “woah, woah. Calm down. I made it, didn’t I?”

“Babo! You’re always late, how did you ev-“ I saw a bruise on his cheek, “Eh? What did you do you idiot?”

He dropped my wrists and tried to cover his bruise, “it was just a small fight.”

“Idiot, even today…”  Zico looked down, I could see his pout. “Ah, it’s troubling having a gangster for a boyfriend.”  I quickly kiss him on his bruised cheek. “Always making me worry.”

Zico threw his arms around me, “mianhae!”

“Share noona, would you?”

Zico and I broke apart to see Zelo and Jong Up glaring with the rest of B.A.P behind us. Jae hwa and Him Chan were already being mushy together.

I hugged the two maknaes and exchanged high fives with Young Jae and Dae Hyun. Yong Guk hugged me, but soon Zico pushed him away.

“Watch it…” He pointed between us and we both just ignored him.

“Purple? Ah, you’re always surprising me.” I looked at his new hairstyle.

He ran a hand through it, “not bad though, right?”

“Mmm,” I shook my head, “it’s good.”

He smiled, “thanks. Ah,” He clapped, “you know we’re going to the same college?”

“We are? Yes!”

“NO!” We turned to Zico who was yanking on his short black mohawk. “I’m not even going to her college, why are you?”

We all laughed at him, pouting was beginning to become his normal facial expression, it seems.

“Choi Hyo Lyn!”

I stopped laughing at looked to where my name was called. My parents stood, staring at me. Nothing congratulatory about their faces.

“Why are you with these boys?” My mother pulled me away.

“I didn’t think there was more of them.” My dad muttered.

I tried to pull away, “they’re my friends! Let go!”

My mom dug her nails into my arm, “we’re leaving.”

 “Why?! So you can ignore me again?”

“Eh? Don’t lie! I’ve never ignored you.” She rolled her eyes at me and continued to pull. “Don’t make a scene.”

“It’s you who’s making a scene; pulling me away from the ones who actually care about me.” I tugged my arm away from her. “Neither of you have been there for me since you split.” I looked between my two parents. “I’ve seen them more than I’ve seen you and I’ve only known them for five months!” I glared at them, “did you know they take care of me? That they’re the ones who help me when you screw up? Did you even know one of them is my boyfriend?”

They both just looked at each other.

“Now… Leave please. So that I can celebrate with my friends.” I turned away from them and went back to the boys and Jae Hwa. All of them had shocked faces.

“Oh, Lyn is that okay?” Tae Il asked looking back at my parents.

I nodded, “sometimes it’s your friends that you need, you can’t always count on your family.”

They all nodded and Him Chan snapped his fingers, “so now it’s party time?” Everyone cheered, “let’s go!”

Everyone started to make their way out of the auditorium. Zico’s parents were holding a party for us at the restaurant.

I laughed watching them all run out, Zico held his hand out to me. I took it, following him out.

“So, we should have you fill out an application for my college.” He bumped his shoulder into mine.

“I’m not switching schools, you’ll have to deal with that, fool.”

“But it’s so far away!” he whined, “and you’ll be with Yong Guk!”

I shook my head, “you seem to be forgetting the most important thing.”

“Eh? What’s that?” He stopped walking and faced me.

“That I love you.”

“Oh!” He cheered and picked me up. “I love you, too!” Zico began spinning while I was off the ground.

“Yah! Jiho, I’m going to be sick.” I held on tighter as I became dizzy.

He stopped spinning and laughed, “we’re continuing on our path, right?”

I nodded and kissed his cheek again, “of course.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well… that was lame… Aha SORRY~! Also, sorry for the lateness…. Last week was very very awful. There was a huge issue with which parent I would be living with, leading to a fight, leading to me going crying to my friend’s house… And then on the Thursday, my dog passed away… So it’s been hectic… But I’ve been on a drama spree and trying to stay happy with my friends!

Thanks for all your support throughout my story, I greatly appreciate it! I never expected to get so many readers, although many of you were silent >< If you were a silent reader, I beg you to leave one comment on your overall thoughts on my story! Please~!

My next story has been decided through your votes to be Yong Guk (sorry Kris voters!) I have the basic plans of the story, but I actually have more ideas for my future Kris one aha. I’ll work hard to start my story and I’ll probably post an note about it on here once I start it.

Thank you again, please leave me with your final thoughts, criticism, and anything else ^^

~ZIKAYO

June 14, 2012