18

The Two Blocks

 

Lyn sighed walking alongside Jae Hwa and B.A.P. Yong Guk was discussing the plan for their performance with Dae Hyun. Young Jae and Zelo were practicing tongue twisters and cracking up every time they messed up. Him Chan was walking with Jae Hwa, Lyn noticed their hands entwined. She looked behind to see Jong Up lagging behind, lost in thought. She stopped for a second waiting for him.

“What’s up, cutie?” she bumped into the younger boy’s shoulder.

He looked up alarmed, “you scared me, noona!”

Lyn laughed, “is everything alright?”

“Mhmm, just thinking.”

Lyn nodded, “well if there’s anything you feel like you can’t tell the boys, I’m here for you.” She smiled a slung an arm over his shoulder, even though he was a bit taller. He smiled at her graciously. “But, Yong Guk said you had been coming home late… Do you want to tell me why?”

Jong Up smiled again, “don’t worry, everything is okay, noona.”

“Arasso, just be careful, your hyung has been worried.” She ruffled his hair a bit.

“But noona, do you like hyung?”

Lyn’s smile faltered, “um, as friends, yes.”

“What about as more?” Jong Up pressed.

“Aish, you little punk…” She took her arm off his shoulders, “I don’t know, okay?”

Jong Up nodded, “what about Zico?” He raised his eyebrows.

She punched him slightly hard in the arm, “what kind of question is that?”

“A very simple question! No need to hit me…” He frowned, rubbing his arm.

“Mian… I’m just confused… But don’t tell your hyung! Arasso?”

Jong Up agreed and they had already made their way to the entrance of the club. Lyn was worried about why Zico wanted her to come… More torments maybe?

Yong Guk joined back with Lyn, leading her into the club. The place was packed as usual, amateurs were on the stage again, trying to make a name for themselves. Lyn gave an approving nod, this night’s newbies weren’t as bad as the last.

Lyn looked towards the bar and saw Block B. Zico was there leaning against the wall and talking to some red headed girl. Lyn sent a glare to the girl, but then quickly looked elsewhere and let out a sigh.

Of course, she thought, I was just another toy to play with.

She rubbed her chest, feeling discomfort but thought nothing of it, probably just acid reflux from the food she ate earlier.

She glanced back at Zico, the girl had moved closer to him, practically on him. He smirked at something she said and looked up, noticing Lyn. Again, she turned away, coming face to face with Yong Guk.

“You okay?” He asked, looking back towards Zico.

“Of course.” She put on a smile and clapped as the amateurs left the stage. The MC ran up, Lyn realizing she still had no idea of his name, and told the rules of the battles and that there would be a special performance that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night had so far been uneventful for Lyn, nothing had happened other than Zelo getting called up for a battle, the maknae had gone up and quickly put his challenger to shame. Zico was still with the girl and Lyn stuck with Jae and B.A.P. The battles had ended with a creepy boy named Chanyeol battling JR.

The MC hopped on stage, “alright, now for the promised special performance! Let’s give it up for our boy, the Z-I-C-O!” He hollered into the microphone.

Lyn’s eyes widened a bit and turned to see Zico high-fiving the girl he was talking to and walk up to the stage. He bro-hugged the MC and accepted the mic from him. Zico brushed the top of his head, running his hands over the short, black fuzz of his remaining hair.

“So, I don’t exactly know how to say this, but I look different, right?” The audience agreed, “well, you guys are also about to hear a different side of me. I hope you’ll enjoy.” He smiled awkwardly and nodded for the DJ to start the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUUpqguK0f8&feature=player_embedded

Lyn moved forward into the crowd a bit, surprised to hear a piano on the track. Zico started rapping, the crowd didn’t yell like usual, everyone listening to his words.

I don’t pale in comparison to anyone
I don’t get drawn in by just any woman either
My judgment has always been right since I was young, never wrong
But where did that cold, passionless person go?

He walked around the stage while rapping, glancing at Lyn every so often.

I’ve lost my ground and I’m going out of bounds
My heart feels so out of it
With what gaze do I have to see myself?
As someone that’s timid, it was easy for me to control my emotions
But now it’s so easy for me to bare my emotions
This can be considered a new challenge for me
The dreariness of society has been stolen away

Zico stopped walking, standing close to the edge of the stage.

I don’t even have insomnia, I can sleep now
Ever since I met you, darkness has passed
I think I’ve got rose-colored glasses on

He smiled, pointing at Lyn, her eyes completely widening and a blush crept to her cheeks. A few people looked back at her, but most continued to stare up at the boy.

The world was flying away
I hated it every day anyway
But ever since I’ve met you
I’ve got rose-colored glasses on
and everything looks great
I was always negative towards everything
and always just wanted an escape
But ever since I’ve met you
I’ve got rose-colored glasses on
and everything looks great

Lyn backed up a bit, bumping into Yong Guk who wore a displeased face. She felt the chest pain again and made her way to the exit. As she pushed past people, she heard Zico drop the mic and call her name, she quickened her pace and ran out.

She jogged down the dusty road, letting out a scream as she came to a stop. “Why me? What the hell is so great about me?” Lyn kicked a rock and leaned against a wall.

“Lyn…”

She looked up, groaning, as she faced Zico.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So… I kinda feel like this chapter is weird o.0 aha what about you?? But dawwww Zico XD wahahaha *prepares for bricks from Team Yong Guk* any of you curious about Jong Up??

Omo~ Did you guys see B.A.P’s stage today? Those freakin pants and their thighs… UNF!!!! Kekeke but ASDFGHJKL BLOCK B’S TEASER, I FRICKIN CRIED!!

Welp… comment and subscribe<3

4.27.12