24

The Two Blocks

 

Lyn stared forward, eyes unmoving as she passed by the alley she found Jong Up. She was glad it wasn’t dark yet, but she still quickened her pace. She hated that place. Reaching B.A.P’s house, Lyn let out a relieved sigh. She knocked on the graffiti covered door, hearing the familiar shouts inside. The door swung open revealing the curly haired maknae.

“Noona!”

“Jello!”

Zelo grabbed Lyn’s wrist, pulling her into the house. Daehyun was at the kitchen table doing what looked like homework. Young Jae and Him Chan were playing video games in front of the TV. Lyn couldn’t see Yong Guk or Jong Up around.

“Lyn! Come play with us!” Him Chan shouted over his shoulder, but keeping his eyes on the screen.

Lyn hopped on the couch next to them, Zelo flopping down with her. She ruffled his ramyun hair, “where are your hyungs?”

“They’re at CPS, Yong Guk is applying to be Jong Up’s guardian.”

“Yong Guk’s gonna be a daddy!” Him Chan laughed.

*Lyn POV*

I smiled, a daddy?  He was already like that, he did so much for them, their friend, big brother, and father figure. I leaned back against the couch, watching Him Chan and Young Jae’s fighting game. Zelo put his head on my shoulder, he had to move most of his long body on the ground to fit.

“You should be his mama!” He laughed.

I choked on my saliva, my face turning red. “I’ll stick with being his noona, huh, Jello?”

“She doesn’t want to marry Yong Guk hyung!” Dae Hyun yelled from the kitchen.

My heart sunk a bit and I played with my hair, twisting the ends about my finger. Yong Guk still liked me, but I didn’t know my feelings for him, although… I don’t think they were equal to his… I scrunched my lips, how the heck did I end up in this situation? I put my head against Zelo’s, closing my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hyung, shh, Lyn’s sleeping.” I heard Young Jae’s voice distantly.

“She’s here?” This time it was Yong Guk’s deep voice, that rung through my ears. I heard his steps approach, along with Jong Up’s, I guess.

I rose my head up, seeing that I had now been laying on Him Chan’s lap. Zelo was at the table with Dae Hyun, asking questions.

I rubbed my eyes and squinted up at Him Chan; still feeling tired, I layed my head back down on his lap.

He brushed my bangs out of my face, “time to wake up.”

I nodded, sitting up. Yong Guk stepped in front of mem fixing my hair where it messed up in my sleep.

“What’s up?”  he questioned in his husky voice.

“Just want to check up on Jong Up.” I stood up, brushing some wrinkles out of my shirt. I slightly skipped over to the second maknae.

Poking his cheek lightly, I stopped beside him. He still had bruises like I did, “how are ya, cutie?”

He smiled, “Better. What about you, noona?”

“I’m good.”

He glanced at his notebook in his hands, “noona, I have to do my geometry homework. I’ll talk to you later.”

I nodded, “of course. School comes first.” I was surprised that they all actually do their homework once they get home.

Before Jong Up could leave, I was taken into the hall. I looked up at Yong Guk as he pulled me into his room. He closed the door and looked over at me.

“Are you okay?” He took a step forward, biting his lip.

“Don’t worry, I’m just a bit sore.” I laughed, “and ugly.”

Yong Guk cracked a smile, “you won’t ever be ugly.”

I looked away, “Yong Guk, I-“

“Thank you.” I turned back, Yong Guk was on his knees, “if you hadn’t found Jong Up, he would have been taken from us. And if Zico hadn’t come, then both of you…”

I kneeled in front of him, “Yah, stop it fool.”

He looked up, he was crying I furrowed my eyebrows at the sight of his tears trailing down his cheeks. I wiped them away and lightly slapped his cheek.

“Stop…” I whined, trying to keep my own tears from spilling. “It’s over now.”

He sniffed, “I should’ve known, I should’ve protected him.”

My heart tightened, “it’s not your fault.”  His lips quivered, more tears ran down his face.

“I don’t deserve to be the leader or even a friend. I couldn’t take care of him!” He punched the floor, scraping the skin over his knuckles. “How can I be in charge, if I don’t even know the most serious thing happening?”

“Yong Guk, stop, please. None of this is your fault! No one knew it was happening, Jong Up was too scared and worried for you guys to speak up.” I cupped his face, making him look at me. “He was embarrassed and hurt, he was threatened. It’s not your fault and it’s not his. It’s not something easy to talk about or something easy to find out.” He bit down on his lip, “Don’t blame yourself… Just help him through it.”

His eyes softened and he nodded. “I just wish I had been there for him… And you… But instead, it was Zico.”

I sighed, “Yong-“

Yong Guk pressed his lips to mine, his hand holding onto mine. I froze, almost melting as he pulled away.

“He’s better for you.” He let go of my hand.

“H-huh?” I stuttered, confused.

Yong Guk wiped some remaining tears off his face, “he can protect you.”

“Just because he was there, doesn’t mea-“

He placed his hand over my mouth, “but you have feelings for him. You’re falling for him. That’s why you’re always saying sorry or giving me sorry looks.” He removed his hand, “even if you didn’t know what your feelings were, you knew they weren’t for me.”

I looked down, fumbling with my hands. Was that it? I instinctively knew that my feelings for Yong Guk weren’t romantic? But my feelings for Zico were hidden?

“I’m sor-“

“There you go again.” Yong Guk let out his deep laugh, showing his gummy smile. “I’ll always be here for you though.”

I nodded and almost tried to apologize again.

“You’re family here… I’ll be your best friend, big brother, whatever you need.” He ruffled my hair, “but I’ll accept that you don’t have the same feelings as I do.”

I leaned forward, wrapping my arms around him. “Thank you…” I mumbled into his shirt and he responded to the hug; embracing me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SORRY TEAM YONG GUK!!!!!! And sorry for the delay, I was out all week ><

BUT OMG BLOCK B~! Freakin bawled again…. And then Infinite’s song… bawled some more… but I got a perfect score on my senior exit project~! It decides whether I graduate or not and I’m so happy! I was the only one in my class :O but fuuuu I came home and my house had ‘cu**’ spray painted in jumbo letters on my garage… mother eff…. Up and down day today…

Anyways~ comment and subscribe ^^ I HAVE MY SHIELD FOR BRICKS, TEAM YONG GUK!!!!!!!!!!