22

The Two Blocks

 

Lyn’s eyes widened, the man she had knocked out earlier had gone down again. Her breath quickened as she saw Zico running towards her, tackling the man dragging her. Zico pounded his fists into the man’s face; Lyn hurried to her feet, kicking the last helper in the groin while Jong Up struggled against his father.

As Zico finished off the man he was punching, he brought down Lyn’s victim’s face straight into his knee. He moved over to Jong Up’s father, punching him in the face; allowing Jong Up to run out of his grasp, but he quickly spun and kicked his father on the side of his head. The man he called ‘dad’ fell to the floor, unconscious.

Lyn was about to send another kick to the man’s groin when Zico pulled her back. “Enough,” he patted her head, “I’ll call Jae Hyo’s brother, he’s a cop.” He moved his arm down to hold onto her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jae Hyo’s brother had arrived soon, he questioned the three of them, but of course he spent most of his time with Jong Up. He allowed Jong Up to continue living with B.A.P and said that his father would be moved to a jail two hours south to await trial.

Both Lyn and Jong Up were checked by an EMT who strongly urged Jong Up to be tested for STDs within the week. Other than that, they were fine asides from the extreme bruising.

“You sure are a soldier, boy.” Zico said, helping the younger boy walk back to B.A.P’s home. He was still holding onto Lyn’s hand.

Jong Up coughed a bit, but managed to get out the words, “thanks, hyung.”

Zico nodded, “if anything ever happens, no matter what it is, tell someone, okay? Even me.”

Lyn smiled at Zico’s words, she was surprised that he would offer help to his rivals. She gave his hand a slight squeeze.

They made it to B.A.P’s house, Zico banged on the door and turned to Jong Up. “Don’t be scared, just tell them.”

Jong Up nodded, almost crying again. Before he could say anything the door was thrown open  by Yong Guk. His eyes instantly widening.

“Jong Up! Lyn!” He glared at Zico, “what the hell did you do?!”

Lyn stepped forward, “he saved us.” Yong Guk glanced down at their hands, “now let Jong Up get some rest. He has some things to tell you later.” Lyn let go of Zico’s hand and gave Jong Up a quick hug. “You’ll be alright,” she smiled, “it’s over now.”

Yong Guk cleared his throat, “I don’t know what happened, but I guess I should say thanks.” He outstretched his hand.

Zico looked at it, “no problem,” he said shaking it, “just watch your kids better.” He broke the handshake and ruffled Jong Up’s hair, “take it easy.”

“You okay?” Yong Guk asked as Jong Up walked into the house.

She nodded, “I’m fine.”

“Yea, ‘cuz a bruised up face means you’re good.”

“Then why ask?” Lyn laughed, but winced, holding her stomach. “Gonna be sore for a while, I presume.”

“Let’s get you home.” Zico grabbed her hand once again.

Lyn shot Yong Guk an apologetic look, “see you later.”

He nodded, “be careful.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You’re brave, Lyn.”

Lyn and Zico were laying on the bleachers at the park down the street from Lyn’s dad’s apartment. Lyn was too worried to go home, so Zico bought her an ice pack and had her rest here. It had been silent for the most part, a few words about the stars they could see.

“But not brave enough to face my dad.” She sighed, moving the ice pack from her cheek to her chest, “thank you, for saving us. I realized I hadn’t said it yet.”

“It’s fine, plus I told you before to come to me. I’m glad you shouted my name.” He propped himself up on his elbow, “you know why I didn’t kill that guy?”

Lyn counted a couple of the airplanes and satellites she could spot flashing in the sky. “Why?”

“Because if I did, I wouldn’t be able to see your face again or at least not without an inch of glass in front of you.”

Lyn’s heart beat loudly, banging against her bruised ribs, “Zico…”

“It’s Jiho, remember?” He cut her off, “come on, your dad will be worried… Not like that’ll help with your beautiful face all bruised.” He stood, placing his hand out for her.

She accepted, getting up with his help. “He might not even notice.”  Lyn sighed and they walked down the bleachers.

“Of course he will, he’s your dad.” They began their way to Lyn’s dad’s house.

“Jiho, you just witnessed firsthand, a father who doesn’t give a crap about his child.” Lyn sighed, “my dad isn’t like that at all though, so I shouldn’t be complaining, knowing that.”

He nodded, “Jong Up will be okay, he’s got B.A.P and you have all of us. Even if that makes me jealous… You know that if you ever need anything both Yong Guk and I will be there. Your parents aren’t always going to be the ones you need, it might just be your friends.”

“Thanks…” Lyn pulled him to the side, “this is the place.”

Zico looked up at the apartment, “not bad.” He looked back to Lyn, “are you gonna tell him the truth?”

“If he asks, I will. Only about Jong Up though, not my reason for leaving the two lovebirds.”

“You can stay at my place if you feel uncomfortable. Tae Woon likes you a lot, I’m sure my parents will too.” He grinned.

Lyn let out a small laugh, “I’m not sure if I’d be any more comfortable there instead of here.”

“Aww,” Zico pouted, “I guess I’ll just have to be happy with you talking to me again for now.”

Lyn looked down, she had forgotten that she was angry with him, but that had passed now. Zico lightly pushed up Lyn’s chin so that she would look at him again.

“Get some sleep now and take some pain medicine.” He rubbed his thumb over a bruise on her cheek, “you are the strongest girl I know and you definitely don’t deserve this…” He sighed, “I’ll call you tomorrow.”

Lyn’s eyes widened as she saw Zico lean in, his lips centimeters from her own. She turned her head to the side, his lips brushing against her cheek. He pulled back with a chuckle.

“I’ll see you later.” He faced her to the steps of the apartment and watched her go inside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOOOOOOW~ That was the most comments I’ve gotten~! Ahaha well, it was a crazy chapter~ I swear all you Yong Guk rooters must be hating me right now… *prepares for bricks*

AND OMG! Did you guys watch Block B’s Close My Eyes… I cried >< I love them so much~!!

Anyways, please continue with your wonderful comments<3 and please subscribe ^^