29

The Two Blocks

 

Zico was pulling me down the street, laughing as he swerved through people. I was holding my dress up, trying not to step on it and fall. My heels were making it difficult to run in, but thankfully they were strapped on, at least I wouldn’t have to run barefoot. The only problem was the cold, even though it was springtime; Seoul was still chilly after sunset.

The idiot boy stopped, causing me to run into his back. “Yah, you moron!” I smacked his arm and looked around him. We were in front of the cable car line for Namsan Tower. “Oh… Here again?” I thought back to our date, we came here after eating sushi.

“Mhmm.” He nodded once, his whole head jerking and grinned. “Looks like there’s not many people around tonight.” Zico looked at the few couples around. “Let’s go!” He pulled me onto the cable car, following a foreign couple. We leaned against the railing and looked out the glass.

“You like it here?” I asked, my breath fogging up the glass a bit.

He smiled, “it’s pretty. Plus, it would be kinda cool to get stuck in here like Boys Before Flowers.” Zico laughed.

“As long as I’m not stuck in here with you.”

He pouted and turned away, mumbling something. I smirked and leaned my back to the glass, Zico’s back facing me. I could still hear his mumblings. “What’s that?” I poked the back of his neck.

He turned with a frown, “you still like me, right?”

I laughed and placed my hand on his cheek, “yes, Jiho.” I pulled back my hand and gave his cheek a light smack. “You fool.”

“You’re so mean, Lyn.”

“Says the gang leader who was a total to me just a couple months ago.”  I rolled my eyes and saw that we reached the top.

“That was the past, sheesh.” He threw his hands up and the door was opened for us. I walked out, leaving him in the cable car.

Couples were walking around, showing their affection… A bit too much in my opinion.  I looked away from a couple making out and saw Zico making his way towards me with two cups.

“Hot chocolate?” He held a cup out to me, smiling.

I took it, returning the smile. “Thanks, so why are we here?” I looked up at him; he took my free hand in his and led me away from the area.

I took a sip of my hot chocolate, trying not to spill it as I walked. I recognized that Zico was going towards where our lock… Or handcuffs, I wonder how many other people how done that before. I didn’t exactly see handcuffs everywhere.

Zico walked up to the fence where our handcuffs were locked. I blushed thinking of the stupid thing I wrote on it. We looked over the fence, looking down on Seoul. It was shining brightly in the dark with the different fluorescent lights from the buildings.

Both of us drank in silence as we admired the view, drinking our hot chocolate. I glanced at the boy next to me a few times out of the corner of my eye. His hair had grown a bit longer and his faced seemed a bit rounder; but he was still the same Zico. Well, with a better personality from the first days I knew him.

“It’s not polite to stare, but I think I’ll let you off the hook.” He turned his head to look at me and I quickly directed my eyes back to the view of the city. He moved behind me, giving me a back hug like he did on our first date.

“Should we read what we wrote now?” He asked, resting his head on my shoulder.

I shook my head, nearly knocking into his, “no, mine is lame…”

“Well then it’s perfect for you, isn’t it?”

I jabbed my elbow into his stomach lightly, “jerk.”

“I was just kidding, jeeze.” Zico laughed and rubbed where I hit him.

He continued to rest his head on my shoulder, slightly digging into my pressure point with his chin. I laughed, but I was also in pain. I tried to wriggle out of his hug, but he wouldn’t let go. I yelped as he pushed his chin harder.

“Stop!” I whined, “People are probably thinking you’re harassing me or that I’m about to get .” I tried to push him away.

“They’re probably thinking how adorable I am and how crazy you must be to push me away.” Zico kissed my cheek, leaving a wet spot.

“Ewie!” I tried to rub his spit off my face, but he continued to hold my arms in place. “I don’t want your nasty slobber on my face!”

He tried to kiss me again; I stretched my neck away and struggled out of his grasp. I broke free and ran away, I jumped down a few steps to another section. People gave me weird looks, but I kept running because I could hear Zico behind me. I squeezed between people and turned down to another stairwell. I hopped down two at a time to find myself in a dead end. I turned around, Zico stood at the top of the stairs, glaring.

I let out a nervous laugh and scratched the back of my neck. I took a glance at the sky, “so… The weather is nice.”

Zico sauntered down the steps, his hands in his pockets. He gave me a dark stare as he looked under his lashes at me. “Choi Hyo Lyn.”

“Yah. Don’t call my full name, Woo Jiho.” I pouted this time and looked at a couple of the locks around me, turning my back on Block B’s leader.

I noticed one that had become unlocked; I quickly grasped the small red lock. It had messy had writing on it, probably from a middle school couple. I placed hook back into its slot, hearing the small clack it made. I tugged on it to make sure it was secure and heard Zico laughing behind me.

“You’re so weird.” He spun me around and placed a small kiss on my lips.

I looked at, blinking slowly. “You really need to stop with that, boy.”

He grabbed my hand, “I don’t think so. Now let’s go see what we wrote on our handcuffs.” Zico lead me back to the place I escaped from. People still gave us weird looks, some gave us cute looks. Freaks. Continue with your own lovers!

We once again stopped in front of the pair of handcuffs that we had locked just a while ago. Zico picked up one of them and looked it over.

“Oh, this one is yours. I’ll read it, arasso?”

“No!” I tried to pull him away but he easily pushed me back.

He began reading it out loud, I covered my ears. “Do you really like me with your whole heart? I want you to show me your emotions~ I think I like you… I’ll follow this path you’re creating for us.” I still could hear him read my message with my ears blocked.

I pouted, I had no idea what to write… I looked down, my hands moving to cover my face. I felt his arms wrap around me and he squeezed me tightly.

“So cute. So… Have you seen my emotions now? Can you tell I love you.” He whispered and continued to squeeze me.

“I guess…” I replied meekly, burying my face in his shoulder.

“I’m glad you stayed on our path.” He pushed me away and looked down at me, “time to read mine?”

I took the other cuff and read out Zico’s words, “I had no way of stopping cupid’s arrow from hitting me. You’re the disease I can’t find a cure for. Lyn, I really like you. Don’t give up on me and please don’t leave me.” I let go, placing it back against the fence and looked back to Zico.

Now it was his chance to be shy. His hands were back in his pockets and he was rocking back and forth on his heels. He looked past me, at the view. I moved into his sight and hugged him.

“You don’t have to worry. Well, if you become a jerk or annoy me too much you might.” I laughed and pulled away.

He grabbed my hand, “so then…” He looked at me seriously. “Will you be my girlfriend?” He bit on his lower lip.

“Mmm,” I tapped my chin with my free hand, “yes, Jiho.”

He pulled me closer and moved his hand behind my neck, kissing me. My cheeks burned up, not just from this kiss, but from the fact that there were people around. I tried pulling away, but he held me firmly. Placing my hand on his chest and smacking him, he finally broke the kiss. Once again, I hid my face in his shoulder.

“There’s people watching…” I mumbled.

He laughed, “Choi Hyo Lyn is my girlfriend! I’m the luckiest guy!” Zico shouted at the top of his lungs. I could hear people clap and cheer while someone else shouted back that he was the luckiest.

I continued to hide my face as Zico hugged me and we continued to stand by our locked handcuffs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating for a week. Was busy with graduation parties and my state board of nursing test. Which I passed! Thank the Lord, hallelujah! I bawled my eyes out before and after finding out my results. Also, I was stuck writing this chapter a lot.

Hope you liked it… I feel like it’s lame… sorry ><

Next chapter is the last… :O

As always~ Please comment and subscribe <3

6.1.12

TIN TAP IS BACK~! INFINITE WON~!