25

The Two Blocks

It had been two weeks since Yong Guk gave me up and I had been avoiding Zico like the plague. Of course, that didn’t stop him from pestering me every moment he could. I realized that those feelings I couldn’t give to Yong Guk were growing for Zico. He walked with me everywhere, talked nonstop. He was usually asking why I had gone back to not speaking, but I just shook my head and continued on. The rapper even brought me different remedies for my bruising, which was now healed; although, he was still cautious of any extraneous effort on my part.

I hung out with B.A.P usually three days a week and then just crash at my dad’s after fooling around with them. Jong Up had made progress through his counseling and we received word that his father would serve two life sentences in jail because he had many more heinous crimes on top of the ones he committed against Jong Up.

But now after those problems… I face the problem of leaving the warmth of my comfortable bed. I cringed and rolled out of it, opening my eyes to the brightness of the morning.

Today was White Day.

 Even though we weren’t on terms during Valentine’s Day, I’m sure Zico would try something.

I stared at my closet; our school was making in mandatory for all of us to dress in formal, white attire. Something about getting in the newspaper for spirited students… The only white clothing item I had was a dress that I wore to a wedding. It was white lace that hung over just over the knee and the sleeves went all the way to my wrists. I tossed it on and proceeded to the bathroom to fix my hair and apply eyeliner. I ran out to the living room, shoving on my flats and grabbing my bag, making my way out the door before my mom could possibly see me.

I glanced around, no Zico? Checking my watch, I shrugged, he would usually be here at 8:15 and it was 8:23. I was already late, so I began my walk to school, but not before bumping into someone. I looked up to see a baby-faced boy with a dirty blonde mohawk.  We both apologized but it wasn’t hard to miss his slight smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one from Block B was at school. I furrowed my eyebrows, it felt so odd to be without them in homeroom. I pulled out my phone, but it was still an empty inbox, no texts or calls. The flip? I put it away and sighed but looked up in surprise.

A small box of chocolates with Pororo on the cover was placed in my view. My eyes widening as I saw Chang Jo, he was two years younger than me but we hung out last year because he was friends with Jae Hwa’s crush.

“Happy White Day, noona.” He smiled causing his chubby cheeks to push up a bit.

I accepted it, “thanks Chang Jo-yah.”

He blushed, “I, uh, need to get back to my class now. I’ll see you around.”

I nodded and waved as he shuffled out the room. Jae Hwa squeled as I held up the chocolates to show her across the room.

“Yah! Pororo da!” She mimicked Haroro from Running Man.

I laughed, but looked back at the three empty seats around me, biting my lip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sign of Zico or Block B, I even went to the stupid school party. On the pleasant note I received more chocolates from some friends, yay chocolate!

I kicked a rock, nearing my neighborhood. It came to a halt next to a pair of feet, a meter in front of me. I looked up, the mohawk boy from earlier was smiling at me.

“Happy White Day.” His small eyes creased as his smile widened. He held out a bundle of pink carnations.

“Ah, thank you.” I bowed accepting the flowers, “but… I don’t know you…” I tilted my head.

He gave me another smirk, “you will soon.” He stuck his hands in his pockets and walked by.

I stood still for a couple seconds before continuing down my street. I checked my phone again, nothing and it was nearly eight. I shrugged it off and looked back at the ground.

“Hey beautiful.”

I looked up startled, Zico was leaning against the side of my apartment complex. He was dressed in a white button down shirt and black slacks. Pushing himself off the wall, he stepped towards me.

“Sorry I’m late, a few problems occurred.” I could see a cut on his cheek bone right below his eye.

“What did you do, fool?”

Zico laughed, “don’t worry.” He glanced at the flowers in my hand, “I however, was worried the entire day,” he emphasized, “knowing many guys would approach you.” He took the flowers from me, placing them on the stairs leading up the complex. He pulled a white rose from behind his back, “I can be confident, right?”

My lips tugged into a smile and I blushed. He put the rose in my hands, I looked away feeling awkward.

“Even if you avoid me, turn mute, or even push me away. I know you’re feeling something.” From the corner of my eyes I could see his grin.

I puffed out my cheeks, hoping to make the blush less noticeable.

Zico closed the gap between us, hugging me. “You look amazing in this dress; did you get your dress for the party yet?” I shook my head and tried to escape his embrace. “It’s next week.” He reminded.

“I’m going with Yong Guk and Dae Hyun on Monday.” I mumbled.

“What?” He pushed me away, his hands on my shoulders holding me in place.

I smiled meekly, “not confident?”

“Don’t make me jealous.” His lower lip jutted out, pouting.

“As if you don’t find other girls…”

His eyebrows furrowed, “when did I? It’s always been you since we’ve met… Well, other than Hyun Ah.”

I blinked at him, “that red head girl from the club?”

Zico thought for a second, scratching his fuzzy head. “Ah!” He clapped, “You mean Bora? She’s just a friend, but Kyung actually likes her… We were trying a bunch of jealousy things that day…” He laughed sheepishly, but stopped instantly. “Does that mean… You were jealous! So it worked!”

I waved my hand, “as if! I was just saying.”

He smiled widely, his eyes disappearing, “you were jealous!” He attacked me in a hug again, “it’s ok, Lyn, you’re the only one I want. You have nothing to be jealous about!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn’t get on yesterday cuz AFF went down for =_= anyways, any ideas on the mohawk boy??

 

Vote for who you want on my next story and if you choose other, please tell me who~!!

 http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/22518 

im not sure why, but my browser apparently doesnt support the actual poll html to be placed on here... 

Also if any of you are U-KISS fans (Kevin biased??) Check out one of my besties new story~!!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/183851/dance-heart-kevinwoo-ukiss-kevinwooukiss

 

Please comment and subscribe <3