14

The Two Blocks

 

  

I PASSED 100 SUBSCRIBERS~!! KYAAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH~!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staring at her closet, Lyn was sitting on her bed, mouth agape. Today, was her date with Zico.

His words from that night had rung through her ears, crystal clear as if they were not said three days before. She had tried to leave after his confession, but he pulled her back. Zico had told her to meet him at three in front of the school. He had been so straightforward and didn't give her a chance to decline. So here she was, deciding what to wear.

Lyn huffed, grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a long, gray shirt. She wasn't dressing to impress, so why should she try? She hurriedly put them on and walked into the bathroom. She frowned at the cuts on her cheek, covering them with make up. She applied some eyeliner and then reached for lipstick.

She pulled back a centimeter from her lips, lightly touching her lower lip with her thumb. That punk had stolen her first kiss. She pouted and threw the lipstick down, walking back into her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyn sighed, tapping her foot on the concrete. It was already twenty past, was he just playing with her again? She pulled her black scarf over , feeling stupid for being outside of her school on a Saturday.

She heard footsteps running behind her, she turned and jumped as Zico skidded to a halt in front of her, "I'm so sorry, some guy was picking a fight with Tae Il." He grabbed her hand, "you look pretty. Let's go!" As they walked, Zico swung their connected hands.

"Where are we going?" Lyn asked, trying to pull her hand away, but Zico's grip was stronger. He ignored her question, "Zico?"

"Jiho."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "eh?"

"It's Jiho, not Zico." He grinned.

She made an "o" with her lips, "Jiho..."

"And add an 'oppa' onto that." He pointed to her with his free hand.

Lyn shook her head, "I don't call anyone 'oppa.'"

He frowned at her, "fine." He pulled across the street and towards a Japanese restaurant, "do you like sushi?"

"It's expensive..."

Zico laughed, ruffling her hair, "my parents own this place." He opened the door, "hope you're ready to meet them."

Lyn's eyes widened, "what?"

"Just kidding, they don't work on the weekends, but my hyung does." He lead her to a table near the back, bowing to some of the workers. He pulled out Lyns chair and moved to the opposite side.

Lyn unraveled her scarf, placing it on the back of the chair, "it's nice. Do you work here, too?"

Zico nodded, "yup, but not as much as I used to, I get most of my money by rapping. I usually work from Sunday to Wednesday though."

She nodded, this guy, was definitely different from how she pictured him.

"Omo, what's this? Woo Jiho actually brought a girl?" Both of their heads shot up to the voice, it was a boy, looking a bit older than them. Lyn guessed it was his brother by how much they looked alike. He held his hand out to Lyn, "Woo Ji Suk, but I go by Tae Woon. I'm this punk's older brother."

Lyn shook his hand, "Choi Hyo Lyn... I'm his classmate."

"Classmate?" The two brothers repeated together.

"No, no, no." Zico shook his finger, "we are... Hmm..." He paused, trying to think of a title.

Tae Woon held up his hands, "I'll just stick with classmates. What can I get you to drink Hyo Lyn?"

"Just water, please. Also, call me Lyn." She smiled, his brother seemed nice.

"Water?" Zico tilted his head, "I guess I'll have water too, waiter."

Tae Woon smacked the back of his head and walked away. They two sat awkwardly for a minute until Zico asked what types of sushi she liked as Tae Woon brought their drinks.

"Umm, maguro, ebi, tamago, and shake... Those are the best..." She nodded to herself.

He nodded, marking them down on the order sheet, scrunching it into a ball, and chucked it at his brother across the room. Tae Woon glared at him and grabbed the paper off the floor.

Lyn laughed, "so your family is really close."

Zico smiled, "yep, weird, huh? You probably thought I was the type to hate them."

"Kinda," she shrugged, "you don't seem like the type."

"I just keep proving you wrong, what about you?"

Lyn puffed up her cheeks, "I just want to move out... I haven't been close to my family for a while and now things are getting worse." She thought about it, her mom ignored her most of the time, her dad used to ignore her, but now he seems to show care... But then again he doesn't really...

"Mian, if you ever need anything, you can call me." Zico gasped, "I need your number." He held out his hand, "Gimme your phone."

She pulled it from her pocket, placing it in his palm. He quickly keyed in his number and turned the phone around, posing. Lyn laughed as he put up a peace sign, smiling like a kid. He turned it back over, keyed something else in and handed her phone back.

Lyn looked over her phone, Zico's smiling face was now her background. She looked up hearing his phone go off, he showed her the text he sent himself, "all done."

She bit her lip, "I don't get you at all..."

"Just a trick of the trade." He winked and scratched his head, but jumped as Tae Woon pulled on his ear.

Tae Woon placed their sushi on the table, "I don't know how you're even putting up with him for a day." He sighed, patting Lyn's head and walking to the kitchen.

Zico picked up a piece of maguro nigiri with his chopsticks, holding it up to Lyn's mouth. She blinked at it, "say ahhh~" He sang and she opened allowing him to place it inside.

She chewed it slowly as he smiled and feed himself a piece of shake nigiri.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyn stared at all the couples surrounding Zico and her. He had brought her to Namsan Tower, although it didn't seem like much of a love affair while riding the cable car up here, everyone around them had to be in the running for the most romantic couple.

"Zi- Ah, Jiho, why are we here?" She asked awkwardly, don't people usually come here after dating for a while?

He slung an arm over her shoulders, "why can't we be?" He lead her to one of the fences overlooking the city.

"Ah, it's gorgeous!" She squeled, leaning against the fence, not caring that locks were jabbing into her stomach.

Zico smiled behind her, "Lyn, you know what all these locks are, right?"

She pushed herself off the fence, nodding. "It's for all the couples that wish to stay together."

He nodded, pulling a pair of handcuffs from his jacket pocket. "We can use this." Lyn's eyes widened, she could see a message written on one of the cuffs. "You can't read mine, but write yours." Zico pulled out a sharpie and handed her the items.

She took them, shocked. Turning her back to Zico, she quickly scribbled a message on the clean cuff. Pushing them back in Zico's hands. He laughed and searched for a place to lock them. He pointed to a clearer area in the middle, raising his eyebrows at Lyn. She nodded and he locked the handcuffs together around the fence.

Zico pulled out a small bottle of glue, filling in the keyhole on the cuffs. He smiled and placed the key in her hands, "throw it." He pointed over the fence.

Lyn looked down the mountain and quickly tossed it over. She tried to see where it went, straing at the snowy side. Zico wrapped his arms around her waist, back hugging her. Lyn tensed up a bit and he rested his head on her shoulder.

"So," he whispered, "where do we stand right now?"

Lyn gulped, she felt awkward, but she couldn't deny the feeling that was twisting her stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohohohoho it's sooooo cheesy~! And I feel so lame >< Ahhh but what do you think?? Also, if you're wondering, I have about 20 more planned chapters to write...

Just as a notice, I may not update until Monday or possibly Wendesay. Tomorrow, I'm going to my dad's and then on Saturday I'm going with him to the accenture match play. (Maybe, I'll take my laptop to his house, not sure) On Sunday I'm going to Phoenix to see my best friends perform at the Arizona Matsuri (Japanese festival). It'll be the first time seeing one of them since she moved to Japan last year in March and she's here until Wednesday... So I'm not sure if I'll update when she's here... I'll try~!!

Well, please comment and subscribe~! Tell me what you thought and what you think should happen.... Also, if you're Team Zico or Team Yong Guk~! kekeke Thanks everyone ^^

2.23.12