Dinner

The beauty and the beast

MINHOS POV

Aiiiisshhh jinja!!! How did I get in this situation?! Right now I was sitting in a restaurant with my parents waiting for my father’s friend. I didn’t know why I even have to be here, they only told me to wear a suit before dragging me here. Normally I didn’t have to come along if the thing is about my father’s business but why am I here today?? However I was sitting there looking on my cellphone, and wrote text messages to SHINee (my friends) and hoping that this will end soon.

Mr. Choi: Yah! Minho! This dinner is important so put your cellphone away!!

Minho: Wae?? They're not here yet!!

Mrs. Choi: Minho-ah, please listen to appa just for today!

Minho: *sigh* Arasso… But when are they coming?!

Mrs. Choi: Oh! They’re here.

I turned around to see who was coming and saw a man and woman walking to our table. Behind them was a girl but I couldn’t see her face since she looked down behind the woman. Was she hiding? My dad stood up to welcome them, so did I and my mom.

Mr. Choi: Shin! How do you do?! *shook hands*

Mr. Jung: I’m fine and you?

Mr. Choi: Fine, thanks!

My mom and that woman bowed and the adults introduced each other but the girl was still standing behind Mrs. Jung. I wonder who she was…Their daughter?! My parents invited them to sit down so they did. I was still looking at the girl but couldn’t really see her face. Somehow she looked familiar. Did I see her before? My gaze was fixed on that girl until my mother interrupted my thoughts.

Mrs. Choi: Minho-ah! This Jung Soojung, maybe you know her since she’s in the same school as you!

Soojung?! The Soojung in the canteen?! I looked at her and now I could see her face. My eyes widened and hers as well.

KRYSTALS POV:

Soojung: You?!

Mr. Jung: Oh! Then no need to introduce since you already know each other :D

Soojung: What are you doing here?! Wait you’re Mr. and Mrs. Choi’s son?!

NO! Please say that this is just a nightmare and I would wake up soon! Why is he the on out of all the guys in this world?! God want to play a prank on me, right?! How could this happen?! And now it’s even a bigger ‘NO’ to marry him!

Minho: Yep!! I am! Choi Minho, live and in person!! So appa, what are we doing here?!

He asked his dad. Looks like Mr. Choi didn’t tell him anything.

MINHOS POV:

Mr. Choi: Well, let’s get to the point! Actually I want you to marry Soojung!

Minho: Me marrying her?!

Me?! Marrying Soojung?! Well actually this would be funny somehow hehehe >:)  I wonder how she will react if I agree to this whole thing…

Minho: Sounds good! *nod*

Soojung frowned and stared at me with her death glare. Hehehe this will be revenge for rejecting me, Soojung! My parents were looking happy but somehow Mr. and Mrs. Jung looked nervous. Soojung was looking at the table and had nothing to say.

KRYSTALS POV:

Minho: Sounds good!

Mrs. Choi: I’m happy to hear that you’re agreeing, my son! And what about you, Soojungie?!

She looked so happy so I didn’t dare to say no but I don’t want to marry him!!

Mr. Jung: Actually I’m really sorry!! My Soojung is against this and I tried my best to change her mind but I think it’s impossible. I’m really sorry for not telling you.

My dad looked down as well as my mom. They looked really sad, which I couldn’t stand. I don’t want to marry that Minho but wouldn’t I be too selfish?! Soojung, think about your parents!! You should be thankful because without them you wouldn’t be here in this world, you wouldn’t live like a princess. Of course I felt lonely sometimes but I can’t just ruin their successful business with this. I didn’t know what to do but suddenly I stood up. It was silent and everyone was looking at me.

Soojung: I…I…will marry him!

Mrs. Choi: Soojung-ah, you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to!

Soojung: *Shook head* don’t worry! *turned to Mr. and Mrs. Jung* Eomma, appa sorry for being selfish I will save your company!

Minho: Yah! Are you sure?!

Soojung: Why?! Don’t want to?!

Minho: Who said that?!

Mrs. Jung: So you both agree?!

Minho and I nodded and I could see my parents smiling just like Mr. Choi and Mrs. Choi. I’m doing the right thing, right?! With this I will help my parents, right?! I hope so…