Chapter 8

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

Lynn's POV :

 

"How great!" I said sarcastic. "What do I do now?" I looked into my little backpack I brought with me.
1 bottle water and a few snacks were there...
A tiny bit annoyed I sat down again and looked around. There is nothing here.
My eyes were starting to hurt again....

What a timing! I decided to take my lenses out. I am a little scared because of the blue things I will see again. Because I am at the end of the world and not home. 
"I will only take one out for now!"
As soon as I did it, I blinked a few times.
And I saw... nothing? 
"This can't be..." But it doesn't matter how often I blinked, there was nothing!
I was a little shocked but soon happiness came to me. This is the first time in my life (since I see these lights) I could look around (without my lenses) and don't seeing the blue lights! To be absolutely sure this really happend I took out the other one as well. And again...nothing! I laughed out loud.
"This is great!" I turned around to look at the wonderful landscape again. Then I saw something... the air at the middle of the field were blurry! Similar as on an hot summer day when you can "see" the heat.

But this can't be because it's almost evening now and the sun isn't that strong anymore now. 
"This wasn't there before! What is that?" I quietly asked myself.
With slow steps I approached it. As I were near enough to touch it, I reached out my hand....

Kyaaa"
"With a little scream I took my hand away!
My hand...it's like it disappeared when I touch that blurry thing!
"What the...." I tried it again and it was the same! 
"Great right now I was happy that the blue lights are gone and now that??" Maybe I became crazy now? 
I hesitate a moment if I should take a step and "get trough it". I thought about it a while but then i decided to try it! I somehow felt like a main character in one of my books I love to read -.- 
I take a deep breath and closed my eyes...one...two...three... I took two steps forward and opened my eyes!
"What.....the....."

Xiumin POV :

 

I waked up with the sun shining on my face. Tired I turned to the other side to sleep more.

Last night it was already pretty late as I fell asleep. The visit to Lynn's house and the fact that she is with a shape-shifter didn't let me sleep. It was effortless....it doesn't matter how much I thought, the weird feeling that I have since I visited her doesn't disappeared. 

*flashback to last evening*

"A shape-shifter?" Tao was shocked at my information. "But how can she know of our world, be with someone out of our world and don't return? That don't make any sense. The shape-shifter should brought her back here! I mean as she disappeared many of us searched for her, even the shape-shifter!" 

"This is true...." I thought out loud. Tao is right, that doesn't make sense. 
I began to ruffle my hair out of frustration.
"He was in a 'cat-form' maybe she doesn't know of him or us...but why would he hide his identity and don't bring her back?" I asked.

Tao looked just as confused as me.
A silence took in and we thought a while.
Suddenly Tao's face brightend up. He grins at me and says "But hyung! This is the first time I see you thinking about one woman so serious and long! You didn't really did that with any woman you met before!"

My eyebrows were getting up. He was right, I really didn't have done that. It's not like there were not pretty or loveable but with no one I ever date I could warm up. There I got my nickname....'Prince Frost'..
I was known for beeing distant and cold in a relationship. Ice cold-just like my power.
But that wasn't the fault of the woman! It was always me who were unable to give my heart to any of them.

Tao's grin get wider as I didn't answer him.
"This is exciting! I will let you sleep now. You are tired so go to bed and catch some sleep! We talk tomorrow again." He patted my leg as he stands up and made his way out of my room.

*flashback ends*

Even 4 hours after I laid down in my bed I couldn't find a hint of sleep.
 I looked at my clock. It's almost evening now! I had slept the whole day!? 
I slowly put my bed sheets away and sat up. 
I got a shower and soon felt a little better! 

With a yawn I go to open my door to the balcony. As I step out I took a deep breath. The air was great. It smells like flowers and vanilla... She smelled like vanilla too. "It's like I can still smell her..."

I shake my head "Now I go crazy....!"
As I was about to turn around as I saw someone walking down the way. A woman was walking slowly and carefully, as if she was not familiar with the castle. I blinked once to get the sleep out of my eyes.
"What the.....?"