Chapter 29

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

Xiumin POV :

 

It was lunch time as we ( Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Lynn and I) were sitting at the dining table.

I always try to speak with Lynn. Since Baekhyun burst into her room she acts shy towards all of us.
I really liked the feeling I had when we cuddled in her bed! It wasn't awkward at all for me.
It was comforting and it felt so right!
As if we were meant to be....

I couldn't hold back, so I starred at her sometimes. Does she know how cute and sweet she is while eating?

My thoughts were interrupted as Kyungsoo came into the room.

"Hey guys! Hey Lynn." He waved and smiled at her.

"You came!" Lynn said happy.

She messaged him a while ago. She wanted to discuss something she said.

"What would you like to discuss Lynn?" Kyungsoo asks her.

She put her fork down and looked at me.

"I would like to ask something. I know that Baek and me are in a kind of danger but...I hope that I could continue work for you..." she said and looked down.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

I can understand that she would like to do so, I really could! But at the moment I think it's not a good idea. I think it's good for all of us if we wait until the things settle down a bit...

Kyungsoo seems to understand my look and answer:

"Lynn, I really appreciate that and I would like that. But in the moment I think it's not a good idea."

Lynn looked sad.

"That doesn't mean you will never work for me again! Let's say I will send you on vacation. So don't worry and wait for a while, ok?" Kyungsoo said.

Lynn nod at him. She seems still sad but accept that fact for now.

I hold her hand under the table and looked at her.
"I'm sorry Lynn but Kyungsoo is right. But I promise you will work for him again." I said and squeezed her hand.

She looks at me and nod, a small smile on her face.

"Sit down D.O.! Have some lunch with us!" I invited him.

"I would love to do so, but my shop doesn't sell things on his own. So I have to refuse today. But maybe a other time." He answers and turned around.

But then he stopped in the middle of leaving in the middle of the doorway.

When I were a human I hadn't understand the words coming out of his mouth.
"What the...Xiumin fast!"

I looked at him and rush over to him!

What I saw makes me speechless and angry!

"Heechul!" I said angry.

 

Baekhyun POV :

 

"Heechul!" Xiumin's voice sounds angry.

With that I coughed on my food.
Chanyeol pads my back with an unreadable expression on his face.

Why is he here? Did he follow me? Does he know that I'm here?

All these thoughts came to my head as I stood up.

I don't know why but I have to see for myself.

I walked to the doorway with Chanyeol not far behind me.

As I saw him I froze. Its really him!
We both looked at each other and a smile formed on his face.

"What are you doing here? And who let you in?" Xiumin's voice was that of a prince who would do all to protect his castle.

"Prince Xiumin" he answers and bowed.
"I have a meeting with the King. So I have the permission to enter the castle." 

Xiumin froze beside me.
I looked at Heechul. A meeting with the demon King?
I don't know if that's a good thing because it felt wrong and I have a bad feeling about this.

"When you excuse me." He bowed and looked at me.
"We will talk later Baeki" he added and bowed.

Chanyeol behind me took my hand and squeezed it.

Heechul saw that and his expression got dark. The stare between him and Chanyeol is not a joke!

But then he turned around and leaves for his meeting.

"That's not good! I have to speak with dad after that!" Xiumin's hand formed a fist.

Kyungsoo padded him on the shoulder.

"As long as he didn't see Lynn its OK for now!" He said.

As we all turned around to look at her sitting on the table, we realized that she was also standing next to us.

"Oh...ah..." was all she said.

"Great...." Xiumin said and put his hands on his face.

 

Heechul POV :

 

I was so happy to see him again.
But soon as I saw that the other shape shifter was holding his hand I got angry.

For a moment I couldn't hide my disgust!
I put my poker face on and turned around to meet the demon King.

Wait for it! Soon he will be with me on his own will!

But one thing, or more a person, I saw made this trip to the castle worth it.
I don't know if they know that I saw her.
The lost daughter of the soul ruler!
I smirked.
I know what she looks like and she seems to be close with Baekhyun. 
That is an important information for us!

I walked down the hall and stopped before the big door. I knocked two times and waited for an answer.

"Come in!" The voice of the demon King was deep.

Without hesitation I entered the room.

He sure has a powerful vibe around him, but I tried to not showing my nervousness to him.
This is important, I can't fail this time!

I bowed deep and greet the King:
"My King, it's a honor to meet you in person!"

The demon King nod at me.

"Please take a seat and let me know with what I can help you." He said.

I take the seat that he offers me and began to talk:

"I don't know if you are aware of it but I'm from the north clan. Baekhyun, the lost son of master Siwon is friend with your son. I would like to bring him home." 

The King raised an eyebrow.

"And why dont you did it? Why is that a matter to discuss with me?"

"The reason I want to discuss it is because he refuses to come home." I said sad(and the sadness is not pretend)

"And you think I will force him?" He said a little angry.

"No that's not it! I would like to meet his father first before deciding. I know that he doesn't grow up in this world....but we should have at least a chance to let him see the other side!" I lowered my eyes.

"That's true...." the King agreed.

"Siwon is so happy to see his lost son. I am afraid that he will do thinks he will regret, when Baekhyun longer refuse to come home! I'm Siwon's right hand and I know him the best." I said dramatically.

He seems to think about that, because his hand was on his chin, starring at nothing.

"Please I only try to make the situation as calm as possible! And what is when...." I stopped and looked down again.

"When what?" The King asks me.

"What....when...he bond him without his permission?" My voice sounds blanc.

"That is a forbidden act!" His voice was harsh.

I know myself that "bonding" someone is forbidden. It would bond him with the person forever! And a shape shifter can "bond" only once a lifetime! When his mate dies he also does...
Back in the days it was a normal thing that fathers or mothers "bond" their children.
But we live not in the past anymore. 
For 50 Years the rule was changed from the demon King.

"I know my king! But he lost his son once...one more time he couldn't handle!
Please help me out!" I get on my knees and bowed deep.

"*sigh* OK...I will talk to him. Maybe your right. I'm also a father of a son so I can understand that feeling very well."

"Thank you! Thank you so much! Your a good King. You have a great heart!" I said.

Maybe a little bit to much of a heart! In my head I already laughed at him.

He nod and told me to leave.

As I was out of the castle and on my way home, I couldn't hold back any longer.
I burst out laughing. What a dump King we have! I truly can't wait to get him off the throne!