Chapter 33

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

Xiumin POV :

 

I woke up and almost jumped out of the bed.
"Lynn!"
What time is it?
We have to get her!

Suddenly my head hurts as if someone is stabbing me.
I grabbed my head at the pain.

"Finally! That was the second time I had to endure this!" an angry Tao looks at me sitting in a chair in my room.

"I out...." I stated and looked at him.
He sat there a little weird holding his back.
Is he hurt? Did I do this?

"What happened?" I asked worried.

"Its okay, doesn't hurt much anymore" was his answer.

OK I did hurt him!
"Sorry...I didn't mean to." I said quietly.

It's the second time that this happened.
As I discovered my power I didn't had control over it. Tao was also there that time. And like today he was the one to get hurt...

"It's ok! I mean I understand how you must feel...But that outburst got me. You have to really like her, he?" Tao said with a giggle.

Yes I like her...and that's why I have to find her! I shouldn't waste more time!

I stood up and and was about to make my way to find Lynn. 
When I hurry I can still hunt her scent!

"Where are you going? You should rest!" Tao complains.
"Your power was out of control just now! It's risky to use it now!"

I know! The last time I couldn't use my power for almost a week...
But I was a child back then! Now I'm an adult! I should have control over it now.

I tried to froze something

.....

I tried again...
....

And again..

My face stiffens with each try I made.

My anger grow as nothing happens even after the third try!

"No this can't be! Why? Why now? This isn't fair!" I hissed.

Tao looked as if he expected this happening.
"I spoke with doctor Lay...." he said quietly
"He said it will take a while to get your control over your power again."

I looked at my best friend surprised.
"No! And how should I win over Heechul now? She isn't safe there! Tomorrow I can't trace her scent anymore. It would be too late!"  I reasoned.

Tao looked upset.
"Yes but as your guardian I can't let you go in this state... I have swore to my life that I protect you."

" of the swore you done! I can't stay back while knowing she's with Heechul!" I spit out.

Tao froze at my words. I know that I hurt him right now but all I can think about is Lynn.

But now his face hardens.
"I know but I will not allowing it!" He simply said and stood up.

"Who are you for telling me this? I have to find her!" I made my way out of the room.

But before I could reach the door Tao stands before me. He looked at me upset and grabbed my wrist.

Without my full power I'm not a opponent for him.

"I'm your friend hyung, but now I'm more your guardian." Tao said.

"Don't you dare!" I warned him.
"Tao!"I shouted now at him.

"Sorry hyung but I don't think Lynn would be happy if you are also get hurt." He said and pushed his finger down.

My vision began to get blurry.
"Why....why Tao....I love....her...I can't...loose her!" I somehow managed to end the sentence before I fell into darkness.

.....

​​​​​​

Baekhyun POV :

 

This is unbelievable!
Chanyeol doesn't seems to have ideas for leaving me alone. It's almost time for bed!
I followed him the whole evening to get his trust!
I tried to act normally so that he doesn't have the urge of babysitting me. 
He sometimes looked at me as if he knew what I have planned.

We were now in my room again. I sat with a book in my bed and Chanyeol sits on the desk doing something with the laptop.
For how long will he be here?

I let out a fake yawn.
"I should go to sleep! It's late and if we want to find Lynn tomorrow we shouldn't be tired!" I said and put my book aside that I pretended to read.

"Sure do that" Chanyeol answers but didn't move an inch.

I looked at him and was speechless.
"I will go to bed, so..." I tried again but he only nods slowly.

"Yes I did understand you. Go to sleep."

Oh my... what to do?

"Yes but...." I began and tried to think of a way to send him out.

"But?" Now Chanyeol looks up to me curious.

"Ahhhhh...but...you know..." now that he looks at me I couldn't find the right words to send him away.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and then smiles.
"You don't want to go to sleep alone?" He guessed.

I waved crazy with my hands as I heard that.
"No! I...I can't sleep when someone is in my room!" This was the most lame excuse ever.
"And I would like to have some time alone to be honest." I added.

I tried not to show my hurry to send him away.

The second excuse seems to work because his face shows a sad but understanding look.

"Oh....I understand." He said and stood up.

He walks over to me and stopped right before me.
"When you need something feel free to ask for it ok? I am will be in my room at the end of the hall."

"Sure. Good night hyung." I said and bowed a little bit.

He hugs me and leaves the room.

Finally!

.....

I waited two hours before I opened my door to look if someone is out there.

As I was sure nobody is out there I didn't think twice. I made my way through the castle outside!
I tried to don't make any noise as I opened the front door and slipped through it.

Even outside I hid several times to prevent anyone noticing me. As I passed the spell I smiled.

I began to walk to the forest. My strength in this form isn't that big but I'm stronger than any human could ever be.
My steps gets quicker and I began to run.
I know the way to Heechul's house. A little more than a half an hour I run as I saw the house I got kidnapped to.

The room I were in has lights on. Is Lynn in there?

I was about to run but the bunch of people talking who were holding swords and guns stopped me.
Why are they having weapons?
I hid between bushes and tried to ovehear their conversation.

"It's unbelievable that we have the soul ruler!" The first one said

"Yes soon we will save our race!" The second one added.

I was angry. They are using her without her permission! Do they really think she alone can save them? This is crazy!

I have to find her!

 

Lynn's POV :

 

"You only have to marry my son and safe the shape shifter."

I saw that coming. Since Baek told me about all the stuff that happend in the past I knew for what reason they searched for me.
But hearing it from the person that planned all of this shocked me nevertheless.

"What is this about saving the shape shifter? How should I do this?" I played dump to not let him know that I knew all of this.

"That question is easy to answer my daughter. The species of the shape shifter will dying. We don't have enough woman to born new babies. The shape ruler are known for facility. The only thing you have to do is born my sons and from other shifters kids!" He said.

His eyes are going crazier with each sentence he speaks.

I should born babies? And not only Baek's but from other shape shifter too?
This is crazy! Im not a machine!
I was about to complain as he stood up with a satisfying grin.

"It seems like that your future husband is here!" 

Baek? I panicked. Why is he here? It's dangerous since he can't shift his form! He's not at full power!

"Let us greet him." The man grabbed my wrist and took me outside the house.

His grip hurts! As we were standing outside  my eyes widened. It took me a while because its already dark outside.

"Baek!" I shouted with fear.
He was guided by two men who held one arm each.

"Lynn!" His relieved expression soon turns into fear as he saw who was holding my wrist.
He struggled trying to break free but the grip from the two men doesn't waver.

"Let him go! He can't beat me in this form anyway." The man said and sends the two other guys away.

As soon as they let go Baek tried to attack his father.

But only putting my hand in the air let him stop.

Baek's father smiled.
"Finally my son is home!" He said with sparkles in his eyes.

Baek froze. His angry expression wavers.

For him it must be hard. Seeing his dad again after that long time, realizing that he is the one who kidnapped me.

"Lets go inside and talk, my son!" His father said.

"No! Let her go! I'm the one you searched for and here I am!" Baek now shouted.

Only a smirk formes on the others lips.
"And why should I do that?"

"Because I will switch places with her!" Baek answer.

That makes the man still holding my wrist giggle.
"You would do that? That's a great deal!"
Then he looked at me smiling.
"Do you remember our deal?" He whispers in my ear. "It's still on! I will give you one week! When your not here than I will destroy the castle!"

No! My mind went blanc. He can't! There has to be another way! My eyes began to tear up. I shake my head fast to symbolize him not to do it. Baek doesn't know about the deal I made with his father!

As Baek looks at me his face softens.
He nods and took a step forward.

"No!" I yelled.

With one move his father released me from his grip and pushed me away.
I fell on my and looked with fear at Baek who was now standing by his fathers side.

"Let's go!" He grabbed his sons hand and walked to the house. Baek doesn't looked back at me. His head hung low and he let took himself away.

My tears began to fall.
This is not right. Why did he do this?
I sat there another ten minutes before I stood up. I have to warn the others!
Maybe when I reach the castle soon enough then we can defend it!

The only thing is that I don't know where to go! I was unconscious as I was brought here! And it's night time! It's so dark in the forest. I looked at my surroundings.I decided to follow my instincts as I began to walk north.