Chapter 15

The story of a Soul-Ruler

Lynn's POV :

 

As Xiumin parked the car on the parking lot, we both stepped out of the car.

It's really late already and I let out a yawn.
The whole day was exhausting for me.

Xiumin accompanied me to my apartment.
As we were standing before my door I turned around to look at him.

"Here we are!" I said

 He looked at my apartment and then at me again. "Is it save here? I mean this building looks old."

"Yes it is kinda old....but I live here since I turned 18 Years old! And I am alive,right?"I answer him.

To that he nods. "Yes you're right, I think."

Should I invite him for a minute? I mean he drove me home and took care of me earlier too! It's only good manner to do so, isn't it?
"So...." I began to speak. "Would you like something to drink?" I ask him.

Xiumin looks somehow surprised but soon a smile take place on his handsome face.
"Sure if you doesn't mind that I come with you?"

"No I mean you drove me here and....and you also took care of me earlier too! It's not much but I would feel better when I can repay you with something! Even when it's only a cup of tea or something!" I explained.

Xiumin looked at me and smiled. 
"Ok then pay me with a drink."

We both made our way into my apartment.

 

Xiumin POV :

 

I didn't expect that she would actually invite me into her apartment! I mean we only met today and when I remember earlier that day, she wouldn't tell father a thing about her life...

So I didn't expect that she will let me in her personaly place.

She opens the door and signals me with her hands that I should follow her.

Her apartment is small the kitchen and the living room are one room. There are only two other doors. One for her bedroom and one probably for a bathroom. It's small but tidy.

"You can sit down there! Do you like some tea?" She ask and pointed at the couch in the "living room". 

"Sure." Actually I prefer coffee but it's way too late in the evening for that!

Soon she came with a cup of tea.

She sat down next to me.
"Thank you." I said.

I didn't see her "cat" for some reason...
"Didn't you say that you have a cat?" 

"Oh Baek! I totally forgot about him!" She said in panic.

Oh that's not necessary bad! I thought.

"Do you have a minute?Can I get him fast?" She asked.

"Sure bring him home I will wait here and drink my tea." I said to her.

"That's great! I am sure he will love you!" She said smiling and left the room.

When she knew how much he already "loves" me .... I smirked.

It didn't even take 5 minutes as the door opened again. She sat the cat on the ground and said:
"Baek we have a visitor. He is a nice guy I know you will like him!"

As he saw me he grows stiff. He doesn't looked happy to see me again.

"Hey little kitten!" I waved at him.

He doesn't seems to like my nickname for him. How's comes?? I thought sarcastic.
As he began to hiss at me.

I let some of my freezing power play around my finger.

His hissing stopped so fast as it came. He didn't forget that I freezed him a little because he placed his paw at his nose.

Lynn didn't see it and began to scold the shape shifter for the hissing! 

"Baek!! What's wrong with you? He is a guest so please be nice!!"

I couldn't help but grin. What is better in the world as to tease a shape shifter?

"I am sorry Xiumin! I don't know what's the matter with him!" She apologized again.

This was the first time she called me by my name! It was a pleasant feeling somehow...

"It's ok maybe he will like me sometime! It's because he sees me the first time. Maybe when I come by often he will get used to me! Right little kitten?" I looked at Baek and smiled my most innocence smile I have.

Baek looked at me as if he would like to kill me.

"Yes that can be true...." she nods.

"I should go home now. It's late and you have to work tomorrow! Get some sleep ok? We could exchange numbers if you want!?" I ask her.

"Su...sure ok!" She stutter like someone who was never asked to give her number to a guy.

She gives me a card with her contact information.
"Here you go." She said with a happy face.

As I put that card in my pocket and looked at her to say goodbye. She stands a half an meter away.

"See you soon princess" I smiled and leaned closer.
As my lips almost touches her ear I stopped and whispered in her ear:
"And please bring your cat with you, so we can get closer, alright?" 
Before I leaned away from her I kissed her cheek once.

She looked at me: face red and eyes wide open.
"Su...sure.." she said.

As I get down on my knees I whisper to the shape shifter:
"And we both have a talk tonight alright? You know the field we parted ways last time? There! As soon as she sleeps, got it?"

I stand up and gave Lynn a wink before I leave the room and the apartment.

.......

As I got outside I took a deep breath!
"Did I really do that?? A kiss on the cheek??" I was surprised at myself. I even don't know why I did that! It suddenly came to my mind. My heart began to race at the memorie from the kiss.
I slapped my cheek once and tried to calm down.

Now is not the time to think about that!
"No, It's time to talk to the shape shifter!"
I said out loud and made my way to the parking lot.