Chapter 23

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

"I know I should have told you sooner but last time we were with father you didn't want to talk. So I have no choice as to tell you myself now..." I began to speak.

Lynn was even more confused with my word's so it seems.
"O-kay" she stretched the O long.

"I'm not a human Lynn! And so is your Baek not only a cat." I said

Kyungsoo looked at Lynn. The fact that he is a Demon too, I held it a secret for now.

For a while nobody was saying something.
......

Lynn wasn't sure how to react to that information. But then she began to speak:
"Okay.....I know you all want me to cheer up but that's going too far!" 

I sighed! I know it wouldn't be easy to make her believe me.
"I heard from Baekhyun or Baek, that you have weird dreams and see blue little things! Is that true?" I asked in a soft voice.

"How do you know?? I haven't told anyone about this!" She askes surprised.

And also Kyungsoo seems shocked from my information.
"What?" 

"It is true...but..." she stutters a little bit.

Kyungsoo spoke suddenly up:
"So you see blue little things? And weird dreams..." he was thinking holding his chin.
"Your not human? Why didn't I sense earlier?" 

"That's because she is a soul ruler. She has blocked her energy to live with human. It protects her!" I explained.

Now it was Kyungsoo who were nearly jumping out of his chair.
"Soul ruler? Are you sure? I haven't seen one in ages!" He was amazed.

"Yes I'm sure." I said.

I looked at Lynn who hasn't say a word yet.
She looked at us as if we are crazy. I sighed again. This will take time! Time that we maybe not have!

To help her believe me sooner I stand up and hold my hand before her eyes.
Within a second I let my power out!"What the hell??" Lynn stood up and screamed.

 

Lynn's POV :

His hand! It looks like it freeze or something! Not only his hand the whole room seems to froze within a few seconds!
And Xiumin's eyes! Are they blue? I've seen this before!

"What....what's all that?" I was shocked.
He didn't lie to me! It's true he is not human! Human can't do things like that, right?

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Xiumin
"This was a little too direct, wasn't it?" He said

I looked at my boss!Kyungsoo knows?? He acts like that wasn't a big deal!

"I didn't want to shock you Lynn! But now that Baekhyun is gone your also in danger! Please believe me when I say that I did hide it to give you time to understand all of this slowly." Xiumin said, his face shows a sad expression.

He has the power to control ice?And Baek is he a supercat or something?
I shaked my head. This is ridiculous.
As I looked at Xiumin again I saw nothing like truth in his eyes. How could that eyes lie? And why should he lie to me? And also he showed me!
After a few moments I spoke up.
"Okay, okay....this is weird and I honestly don't know how to react to that! But I somehow believe you..." I said

Xiumin let out his sweetest smile I ever seen.

The room unfreeze so fast as it came.
But what did he say earlier? I'm a soul what?
"Can I ask something? You....earlier you said I am soul-what?" I asked Xiumin and soon I was embarrassed by my own words. To talk like someone, who sounds like a character out of a fantasy movie, sounds weird in my ears.

"Yes you are a soul ruler but that can wait! Important now is Baekhyun! He has no reason to get lost without telling someone. He protected you all the time!" Xiumin said.

"But where could he be.... I mean what kind of species is he actually? When he is Lynn's cat he only could be..." Kyungsoo said.

This would I actually also like to know! Is he a supercat?

We both looked at Xiumin.

"He is a shape shifter!" He says.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.
"What? Shape shifter? Then it's easy! Doesn't he belong to a clan? Maybe we find him there!? Kyungsoo said as if it was the easiest thing of the world.

"And there is the problem! He doesn't belong to any clan!" Xiumin looked troubled.

"Huh? That is weird! And it makes finding him not easier!" Kyungsoo said.

Ok thats all too much for me to understand to be honest! I couldn't follow them anymore! But it seems that it's not that easy to find my Baek or even find a reason why he is lost!

"We should go to the castle and ask my father about that matter! Maybe he knows more!" Xiumin said.

"The Demon King? Maybe your right!" Kyungsoo says.

King? He is a King? Then...Xiumin...! Is this making him the...prince? 
Suddenly I have the feeling I should bow to Xiumin...
And a very more important thing:

"O-My-God!! I was so rude to your father the last time! That means.... I have been rude to a KING?" I began to panic! 
"Oh how should I meet him now? I was so rude!" I screamed.

To my little outburst Xiumin and Kyungsoo looked at each other and began to laugh!

"When that is the only thing you worry about, after the whole story I gave you today, then I think you are ok!" Xiumin said.

Both man giggled again.

Thats not funny! I mean he is a King! I pounded a little bit, but the two man couldn't stop laughing.

"Your cute, you know that?" Xiumin pinched my cheek with one hand.

As I looked at him the kiss from last night came to my mind! My face is going red!! What when he sees? I coughed and remove his hand. 
"Then we should go!" I said to hide my embarrassment and turned around.

What will Kyungsoo think when he sees me like this? He is my boss!

I hurried and pack my things up! Oh how embarrassing!!!!

Baekhyun POV :

 

The room he was taking me was a kitchen.
As he stopped walking we stand by a table.
The table was full with delicious food.
My stomach makes some noise.
Hoping he didn't hear I put my  free hand over it!

"See you are hungry Baeki!" Heechul says and sat me down on a chair. Finally he let go of my hand!

I don't say a word to him. I have to get out of here! I hope he will let me be alone in my room later!
I was worried about Lynn! Is she OK? 
This is the first time I hoped that the Demon is with her! Please let Xiumin be with her!

"Aren't you going to eat? Or do you want me to feed you?" Heechul's eyes were sparkling.

I glared at him. "As if!" I spat.

He only giggled at that.
"You know, I don't know the soul ruler yet, but I think your wasted with her! What do you think? I'm also a good choice!" 

I almost spit my food that I began to eat at him as he spoke!
And I began to cough!

"Omo watch out!" Heechul said and came over to me. He padded my back.

"You are crazy! As if I would!" I said angry as I was done with coughing. This guy is crazy!

Heechul smiled:
"Wait a bit and you will see how charming I am!" He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes at him. >As if I will be here long enough to find out!< I thought.

....

As we finished our meal I was brought back to my room. This was my chance!

Heechul let me alone, saying he has important things to do. 

"Don't try to escape my little pretty boy. In your human form you wouldn't come far anyway!" With that he closed the door.

He is right in my human form I wouldn't come far! But who says I will escape by running with my own feet?

I smiled to myself. I will wait a while longer so he takes his guard down!

I looked out the half opened window and saw the deer that would help me get out of here!

I whistle loud enough to get his attention.
One thing that I like about my special power! Communication with animals!

The deer looked up and nod his head as I 
told her my plan!

I smiled softly. Wait for me Lynn! I will be there soon!