Chapter 34

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

Lynn's POV :

 

I walked a whole hour since I decided a direction.
My feets are hurting like hell and the mark Baek's father left at my wrist is red and hurts as well.
I have to find the way out of here!

The moon that shined through the trees is hiding behind them now. It's pitch black and I have trouble to go save through the forest.
Many times I fell, tripped over roots or get hurt by tree brunches hanging deep to the ground. My knees and elbows are bleeding and so is my cheek. 

The hurt feeling of letting Baek left behind there is still present. 
I know that I didn't have a chance against them but I should have at least defend myself better. If I had make a run, maybe i would have met Baekhyun earlier and could have warn him!

I'm angry at myself! What kind of friend 
am I? He comes and safe me and I didn't do anything!

I wiped my tears that never dried the last hour.
The only thing that I can do is finding the castle and.....

I stopped in my tracks as I saw something that I haven't seen in a while!

The blue little things!
Baekhyun explained to me earlier what they are: souls!

I have to admit that I got a little scared right now because it seems to fly over to me!

I couldn't move. The soul stopped right before me and was now flying around me.
For a moment I didn't do anything but as it stopped before my eyes again I put my hand before it and tried to touch it.

As my finger softly touched the soul it began to fly around me again.
It felt like...cotton candy somehow.

I giggled at that. It's like it tickles the soul!
Before I knew that I was a soul ruler I never  ever tried to touch them or look at them right.

It is blue with sparkles of silver in it. It doesn't really has a form....it's seems like its formless.

I watched the soul a little bit as my mind went back to my originally plan.

"Oh no I have to go to the castle!" I remember what I was here for.

The soul stopped at my words and floats before my eyes.

"I'm sorry but it's important!" I said to it and made my way again.

I walked two steps as the soul appears before my eyes again.

"Huh! I'm sorry but I really have to go!" I explained. I felt dump for talking with it...Maybe it doesn't understand me....

As I walked around it the soul doesn't let me go peacefully. Again right before my eyes it appears again.

I was about to get angry but the soul fly's first before me and then a little bit in the other direction. 
I looked at it with confused.
It comes back again and fly's again in this direction.

And then I understood.
"I walk the wrong way? Can you help me to find the castle?" I asked not sure if it's really understand me.

The blue soul fly's around me and then in his direction again.

I nod at it. I don't know if I'm getting that right but it's worth to try I guess.
I followed the blue soul.

A half an our later I sighed. There is no end in this forest! As I was about to regret following the soul I saw a light.
The treetops who were hiding the moon finally opened up! I couldn't hold back my smile as I saw a familiar landscape.

The last few meters I run out of the forest!

"Thank you so much!" I said happily and took the soul in a soft embrace.
The soul hold still in my embrace and began to glow! I panicked a little and looked down.

As I did I let out a scared "whoa" as I saw a symbol on my hand! It's also glowing!

It felt warm almost hot! I let go of the soul and shaked my hand crazily.

The soul is flying again and it seems to change!

Slowly I can recognize a face of a girl.
She can't be older then seven!
The girl began to speak before she disappeared with a loud "plop" sound and a bright blue light.
"Thank you for saving me."

Confused about what happened I looked around. The symbol in my hand doesn't disappear but it didn't glow nor it felt hot anymore.

"Did I....do this soul ruler thing?" I ask myself quietly.

I starred at my hand with excitement for a while but I can could worry about that later!

I began to run to the castle! 
I was about twenty meters away as I saw a familiar face!

"I'm here!" I yelled so they could hear me.

With my words four worried faces turn in my direction and yelled in unison:

"Lynn!"

 

Chanyeol POV :

 

It's past midnight as I rolled for the thousand times in my bed.
Baekhyun and Lynn had only one day together and now she disappeared.
He was angry and upset at the situation.
I understand that. But the reason i followed him the whole evening was because I knew he will do something stupid if he's alone.

Honestly I was about to leave the castle after bringing Lynn back.
But as soon as I saw him I was unable to!
The first eye contact with him stopped all my plans! The feeling of butterflies in my stomach kept hunting me if I was around him. And so I decided to stay here longer.
I'm glad that Xiumin let me stay.

On the way to my room I talked to Tao who explained Xiumin's current situation to me.
His outburst a few hours ago was no joke.
And I must admit that I was scared!

I couldn't sleep with all this in mind!
I stand up and get out of my room.
Is Baekhyun sleeping already?
As I was at his door I tried to knock.
But his door was open!

With fear I opened it all the way up and saw that he was gone!

"!" I spit out and searched for him.
I knew it! It was a bad idea to leave him alone!

​​​​​​

 

Xiumin POV :

 

As I woke up again I was alone.
Thank god Tao is not here!
This little Panda! I was beyond furious.
I stood up from the bed and made my way out.

I was about to get down stairs as a really mad Chanyeol came up the stairs.

"Hey what's up?" I asked him confused.

Chanyeol looked up to me, his expression sad.
"Baekhyun, he's gone!"

"Huh?" I asked surprised but soon I guessed why.
"He is gone to find her!" I said.
Somehow I'm a little proud of him and felt sorry at the same time.
Without my mistake Lynn were still here with us.

"Don't you understand? He can't change his form! He's weak like that! What when something happens?" Chanyeol gets mad.

From his eyes I can only see concern about Baekhyun.

"Your right! We should wake the others and I will call D.O.!" I said and turned around.

Tao looked shocked as he saw me.
"Your up already? My power isn't that great against you as it were before." He smirked

"No time for your jokes Panda! Baekhyun is missing!" I said in hurry.

Tao raised an eyebrow.
"What?....don't tell me...!"

"Yes" I answer him.
"Let's call Kyungsoo! He can help us! I'm not at my full power right now so we need him!"

Tao sighed in defeat.
"All right lets go!"

......

After fifteen minutes D.O. was here.
I tried to explain all of the recent things that happend.
His big eyes got even bigger as he heard the whole story.

"So we have to search for the house Baekhyun was once?" D.O. asked

"I think so....we don't have an other option."
I answer him.

To that he nods. "True"

"I know the way!" Chanyeol said.

I was about to ask him something as I saw something blue glowing in the distance.

"What....?" I began.

All the others were also looking in the direction.

The light disappeared as soon as it came and then there was only darkness.

"What was that?" Kyungsoo ask.

"I don't know but that's not important right now we have to...." I began but was interuped by a familiar sweet voice:

"I'm here!" 

In my head was chaos. Lynn? I turned around and saw her.

"Lynn?" We all ask in unison.

I didn't think twice as I run to her and hugged her!
Maybe a little to hard because she struggled and said: "please....air...."

I loosens my hug a bit and looked into her eyes. 
"Lynn....your here!"
And then my lips landed on hers....

​​​​​​

Baekhyun POV :

 

I was sitting here again....
The room I was before as Heechul took me.
The food what was served an hour ago still on the table. Untouched.
I wasn't hungry. I only hope that Lynn is save now and made her way to the castle save.
Me and my temper! I thought back about the situation earlier.

If I wasn't be so careless I could have save us both! The guards heard my growl as I get mad at their conversation.
I tried to fight but it was two against one.
Without being able to change my form I'm kind of weak.
Sure over one of them I could have won but two were one to much.
I starred at the bracelet that Heechul put on me.

"Without this thing I would have won!" I hissed quietly.

It was a little shock to see my father again.
Sure he had done many things wrong and I'm not proud of that, but he's my father.
Many thoughts run through me as I saw in his eyes.
I even thought of hugging him.
Am I crazy? I don't know anymore!
As I said I was replacing her I didn't expect him to cooperate so fast.
For a moment it felt like he really want me back....I felt needed..
Is it that wrong to give him a chance?

Lynn looked shocked and she tried to stop me but it's my choice!
She us save now and that's what's important!

I stood up from the bed and opend the window. The fresh air breezed against my skin. I took a deep breath.
I'm sorry for lying to Chanyeol.
When I imagine how sad he must be...

*knock knock*

I put my thoughts aside as someone knocks on my door.
Is it father again? I mentally prepared myself for that and said:
"Come in"

The door opens and I saw a familiar face.

"Heechul....."