Chapter 7

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

Lynn's POV :

 

The hole morning I searched on my computer. I decided to find the landscape I saw in my dream! Or even something similar. As I couldn't find anything that even looked a little bit like that, I got impatient.
"Is there really nothing like that? This can't be true!" With a sigh i was almost giving up. But than came a memory from a conversation at work to my mind! 
"Kyungsoo!" I cheered. I grabbed my phone and called him.
A little sneeze made me look at Baek.
"Omo are you sick? But the weather is so good..."

An hour later I was on my way to my destination. Kyungsoo was not really sure if he could help me but said he has drawed a picture of some landscape that sounded similar like that I tried to explain. He sends me a picture of it. And there it was! It's a little bit different but I decided to go there!
An hour later I step out of the bus.
With my phone I checked out how far I had to walk. "An other hour??" It was past lunch time and I worried about the time. 
"I hope I will make it home before it gets dark..." I didn't have my lunch yet...my stomach hurts a little bit but I ignored it.
"Let's go!" I said.

.....

The trail got smaller the more I walked at it and at one point it wasn't there anymore.
"Am I really on the right way?"I mumbled to myself and checked on the phone again. 
-A few more meters behind some trees- it says. I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the trees. As soon as I let them behind me my eyes began to sparkle.

"I found it! I really found it!" I am sure it's this place I dreamed of. I began to laugh and ran around jumping.
"I have to take a picture!" I was about to press the button but then:
"Beep beep""Oh wae??!!!" My phone gives up..
"Oh no why now?" As I was pounding an important thing came to my mind!
"How should I find the way home now??? Otoke?"

 

Baek's POV :

 

Baek's POV:

I can't believe it... I know that she cares about me (and that makes me really happy) but why do I have to endure this??
In my cat form I was sneezing alot (because that form is not that strong) but I am not sick! She was thinking differently I think... because she got me a "cat sitter"!!A 8 Years old girl and her mom were now looking at me.
I sighed in my head. I can't even follow her now. I am stuck at this place...how unfortunate... 
Otokee??
This is all his fault! When I catch you,your dead hamster face!

 

At the castle of the Demon King 

Demon King POV :

 

I sat down on my chair. The precious picture in my hand. All the people I really cared about were there.
My late wife, little Xiumin, my best friend John with his wife Miranda were standing around me grinning at the camera. She -John's wife-was pregnant at that time. They all looked so happy in that picture. And they truly were! It was 3 Years before all went wrong. A memory from 19 Years ago came to my mind....

*Flashback of 19 Years before*

~ it was late at night when I got a visitor.
A man in his forties standing now in my office. I know him. 

"Siwon, to what do I owe the honour?"
The Clan Head of the shape-shifter bowed once and greeted me.
"Sire, I apologize for my late visit but I have to discuss something with you."

With his words I lifted an eyebrow.
"Sit down and tell me what's so urgent to discuss" I showed him with a hand gestures the way to an empty chair. As we both sat down he began to speak:

"I apologize before hand for my rude behavior but the issue I would like to discuss is about the daughter of the soul ruler." 

That let me frown. John's daughter? Not letting see him how surprised I am, I put on an unreadable face.
"What's the matter with her? She is only 3 Years old now, why should she makes you worry?"

"No that's not it. It's not that she makes me worry" he said. "Sire, We shape-shifter are rare these days..." His face was sad.

"Yes I know that, so what?" I said in a soft tone. It's true there are not many shape-shifter nowadays. They have a hard time because many of them are man. But to make a child it takes a female. And they are rare.
"I thought of a idea to save my race!" He said with confidence. "Soul ruler are rare also! To save both races I can only think of one way...." he continued.
"I...I would like to make their daughter my sons wife!" 

I fell silent. It took me a moment to progress what he said. Soul ruler and shape-shifter? This combination wasn't good! Shape shifter are possessive with their partner while soul ruler have a freebie nature. This wouldn't be able to work out... 

"No, I am against this." I said without hesitation.

"But sire, soul ruler are known for their fertility! Maybe when she is with my son it will save my and their race!" Siwon was angry now! With a hit on the table he stands up. Shape shifter gets always huffed  so easy with word's. 

"I know that both races have problems right now but I don't think that we have to go that far." I answered calmly.
"I also know how worried you must be...but we search already for other options. We are aware of this problem."

That makes him even more furious!
"But what if its too late when you find what you search for? I can't wait anymore! When you can't find a answer, I will make it my way!" He shouted angry and leaves the room.

John is my friend. Miranda and John had a really hard time with the pregnancy. And now they had made it and born a beautiful healthy daughter. He just can't sacrifice their daughter to make her a a shape-shifter's wife. She wouldn't be happy there!

Flashback end~

From that moment on I should had know that it will escalate soon.
"It's my fault..." I sighed.
If I were a good King (how all the people say) I could had prevent all of this. And we would all be happy. Happy like in the picture I held in my hand.