Chapter 21

The story of a Soul-Ruler

 

Lynn's POV :

 

I searched the whole morning I have time but he isn't here! Tears were flowing on my way to work. Where could he be? What when something has happened?
With these sad thoughts I enter the cafe.

Kyungsoo greeted me happy as he saw me but my sad face seems to stop him.

"Hey good morning.....Lynn? Omo what's with you?are you ok?" He says worried.

"Baek....he...he's gone! I woke up and he was gone!" I broke out in tears.

Kyungsoo came around the table he was standing and put his arms around me. He knows how much I love Baek.

"Don't cry Lynn, please.... maybe he comes back later! He is a smart cat!" He tried to cheer me up.

As I was done with crying I removed from his hug.
"Thank you...maybe your right." I sniffed

"I will ask around if anyone has seen him,ok?" Kyungsoo said looking at me and I nod.

.....later that day....

I was taking my break and I couldn't help but worry about Baek. What when he is injured? He hasn't left home once! What when he doesn't find his way back home? Tears were coming again.

I heard my phone that was in my backpack.
I ran to it and without looking at who it was I pick up the call. Maybe there are some news from Baek!

"Hello?" My voice cracked a little bit.

"Lynn?... Are you alright? Are you hurting somewhere?You sound like you were crying!" Xiumin said worried.

"Oh it's you...I'm alright...it's just..." 
I had to take a break and speak up again.
"Xiumin!Baek is gone...." I cried.

"What?How? is he sick?" He asked surprised.

"No...I mean....I woke up in the morning and he was...gone." I said to him.

"Where are you? Are you home?" He asked.

"No I'm at work... I have my break right now" I wiped my tears.

"I will be there soon,ok? Send me your address and I will be there in no time!" Xiumin says.

"OK...thank you" I said and we hung up.

 

Xiumin POV :

 

As I called her and heard her voice all the worst situations were going through my mind.

Kidnapped?
Hurt?
Is she sick?

When she said that her cat was gone I was a little relieved.

But the situation is weird! I talked yesterday with him and from what I think he isn't someone who leaves without telling anyone. He is so protective over Lynn, how would he leave her without a warning?
Something is wrong!

.....

I was on my way to the cafe she works on! I think I know this cafe..!

I entered it and saw a familiar face. And it wasn't Lynn's!

"D.O.?" I asked surprised.

He turned around. He seems to be surprised by me calling his name!

"Oh! Xiumin?" D.O. looked shocked to see me! But he came over and hugged me. "Please call me Kyungsoo when we are with human!"

giggled. He is the Kyungsoo Lynn was talking about? How small the world is!

"I'm happy to see you again and we will talk later, but where is Lynn? I have to see her!" I said searching for her with my eyes.

"You two know each other?" D.O. asked.

"Long story my friend but yes. I will explain later! Where is she?" I asked again.

"Ok, ok! She is in our "break time room" he said and points at a door in the back.

"Thank you!" I said to him and make my way to open the door.

"Lynn? Are you here" I spoke up as soon as I open it.

And then I saw her! She looks terrible! 
"Lynn!" I was shocked as I looked at her.

"Xiumin...you're here..." her voice hoarse from crying.

I rushed to her and hugged her. 
She seems a little taken aback with my action but then she lifted her arms and hugs me back.

"It's a relief that you are not hurt! I thought you were hurt!" I said and hug her even tighter.

A minute we were standing there-hugging each other.

As she get out of my hug she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry that I worried you so much..." she said and looked at the floor.

Why is she sorry? Yes I was worried but she don't have to apologize for that! It's my choice to worry about her!

I grabbed her chin and make her looking up to me!
"It's alright. Tell me everything and then let me help you find him, ok?"

"Ok...." she agreed with a little flushed face.