|Stubborn Love| ~ For ChunsaAngel21

Sweet Desire's Treats | Batch no. 1 Closed | | Hiring |

Song Xuehua sat in the bleachers of the high school she attended. She was there to watch her younger brother play, even though she wasn't a big fan of soccer. She pulled her hat down further to keep the sun off of her face. It was hot outside, and she was enjoying the weather, since it was a nice break from the storms they had experience recently. 

 

When her brother scored, she stood up and cheered loudly. He was so good! The game flew by quickly, and she was very happy when they won. Walking out to hug her brother, she noticed a familiar face that stopped her in her tracks and caused her heart to beat faster. The tall man at the concession stand could be none other than Kris Wu, the man she seemed to be constantly running into, but wanted to stay the furthest from. She watched as he walked away from the stand, holding a hotdog and a soft drink she knew to be Dr. Pepper, his preferred drink. 

Xuehua turned away from Kris. She shouldn't be thinking about him. He wasn't a friend of hers. In fact, she told herself that he was NOTHING to her. When her brother walked over to her and smiled, she gave him a hug, congratulating him on his team's win. She noticed Kris glance in her direction, but she simply ignored him. Driving away from the ballpark, she took her brother out to eat. He deserved it.

For the next few days, she didn't see Kris. However, one day she couldn't avoid him as she walked into the bank. He smiled at her; a quiet, simply gesture. Xuehua glared at him, causing Kris to shrink back. This was when she walked out, but was very annoyed when he followed her. Turning around, she confronted him. 

"What do you want, Wufan? You're following me. I don't…never mind,” Xuehua shook her head, wanting to be very far away from him. 

Kris looked confused for a moment, but his expression turned to anger as he grabbed her by the arm and spun her around to face him. “You know, I would have spoken to you a few YEARS ago, if you had given me the time of DAY…Instead, you act as if we have never met. You remind me of my ex girlfriend.” He regretted the remark as soon as it left his lips. 

The young woman scowled at him, ripping her hand away from him. When he began to speak again, she slapped him across the cheek. Glaring at him, she ran out of the bank, tears streaming down her face. 

Getting into her car, she backed out and drove home, still in tears. At least she was away from him. He didn’t CARE that he had hurt her. He didn’t care that she hated him now. He only cared about himself. She would just forget about Kris Wu. 

Kris left the bank and turned toward his apartment. While he was driving, he noticed a park that looked very familiar. 

Sighing, he parked his car and got out, walking across the grass and sitting down under the same tree that he used to play on as a child. He played there with Xuehua when they were children. He could remember climbing to the top of that same tree, offering his hand to her to help her…only to take it back and let her do it all herself. That was how their ‘relationship’ had been since they were children. He could see now that he could have helped her with things, rather than letting her do things on her own. He had never been completely supportive, and WAY too competitive. He could see that the competition had gone too far, turning them into something that couldn’t be reversed. Or could it? 

The two of them had experience several GOOD times, as well, like the time she had brought him a frog, hoping to scare him and he had thought it was the coolest thing ever. They had spent that afternoon catching frogs and playing in the pond. He smiled when he remembered the young girl crying on his shoulder when other kids called her weird for being half-Korean and half-Chinese. Kris had always thought the mix to be beautiful. Looking out toward the pond, he wondered what it would be like to play in that pond now, as adults. 

He was leaning against the tree with his eyes closed when he heard sniffling and muffled, quiet sobs. He even recognized the way she cried. He had caused her to cry a ‘few’ times in her life. Opening his eyes, Kris looked around and saw Xuehua with her back to him. He frowned, hating the sight of her being so lost. Walking over to her he hugged her from the back, wrapping his strong arms around her. Xuehua fought him for a moment, attempting to shrug him off. Kris held on, leaning into the embrace. She finally gave up and sank into his arms, sobbing. Kris reached up and her shiny, black hair, brushing it out of her face. With his eyes closed, he leaned down and whispered an apology in her ear. She involuntarily shivered at his breath on her ear. 

Xuehua pulled out of his embrace, and Kris thought she was leaving him. However, she simply turned around and leaned into his chest. Kris immediately wrapped his arms around her as she cried into his chest. She had forgotten how good he felt against her. He was so warm. Kris felt a single tear fall from his own eye as he realized he was in love with her. He had always run the wrong way, instead of running TO her. 

They stayed like this for a while, crying silently. After a moment, she pulled away. Laughing softly, she glanced at Kris. He knew that looked: awkwardness. He felt it, too. Sighing deeply, she started to move away from him. Kris grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him. Looking into her eyes briefly, he kissed her on the lips before she could resist. He knew it was possessive, but he didn’t care. To his surprise, she relaxed into the kiss, slipping her hand around him and pulling him closer. It was the most amazing feeling, and she didn’t want to let go. 

Kris finally pulled away, hugging her again and kissing her hair. He said something in Chinese, and she asked him what he said. Tipping her chin up, he kissed her lightly again. “Wo ai ni…I love you.” 

Xuehua felt a lump forming in and she smiled at him. She hadn’t realized she was in love with him, but it was true. “Wo ai ni.” She whispered, rubbing his hand. “I think I always have.”

Kris laughed softly, shaking his head. “I KNOW I have. That’s why it’s been so hard to stay away from you. I thought you didn’t care.”

She kissed him again. “I do care, because I want you in my life. I realize that I NEED you. Will you go out on a date with me?” 

Kris smiled, pulling her toward his car. “Why don’t we go grab something now?” 

She grinned at him. “I’d loved that.” 

 

Author's Note: Thank you for waiting for so long for this request. I hope you enjoyed it.~DGNAForever