Expect The Unexpected

You Are My Sunshine

Chanyeol liked to think of himself as the better CEO between himself and Kris, of course this wasn't true, they were both just as useless in Jongdaes opinion. He was also rather content with his life: he had money, expensive clothing even several different cars. But he didn't have the one thing he truly wanted; his soulmate.

 

Seeing Sehun and Luhan looking all happy and in love was rather depressing for the CEO sometimes, of course it was nice to see his brother happy and more open than he had been in years, Chanyeol missed cute little Sehunnie who would beam at his older brothers whenever they were together. Despite his happiness, Chanyeol couldn't help being reminded of his own loneliness, he had been hoping to find his soulmate by now, but he had had no such luck. Junmyeon knew of his feelings and reassured him that Chanyeol would find his partner eventually, Chanyeol feels grateful for Junmyeons support and tries to believe in the words he is told, but the lingering sadness always comes back, each time a bit worse.

 

Chanyeol often takes his mind off of his issue by giving his all at work, making sure to check in detail each and every decision that makes, after all he wouldn't want the company to fail due to his small problem, although he knew Kris would never let that happen. 

 

A month or so after Sehun and Luhan had met, the school has its annual parents meeting, usually Junmyeon accompanies Jongin and Sehun, however, he, along with his other brothers, are busy with work and it falls to Chanyeol to attend the meeting instead. Chanyeol doesn't mind, he cares about his younger brothers and would be willing to do anything for them, including attending some boring meetings in which he will learn that both Jongin and Sehun are doing great and that they wish that Sehun would be more vocal, like Junmyeon, who has heard this countless times, he would stop himself from rolling his eyes and simply laugh along politely. He would also ensure, just like Junmyeon, that Sehun knew there was no reason for him to change, he didn't need to be louder or more outgoing, that just wasn't who he was.

 

Chanyeol had left work early and drove to the high school, he parked alongside many other cars, noting with a grin that his car was far nicer than any other car in sight. He headed towards the entrance and spotted Jongin and Sehun who sent a wave in his direction. Like His younger brothers, Chanyeol was very handsome and this drew the attention of many of the mothers of other students, he inwardly sighed, wondering when he would find the person who would look past his looks and find the Chanyeol underneath. 

 

"No Luhan today?" He asked Sehun with a smirk, the two never seemed to separate and more often than not the brothers would wake up to find that Luhan had stayed over. The first time that occurred, the brothers were rather shocked seeing both Sehun an Luhan trailing down the stairs with bed heads, each with a pair of Sehuns pyjamas on. Junmyeon cooed at the two ruffling their fluffy hair. Since then Luhan has seemed to live at the house, the brothers quite liked Luhan and so they had no problem with him being there most of the time.

 

Sehun had a small pout on his face, causing Chanyeol to chuckle, Sehun really was reverting back to his childish nature and Chanyeol couldn't be happier about it, Sehun seemed to have grown up to quickly and it was nice to see him relax a bit. "He had his meeting and then his parents wanted him at home for the night, since he's been at ours the past few days.". Chanyeol made a noise of understanding, despite Sehun explaining that they were going to wait to tell Luhans parents, after a while, it became increasingly difficult to think of excuses for where he had disappeared and so the couple revealed their relationship, minus the soulmate part, Luhans parents seemed happy for their son and it made it easier for Luhan who could now tell them he was with Sehun.

 

"Well then, who's first?" Chanyeol looked at the two expectantly, Jongin and Sehun had different tutors, Jongins was some woman who apparently tried to flirt with Junmyeon every time the met, much to his dismay, as well as Jongins and Sehuns amusement. It was funny to see how flustered Junmyeon would get when he was trying to politely decline all her advances. Sehun had apparently gained a new tutor, his old one having left, they had yet to meet him and Chanyeol hoped he wasn't some old guy who would bore Chanyeol to death.

 

"Me first." Jongin told him and led the way to his meeting. It was fairly painless and Chanyeol got away pretty lucky, managing to deflect all the flirting with ease. "Well you're certainly better than Junmyeon, he would still be in there trying to politely let her down." Jongin noted with a laugh, Chanyeol and Sehun both laughed as well knowing it was true, Junmyeon was too nice sometimes. 

 

Sehun led them to his meeting and they entered the room which was surprisingly empty, there was a note on the table explaining that the teacher had quickly gone to grab something and would be back soon. The three took a seat at the desk and waited for the teacher to return. Soon enough they heard footsteps and a figure entered the classroom shutting the door behind himself and making his way over to the desk, a file in hand.

 

The male sat down and finally made eye contact with Chanyeol, a sweet smile on his face, as their eyes met a shock ran through him as he he saw the face of the teacher, dainty features made up his face and Chanyeol swore it was the most perfect face he had ever seen. The teacher had also frozen a shade of purple flashing in his eyes as well as Chanyeols both their eyes widened in realisation that the stranger in front of them was their soulmate.

 

Chanyeol broke out into a grin, "Its nice to finally meet you.".

 

The teacher had a soft smile that Chanyeol had already fallen for, "It's nice to meet you after all this time as well.".

 

Chanyeol gazed into his soulmates eyes, an expression of fondness and love etched upon his face.

 

Jongin and Sehun were both rather confused, why on earth would their teacher and brother be so glad to see each other? "Ah, could someone explain what is going on?" He directed his question at Chanyeol who was still staring at the teacher, with a smile Chanyeol tore his gaze away to turn to Jongin "I believe I have just found my soulmate."

 

"What?!" Jongin exclaimed at the same time Sehun incredulously stated "Are you serious?!". 

 

Both Chanyeol and the teacher nodded, they knew they were right and they couldn't be happier. Turning back to face his soulmate, Chanyeol extends his hand, "I'm Chanyeol by the way, these two are my younger brothers." He tells the teacher with a nod in the direction of Jongin and Sehun who still look shocked by the news. The teacher takes Chanyeols hand and Chanyeol admires how beautiful his hand is, "It's nice to meet you Chanyeol, I'm Baekhyun." His soulmate returns with a grin. Chanyeol loves the way his name sounds coming from Baekhyuns lips and knows it's something he wants to hear for the rest of his life.

 

Baekhyun seems to remember their whole point of the meeting and quickly breaks eye contact with Chanyeol to look at Sehun, "I apologise Sehun this meeting is for you," Baekhyun notes with an apologetic smile. Baekhyun turns back to Chanyeol, "Sehun is an excellent student, he gets some of the best grades, I was looking through the notes that his previous tutor wrote and there were several in regards to how quiet he was. Personally I see no problem, clearly you are comfortable the way you are, I would just like you to know that I am here if you ever need any assistance.", the teacher finishes with a smile aimed at Sehun and Chanyeol swears he was melting  from how adorable his soulmate was. He was also relieved that Baekhyun shared the same thought as him, that Sehun was fine the way he is.

 

After chatting for a few minutes, about what Sehun was doing in class, as well as other school related issues, Baekhyun seemed content with the meeting and closed his file that had contained the notes. "Well, that's everything that I wanted to discuss, so I guess the meeting is over.". Chanyeol is sure he can see a hint of a pout ion Baekhyuns face and he honestly feels the same way, he doesn't want this meeting to end, it would mean they would have to part ways and Chanyeol could not bear that.

 

Jongin shifts in his chair, clearly having thought of something, "This is going to seem really weird coming from a student, but would you like to meet the rest of our brothers? I'm sure they would be delighted to meet you. Also our brother Junmyeon would kill Chanyeo, as well as us, if we didn't bring you as soon as possible.".

 

Chanyeol was rather shocked by Jongins question, he looked towards Baekhyun with an unsure expression, he didn't want to make Baekhyun feel awkward or pressured to accept (although he knew that Junmyeon would kill him if he hid Baekhyun). Luckily Baekhyun had a happy expression, "I would love to, I have just a few more meetings and then I will be finished, so if you give me your address I can come over as soon as I'm done.". Chanyeol wanted to decline and say he would wait, but he also realised that the brothers had left the house in a bit of a mess that morning, having all woke up late by accident, as a result, Chanyeol needed to go home and quickly clean. 

 

Chanyeol nodded and begin to write the address down on a pice of paper that Baekhyun had handed him, once he had finished, he passed it to Baekhyun, there hands brushing as Baekhyun took the paper. Chanyeol felt tiny fireworks explode around him as they touched.

 

Reluctantly Chanyeol stood up, his brothers having already stood and walked towards the door, Baekhyun stood as well and the two stared into each other's gazes, "I guess I'll be seeing you later then." Chanyeol uttered, not wanting to break the warmth that surrounded them. "Later." Baekhyun promised and with a smile the two broke away and Chanyeol exited the classroom.

 

Of all the things Chanyeol expected from that night, meeting his soulmate was certainly not one of them. Chanyeol couldn't be happier though and believed it must have been some sort of fate that resulted in him going.

 

 

 

 

 

Here's the first part of Chanbaek, these two are one of my favourite ships in Exo, they are so adorable together and I love how they look next to each other. Also Chanyeol and Baekhyun are two of my bias' (as well as Lay, because he is just too damn perfect), I just can't pick between them.

 

As always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, comments are appreciated and be sure to tell me about any errors you see. See you next chapter :)