Arrange Marriage

My Love Story

Class started and you were still sleeping on your desk. Until you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. You got yourself up from the desk and took your phone out to see who has text you. Only to see a text from your dad.

Dad “Your mum and I will be coming to Korea this Saturday. And you will be meeting your fiancé. No more excuses and don’t you think of escaping like last time. Don’t mess this up.”

You could only look at the phone and sigh. Thinking (I guess I can’t get away from it anymore.)

Flashback

3 years ago, your dad has set you up with someone. It was his best friend’s son, who was also his business partner as well. Also, you knew that they were living in Korea now. Both of his parents was Korean, but was studying in Singapore for awhile. Your mum and his mum was best friend, they were in the same school and class before. (That was how they met each other) And when your parents got marriage, she attended with her husband and their daughter (that was how your dad met his dad). They became best friend since then and they become business partners. Your dad owns hotels while his dad owns businesses, he had shares in a few of your father’s hotels while your dad has shares in a few of his business as well. You mum and his mum got pregnant at the same time (her second child) and gave birth on the same year. Your mum gave birth to a girl (obviously which was you) and her mum gave birth to a guy (which is your fiancé they have been pestering you about.)

Their family moved to Korea to continue their business after a year later their son was born. But kept their promises to have an arrange marriage for both of you and their son. While your family stayed in Singapore. That’s why you never did met them. (Well they did meet you, but you were only just born) But they have been contacting each other since then. And has been trying to set you up with his son since 3 years ago. But you hated the idea and was always against it because you didn’t like being in an arrange marriage. You wanted your own freedom especially when it comes to love. That’s why you have always been giving your dad excuses like “I’m still too young. I already have a boyfriend now. I’ll meet him when I turn 18.”

That’s why he never did success in introducing him to you. Untill 2 years ago, they fly back to Singapore bringing their son with them. Wanting, both of you to meet. But you didn’t want it, hence, you screw the whole meeting up. You pack your back and left home, before they came to your house. You went to your best friend house to stay, even switch off your phones so your parents couldn’t find you. But 3 days later they found and you drag you back home. Their family went back to Korea already and told your parents they would meet you again 2 years later so you would be more prepared for it. You got a good scolding from your parents and that was the ‘escape’ your dad was talking about in the text.

*Flash back end*

You got home after school lying on your bed thinking (What should I do now? I have no way out of this… Should I tell Jr about it? Nah, that would only cause more trouble. Plus, it’s not like I would let the arrange marriage happen. I could just cause a scene when they are here, so they would have a bad impression on me. That way, they would never marry me to their son anymore.) You smirk at the plan you were coming up.

Saturday came by quickly. Surprising Jr told you yesterday that he had plans, because his parents was dropping by for the weekend. That’s why he could not take you out or meet you. You didn’t mind because, you obviously had a fiancé situation to deal with this weekend. All you were thinking about was, how are you going to screw this up. So, they would not ever make you go through another arrange marriage if this one failed.

You parents arrived at the house in the afternoon. They even hired stylise to do your makeup, hair and even brought a dress over. You were actually panicking because of how serious the situation was. They were that serious to even hire a stylise to do everything, to make you look the best you could. You didn’t know the situation would turned like this, but you had no choice but to go with it. They told you that their friends will be over for dinner that night. Hence, they even took the trouble to hire a cook to make a table full of dishes for them. All you could think of was, how to give them a bad impression of you.

Few hours passed, as you were in your living room drowning in your own thoughts. You snapped out of it when you hear the doorbell ring. You sigh and thought to yourself (The time has come. I need to face this. I am prepared to screw this up. I think.....)

Image result for nuest in suitImage result for nuest in suit

Image result for nuest in suitImage result for nuest in suit