Turn of events

Cupid's Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s a usual morning, Dara’s fixing herself in front of the mirror and fully aware of the clock that any minute from now Jiyong’s gonna step out on his apartment. He is still cold towards her but atleast he stop complaining about her following him around. Well it’s been a month since she started this crazy decision and maybe he got used to it. She was about to grab her bag when suddenly her phone ring.

 

_____________

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I was expecting to see a smiling Dara greeting me when I steped out on the apartment, but I frown when an empty hallway greeted me. I just walked pass her apartment thinking that any minute from now she’s gonna run after me and start babbling stories like I care at all.

 

I reach the street still no Dara around.This is strange, why is that girl not coming out? She’ll be late if she won’t take the bus coz the next bus will show-up in thirty minutes.

 

“Oh, good morning Jiyong!”

 

I turned around to see Mrs. Kim who is carrying a heavy plastic bag.

 

“Good morning Mrs. Kim!” I was about to take her bag trying to help her but she stopped me.

 

“Aren’t you late? I just saw Dara at the bus stop and she seems like in a hurry, she hasn’t even seen me.”

 

“Is that so? Ahm, okey I better be going too. Have a great day Mrs. Kim” I bid her goodbye and started walking. So she already left. I should be happy right? This is the first time Dara didn’t bother me as soon as I step out on my apartment.

 

Lunch came and still no Dara showing up. I should be glad, but why am I feeling so.. alone? I snap when someone sat right next to me, only to be disappointed to see its Sohee.

 

“Hi oppa!” Sohee greeted me.

 

I just smiled her back and continue eating. I finished my lunch quickly and bid goodbye to Sohee, still my thoughts are on Dara. What happened to that girl? When class ended I found myself staring at the school gate where Dara usually wait for me. Still no sign of her.

 

________________

 

At the hospital..

 

Dara’s POV

 

When Bom called me this morning telling me that they found our Nanny Sally unconscious on the kitchen floor I hurriedly dash out and went here at the hospital. Nanny Sally, we call her Nana is the one who took care of us when mom died. She treated us as her own daughters, Bom and I grew up into a fine lady thanks to her. But unfortunately my stubbornness took me when Dad gave us the shocking news by arranging Bom to a secret marriage.

 

“You should not ditch school Dara.” She weakly grabs my palm and presses it. Tenderly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter