A New Friend

I've Always Been More Than A Friend
Seonhwa was going home after a very stressful day. She still couldn't believe she slapped Seunghyun. She never hurt him before and she never thoughy she would anyway. She didn't notice that a group of girls were waiting for her at the school gates. Seonhwa stopped in her tracks when she felt a finger on her forehead. She looked up and saw five girls standing side by side in front of her. She didn't know any oof them but they all looked angry at her. This means trouble.

"Excuse me. I'm going home," said Seongwa with a sigh.

"You're not going anywhere until you pay," said the girl with short hair.

"Pay? I don't owe you anything. I don't even know any of you," snapped Seonhwa.

"You slapped our Seunghyun oppa! No one does that to him. You're going to pay," said the girl with bangs.

"Oh, right. I did slap Choi Seunghyun," said Seonhwa clasping her hands together. "But shouldn't it be him getting payback, and not you?"

"No one hurts him and gets away with it," said the tallest of them.

"Hey, guess what? I already did!" said Seonhwa rolling her eyes and walking past them.

One of the girls caught her arm and turned her around.

"Yah! Let her go!"

The five girls turned around and immediately got scared expressions on their faces. Seonhwa looked at the figure walking towards them. It was a girl. She was skinny and pale but she was certainly pretty. "Why are they scared of her?" she thought. They let go of Seonhwa and scrambled away. Seonhwa was left there confused.

The girl approached her and said, "Gwaenchanayo?! Those girls never learn. Hurting people when they're the ones who are weak."

"Uhm... I'm all right. Thank you," said Seonhwa.

"Great! My name is Park Sandara. But please. Just call me Dara," she smiled taking her hand out.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Yang Seonhwa," she bowed taking her hand.

"You look like a freshman. I'm a senior already making you my hoobae and dongsaeng," she said smiling. "Call me your unnie, okay?"

"Nae...unnie," said Seonhwa smiling hesitantly.

"You look so cute. But did I hear it right? You slapped Choi Seunghyun?" she asked with wide eyes.

"Uhm... Yeah. Kinda," said Seonhwa shyly.

She was getting ready to be slapped or shouted at. But Dara high-fived her and pumped her fists in the air saying, "At last! Gosh. I am really missing out on school happenings. I really wanted to do that to him for a long time now. But I can't. He deserves it. He's a jerk, a total jerk. You are one mean girl, Seonhwa-ssi. What did he do to you?"

"Uhm... Nothing. He just... He just said something," said Seonhwa surprised at Dara's statements.

"That's all right. You don't have to tell me everything. I'll now it anyway," said Dara with an understanding tone and a smile. "So, are you going home already?"

"Nae," nodded the youngest.

"Great. Come on. I'll treat you some ice cream. Or maybe waffles. Whatever you want," said Dara pulling her arm to follow her.

"Uhm... Thanks," she managed to answer.

They walked happily together to the ice cream parlor nearby. Seonhwa was happy with her new friend, someone she can call her unnie.

When Seonhwa came home, she was still thinking about her day especially when Seunghyun called her when she didn't give her number to him. No one else knows except Minzy and she said she didn't give it to him. Seungri and Youngbae know, too.

"Youngbae oppa. Of course! Aish. So stupid, Yang Seonhwa," she said.

She gave Youngbae her number when he asked for a date. He could've given it to Seunghyun. Seonhwa facepalmed herself and shook her head.

But she still wonders why Seunghyun would think she's joining the Music Festival. But then, a realization hit her. Chaerin, Minzy and Seungri know she's joining. Any of them could've told him.

She sighed. They were spying on her and she just knew it. She hated being followed. She remembered Jiyong following her home. Seunghyun could've made him do that to know if she still lives here. Maybe that date with Youngbae was just to get her number. Daesung could've told Chaerin to make sure she joins the Music Festival. And Seungri...

They're dating. But what if Seunghyun just made him date her to avoid other boys get near her. Everything's just a play.

"Urgh. No. It's impossible. Seungri said he was sincere," she thought.

She didn't think that was possible. She felt her heart sink. It isn't possible, not when she's getting attached to him.