Accept The Challenge

I've Always Been More Than A Friend
Everyone was talking about the upcoming Music Festival. Seonhwa's classmatea were already asking if anyone in their class planned to join.

"Minji! What if you join? You can dance," one boy said.

"I don't think so. Even if I join, I won't be sure if I could win," she answered humbly.

"We can't let Seungri join. He's in Bigbang," said a girl.

"But I can always support you. Promise!" said Seungri putting his hand across his chest and with a big smile on is face.

"Then, what if Seonhwa joins?" asked a girl looking ag her with much interest.

Seonhwa just laughed at them saying, "You guys haven't even heard me sing. What makes you think I would win?"

"Oh, come on, Seonhwa! You can sing," said Minji.

"She's right. We haven't heard her sing. So why don't you give us a sample?" said Seungri clapping, their other classmates joining him.

"Guys, it might rain," grinned Seonhwa.

Suddenly, Chaerin came inside the room and saw all her classmates crowding around Seonhwa, even her own cousin. No one even noticed he come in. She was pissed. "Why is this girl getting a lot of attention?" she thought. She listened to their conversation and realized they were talking aout who would join the Music Festival. She cleared and was glad when everyone looked at her.

"I was thinking guys. I'd like to join the Music Festival," she said confidently.

"Really?!" said Seungri walking towards her and holding both of her shoulders. "You are going to win for sure!" he said hugging her.

"That's cool. We wanted Seonhwa to join, too," said one of the girls.

"But, would it really be okay if you join?" asked Minji. "I mean, you're part of the Student Council, too."

"Yeah. It's all right. I can always tell the council of my plans and they can remove me from the committee," said Chaerin. "And, oh, Seonhwa. You're going to join?" she asked looking straight at her.

"They want me to join. I'm still thinking about it," said Seonhwa.

Chaerin suddenly felt fire rise up her cheeks. No way is her rival going to join and have the chance to win. No way. She let go of Seungri and faked a smile.

"Really, Seonhwa? You want to join? Wouldn't that be great!" she said taking her hands and faking a cheer. She had a plan in mind and she'll bet she would rethink her decision. "Are you thinking of doing solo? You can do a duet with me. I mean, if it's okay with you," she said letting her go.

"Uhm... Let me just think about it," said Seonhwa.

"Why? Don't you sing?" asked Chaerin folding her arms.

"I sing," answered Seonhwa.

"Chaerin-ah! Of course she sings. She even raps just like you!" said Minji proudly.

Everyone crowded even closer to Seonhwa asking her to sing or rap for them to hear. Chaerin was surprised. She couldn't believe Minji said she could rap. She knew Seonhwa plays the piano. But she has never heard her sing, or rap. She can't join the Music Festival. She'll win. Especially if the judges see what other talents she has.

"You should really join, Seonhwa. So everyone can hear you," said Seungri putting his arm over her shoulder.

"Yeah. You should. If you do, I will be your first fan," said their classmate with long hair.

"Hey! I'm already her first fan," said Minzy jokingly.

Chaerin snapped back to reality and thoight of a plan. Seonhwa must not get popular. She has to beat her. She would do anything.

"You know, Seonhwa. You should really join," said Chaerin with a very serious tone. "We can both join for our class. One of us has to win. If any of us lose, we have to leave this school and never come back," she said.

"What? Who are you to tell anyone to stop going to this school?" said one of their classmates in the back.

"I'm no one. But wouldn't that be better than facing the shame," said Chaerin glaring at him.

"But...what if you lose?" asked Seungri.

"Then I'll transfer. Easy as that," she answered walking out of the room.

Everyone fell silent. They wanted at least one of them to represent their class in the Music Festival. And they certainly wanted them to win. But if they lose, they're going to leave the school. It sounded absurd but Chaerin looked obviously serious with it. Seonhwa took glances at her classmates then shook her head low.

"You know, if I didn't know my cousin any better, I'd say she's challenging you. You and only you," said Seungri which sent chills to her spine. "But I know her. And yeah. She is challenging you. And she's dead serious," he nodded.